Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sedated it's not painful. With only lidocaine jelly squeezed up your urethra it is. Mine lasted around 8 minutes. Next time I'll pay for it to be done at the hospital sedated.

D_Alec_Baldtwins

Account Disabled
Media
I had it done some years back without sedation. Basically, they slide this catheter (thin plastic tube) up your urethra, pump your bladder full of water, look around in there with a scope, and then drain your bladder. The process of sliding the catheter in and out is no fun. The rest is no big deal. Not the worst pain I ever felt, and even having been through it, would probably decline sedation and its associated risks if I had to do it again. As said, no fun, though, either. Kind of depends upon your tolerance for pain. I'd call mine moderate.

What sucked more for me is the fact that sliding the catheter in and out leaves your urethra raw in some spots, and for the next couple of days, when you have to piss, it's like you're urinating battery acid.

AustinTX

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Had discomfort, not pain. It does burn a little when you pee for the next 24 hours but no big deal.
Had kidney stones removed many years ago useing a probe inserted in the urethra and was totally out. Proceedure was drastic but the stones were killing me and would have endured most anything for some relief. My urologist wanted me to have a spinal and he had already explained what he was goin to do. I told him that I didn't want to be awake while he rammed a rod up my dick and fished around for anything. I got knocked out.
Ask for a Valium before and for after and you will fine.

bart_von

Just Browsing
Media
Just had it done last week. I opted for the jelly and no anesthesia. Yeah, it burns to urinate for about 12 hours, but its really not that bad. It helps if you can relax, but I know that is easy to say and difficult to do. I've had the anesthesia in a hospital setting and prefer to go to the doctor's office. Anesthesia usually requires a hospital setting. The problem with that is the time it takes, and someone has to drive you home and you'll be dopey afterward. Hospital ORs often get backed up, and remember laying on a gurney for 4 hours because of an emergency. Plus there is more risk of infection. If you can stand the thought of what's going on I recommend the office visit. Remember that you're going to be sore for 12 to 24 hours either way.

chicocklarge

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I had that done b/c I had genital warts in my urethra. I know...gross. I never knew they could grow there. Anyone else had that? Anyway...I had it done as an outpatient at the hospital. Put me to sleep and woke up with a bigger dick (swollen). Just wished it stayed that way. Didn't burn when peeing afterwards. Got lucky I guess. Haven't had them since..been 10 years now. I didn't even know you could have it done the way the others here described with the gels and what not. That sounds painful.

D_Knobby Bare

Account Disabled
Media
pardon the pun but its a peice of pi$$ I was panacking but it was nothing squirted jelly up that numbed it was a bit uncomfortable then the tiny camera goes up you cant feel it only slightly when pulled out, as people have said the worst part is peeing afterwards for a few hours it stings but other than that seriously its nothing

B_Lightkeeper

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have had it done twice. I don't know the medical term for my problem - but it is esentially like a hole in the bladder lining. I can't ejaculate (anymore) but can have the feeling. I asked my urealogist where the sperm went and he told me it came out when pissing.

The worse part was having a young good-looking female do the prep. I'd rather have a stud. :tongue:

big_funstudd11

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
i hated having them done!! before i was given a clean bill of health from doctors, i had about 2-3 done a year!!! doing it sedated is fine, you just wake up with a tube up your penis and your like WTF. having it done awake sucks because you have to sit still the entire time!!!! the after effects are HORRID!!!! dispelling the water that they have pumped into your bladder is like peeing with a match being held at the tip of your penis for like 2-4 days!!!!

BoxersguyNJ

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
just had a cystoscopy 2 days ago right in the dr. office I had to lay back and the nurse had to fill my penis with some kind of gel and put a clamp on the edge so it won't leak out then the dr came in and put the scope in its not that bad its a soft plastic catether and it only takes about 3 min for him to look around and done no anesthesia or anything , I had a bearable burning not very bad when I urinated the first 2 days but now its all back to normal , I'll always have it done this way from now on

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I had it done a while ago. They catheterized me, which was not that bad. I was anesthetized. It was all done, because I had a gray area on a CAT scan, between my kidney and ureter, not urethra, so they were going through the bladder and up towards the kidney with the scope.
Apparently I went south on them, the 4th or 5th time the doctor tried to put the scope in the ureter. They gave me succhanocoline, which they would not ordinarily do.
When I woke, I had to piss so bad, it was unbelievable. By the time someone could get there, I had pissed myself involuntarily. Bladder agony was mild compared to the razor blade feeling of pissing.
I had not been aware of the many attempts, nor of the anesthesia. The next day, I was in so much pain, I could not chew a bean, nor push a shopping cart. I felt like 20 guys had beat the shit out of me, while I was under. I got painkillers from my regular doctor (a saint). Every single muscle from my waist up ached. My wife did some research, and found that this is a reaction to succhanocoline.
I had prostate surgery not long afterward. I requested that they not use succhanocoline. The anesthesiologist said, "They would never have used it on you, for a cystoscopy." When he looked up the records, it had been used.

dude_007

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You are describing a ureteroscopy, which is more invasive and involved than cystoscopy. Ureteroscopy is always under general anesthesia and perhaps you were given succinylcholine due to muscular contractions that made the surgeon unable to get the scope in the tube.