Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes,I have most of her albums and I saw her play live 4 or 5 times.
The last time I saw her was at a small club in Manchester.She was unhappy with the sound and started crying at one point.The audience all tried to reassure her that it sounded fine but she just didn't want to be there that night.
After the gig I was standing outside when she came out too.She lit a cigarette and looked straight into my eyes for a few seconds.I didn't say anything,I could tell it wasn't a good time for casual conversation but her intense look has stayed strong in my memory.
She had just put her drug problems behind her and started a healthy lifestyle when she died in Ibiza.

Nico - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
whatireallywant - It wasn't a motorcycle accident,she had a heart attack and hit her head when she was on a bicycle ride.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That doesn't sound likely, but I can't really say for sure.

I do know that she was a very young woman at the peak of her career, so any child of heroin-taking age would be out of the question.

well, she was not really that young...and she had been around the "Scene" for a very long time...she reached her peak around 67-74 with desertshore, and at that point she was 36. (1974)

she was in La Dolce Vita when she was 21 (1959) and she had Ari in 1962.

as for his heroin addiction, it was likely she turned him on to it in some way, since he had never done it till he ran away at 17 to join her and then soon thereafter was a heroin addict.

it was said that she took LSD during pregnancy, i hope that is not true...

but she dragged him everywhere as an infant, and grew up part of the Warhol Factory...christ he was even the Velvet's mascot! lol

he has always told stories about how when he was four years old, he would finish the booze in the glasses that Dylan, Cale and Paul Morrissey left lying around, and used to take amphetamine and other pills that were always lying around because he thought they were candy.

this is still the best (and weirdest or saddest quote)

Edith Boulogne [Alain Delon's mother]:

Think about it, he was so little. Before we took him, she [Nico] dragged him around everywhere. He ate nothing but french fries, in train stations, hotels, airports. They lived like bohemians. She came to see him once in three years. She brought him something from America. Guess what? An orange. My husband and I looked at each other, speechless. We took the orange and thought, she's really not like other people... but I still liked her. She was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen".

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes,I have most of her albums and I saw her play live 4 or 5 times.
The last time I saw her was at a small club in Manchester.She was unhappy with the sound and started crying at one point.The audience all tried to reassure her that it sounded fine but she just didn't want to be there that night.
After the gig I was standing outside when she came out too.She lit a cigarette and looked straight into my eyes for a few seconds.I didn't say anything,I could tell it wasn't a good time for casual conversation but her intense look has stayed strong in my memory.
She had just put her drug problems behind her and started a healthy lifestyle when she died in Ibiza.

that is quite an interesting tale, yorkie...thanks for sharing it...she did have an intense look even in pictures, so i can only imagine it in person, especially around that time.