Anyone else here with DirecTV?

ssongs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I saw this commercial today of a guy running around in his backyard saying how there's a huge hurricane coming. It's pouring rain, lots of lightning, wind blowing things over. Then he goes inside and says he still has over 600 channels of crystal clear DirecTV. And then you see his TV on some news channel displaying a weather report.

Right now in Norfolk, VA there's some light sprinkles, some distant lightning, a light breeze and MY DirecTV is totally out. What the hell? Is that false advertising or what? I would like to change to Cox but I'm bound in a contract with DirecTV until next year. And to cancel it they would charge me $20 for each month between now and the end of the contract. So like $250.

Assholes.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
We have the Triple Freedom package. Internet (DSL) Phone(long distance) and direct tv. The picture quality is amazing. You may get a storm once and a while, and the picture goes out for a few minutes. Other than that it's great. Just by not having cable and dealing with the phone company, i'm saving a lot of money. I'm looking into getting Fios.

Last edited:

well, i live in the mddle of nowhere and satellite is all i can get. Even when i lived in Florida, i had satellite though. i hate the cable companies and can bear the satellite companies. Direct TV very rarlely went out in FL. Even when there were hurricanes going through. i now have dish ntwork but i am getting ready to switch back to Direct TV.

ssongs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Cool. I guess they're not so bad when I remember the times I've had cable. It just seems to storm when my favorite shows are on and I miss them because it cuts out.

chadstallion

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I saw this commercial today of a guy running around in his backyard saying how there's a huge hurricane coming. It's pouring rain, lots of lightning, wind blowing things over. Then he goes inside and says he still has over 600 channels of crystal clear DirecTV. And then you see his TV on some news channel displaying a weather report.

Right now in Norfolk, VA there's some light sprinkles, some distant lightning, a light breeze and MY DirecTV is totally out. What the hell? Is that false advertising or what? I would like to change to Cox but I'm bound in a contract with DirecTV until next year. And to cancel it they would charge me $20 for each month between now and the end of the contract. So like $250.

Assholes.
i have two satellites for Directv. the one for HD goes out much faster and stays out longer than the regular one. thats why I duplicate m Tivos on both programmers.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
We have Satelital with the usual packages (HBO, Cine Canal, Showtime) which is basically DirectTV in Spain. I pay an extra 60€ a month just for the English news channels which consists of BBC, CNN, MSNBC, English News from Germany, Al Jazeera in English, a few smaller English news outlets (API has one), but amusingly the English News Package does not include FOX News Network. I asked why FAUX News wasn't included while the salesman spent an hour at my apartment building ensuring we could receive the additional signals. His response, in Spanish, "Por que no son las noticias, solo artículos de fondos malos -- fuentes de mentiras!" In other words, it's not a news channel. Only bad, unfounded editorials, a source for lies.

It's so nice to know "old Europe" can tell the real from the fake. But they have a long history of practice.

Last edited: