Anyone else think X-Men Orgins: Wolverine sucked?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by jp, May 1, 2009.

1. jp

jp
    Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I'm a bit of a marvel fan boy so maybe I'm being too harsh. The movie was just kinda whack. The Weapon X story line has so much material to draw from, and Wolverine alone as a character has to be one of the most compelling that Marvel has. And the film was only better than bad, actually it was kinda bad. It started off okay but then just sorta went no where. Blob? WTF? And altered Deadpool? WTF!!!??? How is this Avengers movie ever gonna happen if the Wolvie franchise is no good? Also have a question; Marvel open up it's own studio after the Spiderman 3 disaster, The Incredible Hulk and Iron Man are products of Marvel having complete creative control. Did 20th Cent already have the rights to the wolverine film before Marvel started controling it's characters? Am I the only comic geek with a big cock?

2. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

It isn't getting very good reviews.

3. jp

jp
    Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Oh yeah Gambit! They ruined him too. And I guess in an effort to bring this full circle, I'd guess that Gambit probably has one of the hugest cocks in the Marvel universe. Like 10x7 uncut, in my dreams hahaha!

4. flame boy

flame boy Account Disabled

I also thought that the movie sucked - big time. I went in there not expecting very much - just a solid, enjoyable super hero movie - and I was really disappointed. It was on par with X-Men 3 (we won't even go there, folks!). There were huge plot holes throughout, massive continuity errors which negate the X-Men movies and a really subpar story line. As you said JP, Weapon X is a great source material, so why was it fucked up so badly. I would put this right at the bottom of my list of comic book movies, just above Fantastic Four and Ghost Rider...

Oh and you're not the only geek with a big schlong! My mister is packing some serious trouble in the pants department and he's even more of a geek than I am! xoxo

5. Incocknito

Gold Member

The 'Animated Series' > Movies

'Hollywood' will make anything if they think it will make money. They won't try to make it good either, they will just make it.

They have no consideration for a good story or being loyal to fans. The voice actor for Wolverine was great, in the 'Animated Series'.

6. flame boy

flame boy Account Disabled

You're right SC, there was no consideration of the previous movies, comics or TV shows - it was simply a case of "lets make some money". It's a shame because Wolverine is a great character and he started off so strong but quickly declined.

Also - what happened to the young Storm cameo? She was in the trailers.

7. jp

jp
    Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    oh yeah! I remember the storm buzz. This movie gets an epic fail!!!

8. javyn

javyn New Member

Albums:
    I'm not a comic fan at all, but enjoyed the first two X-Men movies, 2 more than 1. 3 was retarded, and I have no interest in seeing any followups, flashbacks, prequels, or whatever.

9. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    My sister and her bf went to see Watchmen and didn't think that was much cop either (bit boring). Anyone else see it?

10. B_Artful Dodger

B_Artful Dodger New Member

I would agree... To be honest i'm not a Wolverine fan anyway so it was never gonna top my list of favourite films.
    The thing that annoyed me most was the frankly pathetic refernce to Emma Frost, who is an amazing character!

Where I think the real promise lies is for a fourth X-Men as the story was left open wide enough to drive a tank through it at the end of The Last Stand...

11. MickeyLee

Gold Member

went into the theater all giddy and fangirled out. took pictures with all the fan boys playing hooky from work and decked out as Logan.

left all grumpy and unhappy.

a case of epic suck and epic fail.
    ml

i waited and waited for Storm. there was no Storm :irked:

they so ruined Gambit and Sabretooth

12. galaxus

galaxus Member

I agree. the action and story was ok.

As a nerd the movie gets a 6/10

If I wasn't a comic book nerd though, I could see the movie getting 8/10

There wasn't enough time to develop Gambit. He had like 10 mins of screen time.

13. B_Artful Dodger

B_Artful Dodger New Member

Yeh thats what i thought about Emma. :mad:

14. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

Keep in mind this is not my type of movie. I saw this in April and really had to force myself to watch the whole thing. Mr. Snakey rates his movies on a candy scale. X- Men = 1 Goober.

15. jp

jp
    Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Well, was that Emma? The only thing that would make that Emma is her Diamond form, but that's new, a young Emma wouldn't have that power yet. Also Emma and Silverfox are not related. So that's just another minus to the film. My point is, if it is Emma, they got it wrong, if it isn't, they weren't clear that it was another unique mutant. Also my other argument for why it wasn't Emma, no telepathy, Emma can rival Charles, she'd use that first.

16. Krusader

Gold Member

Albums:
    Deadpool is kind of messed up, sad cost he's so awesome in the comic

17. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
    Skull Mason should have been in it

18. D_Humper E Bogart

D_Humper E Bogart New Member

Saw it, but it attempts to be a direct comic-> film adaptation. The graphic novel collection is far too deep and epic to be condensed into a film, so the film left out a lot of information, like what everyone's JOBS actually are, why they quit being heros (mostly), and even things like every car is now electrical and that the Soviets tried to create their own Dr Manhattan etc etc etc. There are a million subplots and every background character almost ended up as a 'main cast role' (since the total collection is so thick!) Also has the psychiatrist come up with a "happy-day" version of Rorschach's journal, which is darkly funny.

19. B_nuketully

B_nuketully New Member

The Hulk's would be thicker. lol

20. MickeyLee

Gold Member

only if he was having hate sex.

Draft saved Draft deleted