Anybody read that book - The Last Lecture?

westy30004

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I just finished it and thought it was pretty good. Thankfully, it was not as sad as I thought it might be, but the last three chapters were pretty heavy. Good book and some amazing insight into one's thoughts as he nears the end of his life.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have a personal connection with Randy. He was the boy around the corner. We were classmates through elementary, middle but went to different high schools. At the beginning of last year, his mom was walking down the street and I stopped her and asked about her family and finally got around to the topic of Randy. She merely said he was sick but I had no idea that meant he was dying. Imagine my surprise when I saw him in September with his last lecture. I remember his tenacity, his brutal honesty and fighting spirit as well as being a very bright young man. We were all in the egg head classes together. I am so sorry to know that he will not be with us for long but he has lived more in his 47 years than most do in 80. His spirit and ethic are a testimony to his parents and to his own drive and personal choices. I do recommend his book to anyone. He is truly an inspiration and I am so glad to have crossed his path during my life.