Anyone else think Sex Change operations are wrong?

HappyBoi

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I can't even begin to understand how it would feel to wake up every morning, looking yourself in the mirror and not recognize your outside appearance as a reflection of how you feel on the inside. To always feel like you're trapped in a shell that doesn't represent who you truly are.

So no, I don't see this surgery as something "dumb".

To answer the OP -NO, it`s not wrong!

You`d make such a beautiful woman, Joll! With those doggy eyes, you could rule the world! :biggrin1:
Bugger off! lol.

You meant dodgy eyes didn't you? :wink:

B_just8inches

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It comes down to an expensive and dangerous elective surgery based on an insecurity with ones physical appearance. Lets be honest, ladies and sassy gay men.. you've never had a snide remark to make about a woman getting breast implants or face lifts? Those who get the "re-assignment" surgery deserve the same ridicule that Meg Ryan got for f*cking up her face, and the same constant jokes Pamela Anderson gets about her boobs.

B_just8inches

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You're right. No sign of prejudice anywhere about you.

You're sarcastic. Ok the thing I am prejudice against is the surgery not the people. You know it's possible to disagree with someone and not be intolerant of them. All the sick children out there who can't even get basic medical care and then there's people dropping $100,000 on a genital lift. How about they donate that money to a charity and feel a little better about helping someone. I am NOT intolerant of their transsexualism.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm finished with this thread until it gets reported. I believe in the freedom of speech but I also support my freedom not to read BS. I suggest you do some serious reading about this subject. It's not insecurity about appearance but complete gender identity. Comparing it to Pamela Anderson or Meg Ryan is absolutely ludicrous.
If you actually have some data about the percentage of patients who had remorse I would really like to read it as I requested in my prior post.

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
You're sarcastic. Ok the thing I am prejudice against is the surgery not the people. You know it's possible to disagree with someone and not be intolerant of them. All the sick children out there who can't even get basic medical care and then there's people dropping $100,000 on a genital lift. How about they donate that money to a charity and feel a little better about helping someone. I am NOT intolerant of their transsexualism.

Ah. Then you are prejudiced. You get indignant when somebody calls you on your shit. A friend'll do that. People who don't give a shit won't. Just sayin'...

B_bxmuscle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't buy the claims of so-called "gender dysmorphia" or whatever other term they use these days to defined so-called trans-sexualism. That said, it's clear that people who think in this way are very unhappy and struggle to make decent lives for themselves. Indifference to this or any kind of human suffering is indecent.

I favor accepting that there are some people who need to live as the gender other than their biological one. I also advise such individuals to seriously rethink the need for radical surgeries and other medical procedures to change their appearance to do so.

eurotop40

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't buy the claims of so-called "gender dysmorphia" or whatever other term they use these days to defined so-called trans-sexualism. That said, it's clear that people who think in this way are very unhappy and struggle to make decent lives for themselves. Indifference to this or any kind of human suffering is indecent.

I favor accepting that there are some people who need to live as the gender other than their biological one. I also advise such individuals to seriously rethink the need for radical surgeries and other medical procedures to change their appearance to do so.

In spite of the very liberal attitude of the medical establishment here in Switzerland about gender reassignment we have definitely a lot of cases where the persons committed suicide after the operation.

HappyBoi

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It comes down to an expensive and dangerous elective surgery based on an insecurity with ones physical appearance. Lets be honest, ladies and sassy gay men.. you've never had a snide remark to make about a woman getting breast implants or face lifts? Those who get the "re-assignment" surgery deserve the same ridicule that Meg Ryan got for f*cking up her face, and the same constant jokes Pamela Anderson gets about her boobs.

Right... the people who undergo a change-sex surgery "deserve ridicule", but you're not prejudice about the people.. no.. not at all.

B_just8inches

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm finished with this thread until it gets reported. I believe in the freedom of speech but I also support my freedom not to read BS. I suggest you do some serious reading about this subject. It's not insecurity about appearance but complete gender identity. Comparing it to Pamela Anderson or Meg Ryan is absolutely ludicrous.
If you actually have some data about the percentage of patients who had remorse I would really like to read it as I requested in my prior post.

Rofl, it's a perfectly legitimate comparison. So you wish you were born different. People all over the world wish they were born different than they are. The Rolling Stones have this nifty tune that goes something like, "You can't always get what you want." And don't gay people find it offensive that some a woman might rather have her vagina turned into a penis and be a heterosexual man rather than a gay woman?

And if it's not about sexual orientation.. then what? Going to the bathroom? I just hate peeing with my penis! I wish I could urinate out of a vagina instead... Or what you look in the mirror and get really depressed because of .. the way you look? It's shallow. Pure and simple. Shallowness.

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
Rofl, it's a perfectly legitimate comparison. So you wish you were born different. People all over the world wish they were born different than they are. The Rolling Stones have this nifty tune that goes something like, "You can't always get what you want." And don't gay people find it offensive that some a woman might rather have her vagina turned into a penis and be a heterosexual man rather than a gay woman?

And if it's not about sexual orientation.. then what? Going to the bathroom? I just hate peeing with my penis! I wish I could urinate out of a vagina instead... Or what you look in the mirror and get really depressed because of .. the way you look? It's shallow. Pure and simple. Shallowness.
I have never seen such a balls-out, ostentatious wad of narcissism - fueled ignorance in my life.

B_just8inches

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Right... the people who undergo a change-sex surgery "deserve ridicule", but you're not prejudice about the people.. no.. not at all.

I said deserve the "Same ridicule", can you learn to read and not take it out of context? I'm sure there's plenty of people on this site who have made fun of people for getting excessive plastic surgery.. then all of a sudden it's considered intolerant to be just as consistently against elective surgery on the genitals as I am about it on the face.

I never said they should be illegal. I'd have no problem with a transexual pride parade, or the people involved. Again, I have a problem with the operation.

HappyBoi

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Wow.. This is probably one of the threads most filled with prejudice I've seen in a while. It's sickening..

B_just8inches

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I like how elected members of your government are actively trying to take away the rights of gay citizens and I am labeled prejudice for expressing an opinion about a surgery.