anybody here play a musical instrument?

xanxan

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Played trumpet for years. Have also played most of the brass family. I read mostly treble clef, so bass instruments are a stretch for me. Have tickled the ivorys a few times, but cannot sit at a piano and sight read a piece. I haven't blown a horn in years tho. Well, not one you play music on anyway. :p

lapdog2001

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by BruceSter@Jun 26 2005, 11:55 AM
I can play the CD player, and am a master of the record player and tape deck.
Bruce
[post=324177]Quoted post[/post]​
I'm a member of Bruce's band! B)

I wish I was able to learn something when I was in school, but we couldn't afford lessons 9 (or any instruments.) :(

LapDog :9 :p :9
p.s. Bruce, we should meet up with Pecker for some kazoo lessons!

Dr. Bubbles

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I play the piano, clarinet and sing.

I've been playing the piano since I was seven.... and played the clarinet in school. I have also been vocally trained, although I personally do not think I have a nice tonal quality about my voice. :(

An analysis of how proficient I am...

Piano... very good... I play daily as well as play in many different arenas. It is an excellent way to relax and let yourself get away from everything.

Voice... I am heavily involved in the music ministry of my church and serve on the "Praise Team," sing as a soloist, sing in a ladies trio group as well as the choir. I have also sung in other venues, games, university functions, pageants, etc....

Clarinet... I have not played the clarinet since high school... a LONG time ago. I suppose if I picked it up I might be able to retrain myself.

lapdog2001

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My father played clarinet, but not as an adult. I don't think my mother was musical although she enjoys it very much. As I mentioned, my siblings and I didn't play anything due to the lack of money for instruments and lessons.

The next generation has some potential, and some are already taking lessons and sounding good (for kids that is, no Mozarts in my family.)

LapDog :9 :p :9

bigtoe2

Just Browsing
Media
I play piano, clarinet, saxophone (soprano, alto, tenor and baritone), flute (regular), trumpet, some french horn, trombone, baritone, snare drum (not set), xylophone, and a few others. I sing if necessary...