anyone been to a gay club?

burns1de

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Burns1de, as hot as you are, I'm sure that you managed.

Yeah, but it still sucks. I mean, I'm a straight guy, at a lesbian bar, that gets hit on by gay men. Try to wrap your mind around that. Needless to say, there's no point in my going back there.

And gay clubs are fun. I went to one last night. I enjoy the music, and I like the way that guys aren't afraid to dance. And straight clubs, you have a whole bunch of guys standing around afraid to dance.

Depends where you go... It might suprise you to learn that not ALL straight clubs are boring, cemetary-like places.

Or they linger at the bar, and get wasted.

Again, it's a bar. They serve alcohol there.

Another difference is: the girls are much more relaxed, and are willing to have a good time. They aren't worried that you are trying to get in their pants.

Yeah, imagine that - us thinking that girls at clubs and bars might want to get laid.

Ridiculous, I know.

arktrucker

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Has anyone been to a gay club before? what was your experience like? i've never been, but i've heard stories of guys just walking up and grabbing your ass/bulge. are they pretty mellow or are the like a freakin gay orgy?

Let me think back. Oh yes, I've been to a couple... hundred! Back in the day (I can't belive I just said that) we would just go to the city for a little drink and would always endup South of Market.. that's when it REALLY was South of Market. There were a couple of bars there that had orgies going non-stop, the RoundUp comes to mind right off. Oh how a little virus has changed the world.
I would go with my uncle and a couple of friends. We never went to the 'pretty boy' bars. There was always too much posing, primping, and nothing else going on. The place to go was the Tenderloin. Now thats the place that seperated the gay men from the gay boys. I know, I know, most of you are saying...ewwwww, but I've met more genuine nice people in the Tenderloin than anyother place.

Balljunkie

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I do not believe that you were not hit on by a girl that was curious. I get hit on at gay clubs by women. And I have been to lesbian clubs and been hit on by lesbians. :rolleyes:

Depends where you go... It might suprise you to learn that not ALL straight clubs are boring, cemetary-like places.

On the whole, most straight clubs that I go to in the U.S., the guys stand around. Most guys do not dance.

Again, it's a bar. They serve alcohol there.

Since they don't dance, they linger around the bar.

Yeah, imagine that - us thinking that girls at clubs and bars might want to get laid.

I didn't expect them to not want to get laid. But when the pressure is off, they are easier to approach. And it is not that ridiculous, Sir Hottie from Montreal.

B_Lightkeeper

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
When I first met my SO (still together since 1966), I had never been to a gay bar and had heard of one popular hangout in Birmingham (The Fire Pit.)
He had been around quiet a bit (another story) so we went in on a Saturday afternoon and sat at a long table. My hands were shaking so bad I had to cross my arms. I could not believe there were actually "more like me!" I soon moved there from Mississippi and we were a frequent scene at the bars for a number of years.
Since I quit smoking years ago and now live away in a small rural community, I don't go anymore.
I met many people and friends though with some wonderful memories.
Unfortunately many are now gone due to aids and age.

dongalong

Mythical Member
Media
I've been to a gay club, "The Queen" in Paris. I was with a group of rich heteros, I was a bit worried about going to the toilets, I naiively expected willy watching to be normal or glory holes in the cubicles! It was just like any other place.
I was surprised by how many women there were and how unfriendly they became when they knew that I was straight.
The men I met there were very open and friendly but I wasn't so keen on all those guys that kept staring at me.