Anyone else here love the eighties?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK, Nov 19, 2003.

1. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

For all of those who can relate, how many of you watch  VH1's I Love The Eighties and what do you think of it? I personally find it great, since it was I growing up in the 80's. 8)

2. Imported

Gold Member

prepstudinsc: Since I did most of my growing up in the 80's, I do like that show...I always get a lot of laugh from it.

3. Imported

Gold Member

aj2181: Hell Yes I loved the eighties. Spent them playing in a sand box.

4. Imported

Gold Member

gigantikok: I FUCKING LOVE THE 80'S SO FREAKIN' MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the over abundant enthusiasm, but the 80's music and pop culture encompasses such a huge portion of my life. Practically all the music I listen to is 80's, all kinds of 80's. I listen to everything from Cyndi Lauper and Culture Club to AC/DC and Dio. I am obsessed with learning about every single ludicrous 80's fad I may not know about. The wall crawlers, the leg warmers, the enormous women's shoulder pads, Teddy Ruxbin (the demon teddy bear from hell), cookie puss, chicken nuggets, everything man. For that reason alone, I watch any VH1 "I love the 80's" program religiously. God i am so obsessed.

5. Imported

Gold Member

mindseye: I don't have cable, so I haven't seen this particular show, but heh -- I'll admit to being a junkie of 80's music myself. And 70's music. And 90's music. And. . .

Aw hell, I'm nuckin' futz about music. . .

6. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

All right! Nice to hear a lot of people are still into the eighties! Congratulate yourselves folks; Its MILLER TIME!!

7. Imported

Gold Member

palladen: Bring back the music! The rest can stay ... GAH neon everything ... (shudder) ;)

8. Imported

Gold Member

gigantikok: I dunno, a little neon can be fun sometimes... ;)

Coming from a completely "Metrosexual" point of view, lol. :D

9. Imported

Gold Member

mhk: I'm still trying to block out the eighties. :D I do love the show on TV, though. I'm so glad the members only jackets and parachute pants are gone! Now, if I could just bring myself to throw away my atari and my intellevision. :)

10. jdoe86

Gold Member

Albums:
    I am 40yo.. and the 80's feel like yesterday.. God i am getting old! I still listen to 80's music and.. stop me before I have a flashback. :D

11. Imported

Gold Member

aussiechick63: I love the 80's.
    We had a big concert here in Brisbane last weekend that I went to, was all 80's.
    Belinda Carlisle, Kim Wilde, 1927, Paul Young, Human League, Mondo Rock.
    It was awesome.
    Kim Wilde blew me away, she was amazing.

12. Imported

Gold Member

gigantikok: DAMMIT! :mad: Why can't there be big concerts like that around where I live?? :'(

13. Imported

Gold Member

7x6andchg: Because it's UTAH? :D I think they only allow the Osmonds in concert....

(j/k Gigz)

14. Imported

Gold Member

SpeedoGuy: [quote author=geo8x6 link=board=99;num=1069243671;start=0#9 date=11/20/03 at 16:42:57]I am 40yo.. and the 80's feel like yesterday.. God i am getting old!  I still listen to 80's music and.. stop me before I have a flashback.  :D[/quote]

Exactly the same situation here.

SG

15. Imported

Gold Member

Thumper_10x7_CA: Well gigantikok just catch Duran Duran on their "We're all back together including Simon" world tour!

The 80's were MY time! That was my coming of age time. Pretty in Pink (I had a crush on Duckie) Sixteen Candles (oh my God that guy was HUNKY!) going to my first gay bar, buying my first gay mag and not just swiping my dad's Hustler mag (Hustler because it had women AND men). Having my first ejaculation and thinking it must have been soap that got down in there that came out. :D
    70's? NO WAY! 80's? Totally Tubular, Like oh my God!

16. Imported

Gold Member

mindseye: [quote author=Thumper_10x7_CA link=board=99;num=1069243671;start=0#14 date=11/22/03 at 06:39:28]Well gigantikok just catch Duran Duran on their "We're all back together including Simon" world tour![/quote]

...and failing that, at least get their 2-DVD set that just came out on Tuesday...

17. Imported

Gold Member

ish789: *little dog pops up* Snausages!

18. Imported

Gold Member

Tender: well i was justa wee lady.
    but anyway
    i remember the care bears, who btw are making a small come back ive noticed....
    and watching the A team and 21 Jump Street...ET...
    and folding my jean legs up a certain way
    and curling my bangs to stand straight up lol
    high top tenis shoes....

at least i think that was in the 80's.... too young for me to remember *when* just remember those things....

Tender

19. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

I spent the Eighties in Cuba. We got American and English pop music, just a quite a bit later than those of you in the free world! And I loved the music. We had no MTV in Cuba, so I didn't see the videos, but I remember the songs and the artists. Billy Idol, Toni Basil, Adam and the Ants, Kim Carnes, Dexys Midnight Runners, Eurythmics, Cyndi Lauper, INXS, Ah-Ha, Yaz, Nena, Falco, Culture Club, Michael Jackson, Bonnie Tyler, Duran Duran, the Buggles, Modern English, David Bowie (he was still going strong), the Police, Bruce Springsteen, Prince, Tina Turner, Elton John, Sheila E, Marilyn, Dead or Alive, Paul Young, the Boomtown Rats, Meatloaf, Nina Hagen, Spandau Ballet, Human League, Bronski Beat and so many more. I hope those names conjured up fond memories for you!

20. Imported

Gold Member

str8_nnj: ....Ah yes,the eighties...got my first VCR.. one of those "pop up" jobs It cost $600.00 in eighties dollars too...now they go for $49.50 (with a $10.00 rebate)..anyone need a copy of 'the deerhunter" recorded with minimal volumn "clicks" recorded off HBO when it was commercial free?... ::)

Draft saved Draft deleted