Anyone else HATE shopping for clothes?!

MagicJohnsonFan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I'm curvy (36D - 28 - 38) and have such a difficult time finding clothes that I absolutely hate shopping for them. Thanks to my bust, I'm too big to fit into "regular" tops and and sundresses, but because the rest of me is relatively small "plus" sizes are much too large. The best luck I have (for work clothes, anyway) is Dress Barn. I'd love to find cute, in-fashion stuff but it doesn't seem to be in the cards.

We're going on a tropical vacation in a few weeks and I was spefically looking for sun dresses, which appears to be impossible. My breasts don't sag but they're large enough that I'm not comfortable not having any support at all. And don't even get me started on cute lingerie that's also comfortable enough to sleep in!

Are there places to shop that I'm unaware of?! Any suggestions?! I hate to think that I just have to resign myself to buying large clothes then paying extra to have everything tailored.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i have these issues. i'm a slim 36E
nothing that fits my waist & hips will go over my tits.
anything that fits my tits will hang like a sack.
i mostly just wear whife beaters & stretchy t-shirts.
it's frustrating as hell! but i still love shopping.

B_Dustydo

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Anyone else hate shopping?

Sweet Mother of Mercy child, wash your mouth out with soap!

I'm a short curvy 36E and I live to shop.
Trinny and Susanna are my fashion idols with their "What not to wear" and I do as they suggest for my figure and I buy to "fit the tits" and get the rest tailored.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Anyone else hate shopping?

Sweet Mother of Mercy child, wash your mouth out with soap!

I'm a short curvy 36E and I live to shop.
Trinny and Susanna are my fashion idols with their "What not to wear" and I do as they suggest for my figure and I buy to "fit the tits" and get the rest tailored.
i hate those women. and i hate what they wear.
i much prefer gok. he soesn't look like a horse face.
i don't like the clothes he chooses either though.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm curvy (36D - 28 - 38) and have such a difficult time finding clothes that I absolutely hate shopping for them.
Forgive me if I can't commiserate. I'd just about kill for a figure like yours. :redface: I am built like a paper towel roll, even in my younger thinner days I never had a waist. Until
32 I was like the roll without the paper towels but with a butt; now I'm more like a double roll of Bounty with a booty. :lmao:

Are there places to shop that I'm unaware of?! Any suggestions?! I hate to think that I just have to resign myself to buying large clothes then paying extra to have everything tailored.
Why should you be different than the rest of us? :confused: I'm only 5'8" but I have long legs and arms. Yet I am often too short and slight of build for tall girl shops. They assume if you have a 33" inseam you are built like Wonder Woman. NOT! I always have to have the sleeves let down on suit jackets and have trouble buying winter coats because the sleeves are often 3" above my wrist bone. :irked: Pants that are long enough are often too big for my thick waist. :261: Don't get me started on shoes. I wear a 9.5AA they are neither inexpensive nor easy to come by.

I count myself as lucky though, because I am not built like my friends mother-in-law. She is a size 18 on the bottom and a 12 on top with sloping shoulders. She has no butt, she is all hips. :frown1:

Oh and I LOVE to SHOP! :smile:

shiney

Just Browsing
Media
try figleaves.com. I think the MRS. shops there and generally has good luck. tall and curvy 36F and 5'9". she too hates the thought of '"SHOPPING"!!

a_uncensored

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Have you thought about finding something that fits the top and having the bottom part altered to fit?

I would think if you found a good seamstress, she may be able to even make up some cute dresses for your trip.

I also hate shopping but because my bottom is larger than my top - pain in the butt for swimsuit shopping - so I love LandsEnd Tankini's because you can mix and match different size top & bottoms.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Forgive me if I can't commiserate. I'd just about kill for a figure like yours. :redface: I am built like a paper towel roll, even in my younger thinner days I never had a waist. Until 32 I was like the roll without the paper towels but with a butt; now I'm more like a double roll of Bounty with a booty. :lmao:

Yeah, me too! I have a booty but small boobs and thick waist. I am TERRIBLY envious of slim but curvy and busty women. :frown1:

Why should you be different than the rest of us? :confused: I'm only 5'8" but I have long legs and arms. Yet I am often too short and slight of build for tall girl shops. They assume if you have a 33" inseam you are built like Wonder Woman. NOT! I always have to have the sleeves let down on suit jackets and have trouble buying winter coats because the sleeves are often 3" above my wrist bone. :irked: Pants that are long enough are often too big for my thick waist. :261: Don't get me started on shoes. I wear a 9.5AA they are neither inexpensive nor easy to come by.

I'm sort of the opposite here. I'm 5'3" rounding up with short legs and arms but broad shoulders and thick build and a long torso (for my height). So petite large size tops fit in the shoulders and arms but are too loose in the boobs and are too short. I can usually wear petite pants but I'm a petite plus size on bottom (small end of plus sizes), and sometimes I can't find that. And in shoes I wear a 7D, and wide width shoes are usually in styles more suited to 80 year old grandmothers in nursing homes than a stylish 40-ish woman. :mad:

I count myself as lucky though, because I am not built like my friends mother-in-law. She is a size 18 on the bottom and a 12 on top with sloping shoulders. She has no butt, she is all hips. :frown1:

Yeah, that's bad. A male friend of mine said he actually dated a woman once who wore a size 6 on the top but a size 18 on the bottom because of her hips! YIKES!!! I'm sort of the same size on the top and bottom although I sometimes wear one size larger on bottom because of my waist.

Oh and I LOVE to SHOP! :smile:
I like it ok when I have money but with my financial situation I don't like it. Although sometimes I get frustrated even when I do have money, because I hate my body and how it looks. :frown1: I sometimes think instead of buying a bunch of clothes, having liposuction and stem cell breast augmentation would be a better investment.

Last edited:

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
i like shopping for everything else except slacks and jeans. when it comes to this i am beyond picky.

since i'm 5'4" i have to buy my jeans in "short" instead of regular because the regulars are too long. whenever i buy slacks, i have to have them altered no matter what because they cover my feet.

the problem i come across most often is the pant leg being too wide, and i refuse to buy skinny jeans because they're absolutely hideous and should be a fashion crime. i also stopped wearing a few pairs of slacks i bought last year because they flare out and make me look like i'm wearing my mom's slacks from the 1970s.

i also have this weird thing where i'm in limbo because i can't fit into jeans from stores that carry the standard 0-12 sizes. but the sizes in the plus-size stores are way too big, so i'm basically screwed.

anyway, after being sick of all the frustration i avoided this problem by been sticking to skirts and dresses. i hardly even wear jeans anymore. i have one pair that still fits very well... but the rest, forget em.

Last edited: