Anyone else here think that HRC is a joke?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_HeartsAfire, Jul 21, 2009.

1. B_HeartsAfire

B_HeartsAfire New Member

Anyone else here besides me think that HRC is a joke? They do nothing for GLBT rights, are a laughing stock for GLBT rights, and just take in tons of money and then when Obama's DOJ said how same gender marriage is just like incest they wrote that pussy weak polite response when they should have been angry and more vindictive. I know I am in the minority here and people will say that I'm not PC but what I wrote is true.

2. B_cigarbabe

B_cigarbabe New Member

Gotta agree with you H.A. every time I've gone to them for help
    I've gotten burned.
    C.B.:saevil:

3. B_HeartsAfire

B_HeartsAfire New Member

What happened to you? I have noticed that they do little for bisexuals and Trans people despite how they claim they are for GLBT rights.

4. slurper_la

Gold Member

Albums:
    I was a supporter until an article appeared outlining the salaries of the heads of several non-profits.

Joe Solmenese (sp?), the head of HRC is paid more than $400k per year. At first I accepted the argument that talent deserves strong, competitive compensation as a means of retention but while I was still reeling from this news I watched him debate the housewife who heads Operation Marriage that worked to implement Prop 8 in CA and is on a cross-country rant against gay marriages. She wiped the floor with Joe. THAT convinced me, large salaries do not guarantee great minds.

5. houtx48

Gold Member

Joe Solmenese (sp?), the head of HRC is paid more than $400k per year.......... they pay that yutz 400k a year? who you have to fuck to get that job?

6. B_KCMOStud

B_KCMOStud New Member

The HRC is a joke and in order to be a "good gay" you have to donate money to them and blindly follow their dogma and agree with them 1,000% on every single issue even though they do not do anything for Bisexual or Trans people and what they do for Gay and Lesbian people is a joke and they hold expensive dinners and talk a lot but do not actually do anything. :rolleyes:

7. B_Lawnboy

B_Lawnboy New Member

The HRC is a joke and does little for queer rights or GLBT rights or GLBT people as a whole.

8. B_Lawnboy

B_Lawnboy New Member

Most Lesbian and Gay men if they ever had any vision of sexual emancipation, have long ago lost it. The idealism of the immediate post-Stonewall lesbian and gay liberation movement has been swamped by a short-sighted, short-termist realpolitik. Few homos aspire to anything more than assimilating into the hetero status quo. They happily conform to the straight system. The battle cry is gay rights/gay marriage, not queer emancipation. The gay rights agenda focuses on the limited goal of equality, which involves parity with heterosexuals within a social structure and moral framework which straights have devised and which they dominate. In other words, equal rights on straight terms. Those who advocate gay rights alone, without any deeper commitment to the transformation of sexuality, are concerned with only removing homophobic discrimination. They want to reform society, not fundamentally change it. Their insistence on nothing more than equal rights for queers, and their typical view of lesbians and gay men as a distinct class of people who are destined to remain forever a sexual minority seperate from the straight majority, have the effect of reinforcing the divisions between hetero and homo. It encourages the false essentialist idea that gay and straight are two preordained, irreconcilable sexual orientations characteristic of two totally different types of people. Such attitudes preserve society as it is, inhibiting the movement for greater sexual choice and freedom. For some, gay identity has become a sexual security blanket which is clutched tight at all times. Its loss would undermine the core of their being. They cling tenaciously to a sense of gayness, with all its connotations of invariable sexual difference, certainty and exclusivity. Anything that clouds the distinctions between straight and gay is deemed suspect and dangerous. Hence the frequent irrational hostility to bisexuality and bisexuals. Lesbians and gay men with this mind set are wedded to gay identity, not gay liberation. This particular form of gay identity is implicitly committed to the preservation of sexual difference and to solidity of the gay/straight dichotomy. Because there is so much emotional investment in being gay, there is a concomitant, often unconscious, resistance to resolving the division between homos and heteros and, even more so, an unwillingness to admit the possibility that homosexuality, in the form we presently know it, might one day cease to endure.

9. Principessa

Gold Member

What the hell is the HRC?:confused: Last time I heard those initials spoken of with such disdain it was a republican talking about Hillary Rodham Clinton.

10. B_Lawnboy

B_Lawnboy New Member

Draft saved Draft deleted