Anyone ever been burgled?

Media
When I was in grad school, my apartment was broken into through a window. A TV, A VCR, and a tape player were stolen. I was more upset about someone invading my space.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wow, I just posted about this on another thread, but I was robbed at gunpoint last year by three thugs. Some young guy knocked on jy door, I opened it a bit to ask what he wanted and he said "I'm looking for motherfuckin' Mike" I told him I didn't know anyone named motherfucking Mike, thinking I was really funny, then two more guys came around the corner, one stuffed a gun in my face. I swear it looked two feet long, but I know it was probably just a ruger or something like that.

The big guy had the gun, and he made me crawl on the floor and all sorts of humiliating shit. Eventually, we ended up in my bedroom, and I was sure I was going to be raped, but he just kept asking where's my drugs and where's my money. He literally laid on top of me while I was face down in my laundry pile. The two other turds tossed my place, broke almost everything I own including my sewing machines, all for $28 and a prepaid cell phone that was out of minutes. The only thing they took of value was my entire file of IDs- passport, SS card, titles to previous cars, birth certificate, old tax forms- everything. Eventually they just left, but after having a fat guy with a gun telling you you're about to die for about twenty minutes, you can hardly say I was unscathed. I finally got him off of me by telling him I was not used to being around guns, and I was about to shit my pants. Seems he wasn't committed enough to get poo on himself. Haha, now tell me it doesn't pay to be smart instead of violent.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
Wow, I just posted about this on another thread, but I was robbed at gunpoint last year by three thugs. Some young guy knocked on jy door, I opened it a bit to ask what he wanted and he said "I'm looking for motherfuckin' Mike" I told him I didn't know anyone named motherfucking Mike, thinking I was really funny, then two more guys came around the corner, one stuffed a gun in my face. I swear it looked two feet long, but I know it was probably just a ruger or something like that.

The big guy had the gun, and he made me crawl on the floor and all sorts of humiliating shit. Eventually, we ended up in my bedroom, and I was sure I was going to be raped, but he just kept asking where's my drugs and where's my money. He literally laid on top of me while I was face down in my laundry pile. The two other turds tossed my place, broke almost everything I own including my sewing machines, all for $28 and a prepaid cell phone that was out of minutes. The only thing they took of value was my entire file of IDs- passport, SS card, titles to previous cars, birth certificate, old tax forms- everything. Eventually they just left, but after having a fat guy with a gun telling you you're about to die for about twenty minutes, you can hardly say I was unscathed. I finally got him off of me by telling him I was not used to being around guns, and I was about to shit my pants. Seems he wasn't committed enough to get poo on himself. Haha, now tell me it doesn't pay to be smart instead of violent.
Goodness that is scary Zora.

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
I haven't lived in a house that's been burgled since I was in elementary school, luckily. In fact, that was the only time I've ever had something stolen from my home. It was a real shitty thing to experience. My mom had just gotten her income tax refund and with it she bought our first ever microwave, home stereo, and a new Nintendo for me and my brother. All of those things were stolen. My brother and I only had the chance to play with our Nintendo for a week when it was stolen. And, of course, we didn't have insurance, so we were shit out of luck. As I said, I haven't had to go through this again, but both my sisters have had their houses burglarized a couple of times over the years.

crescendo69

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Two bikes, three wallets, tuxedo, bassoon reed tools, microwave, stereo, palm pilot, change-counter, expensive sunglasses, glucose moniters, chair, records, medicine, etc, thru home and car break-ins, pickpockets, or carelessness in lockerrooms and out in public. Was never held-up, though.
I seem to be a sitting duck.

Love-it

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
We don't lock the door to our house. The only thing ever taken from here was a floor jack 20 years ago, it was sitting outside, well not quite true, my slow nephew took a bank bag of pennies that belonged to my wife, got those back.

From my business: the attached building was burgled, I got about half of it back when it was found in the woods about 15 miles from the store. We have lots of used stuff for sale outside the building and a few things have walked, some shoplifting and a few employees who thought that business money was theirs to take.

chris6092

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wow! I didn't realise I was gonna get such a big reaction to this post. thanks guys. What is going on in the world that makes people want to do this to other people? The answer is probably to feed a drug habit. The Police told me that my burglars did it to feed their habit. As I said in my original post my neighbours got done a couple of days after me and it turns out one of the burglars was a woman. She stole her expensive cosmetics and jewellery. At the risk of sounding like my Dad what the hell are women doing becoming burglars???

I Know this is not the 1950s but come on!!!!
Chris

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
About fifteen years ago someone broke into my house and took my Belgian made, gold plated triggered, absolutely beautiful Browning Sweet Sixteen. It would be worth thousands today.

It's probably a good thing though because my, how can I say - spirited? wife would have likely shot me with it by now.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ah, Zora, I remember when you went through that ordeal, and I remember how happy I was when you recovered enough that you could actually talk to me on the phone.

What I've never figured out is why you... it's not like you were in a gated community of million-dollar homes. It's not like he had any reason to think you were running some million-dollar drug clearinghouse. Once they got in, it's not like there was anything to make them think you had big bucks stashed away.

Sigh.

Let's move to Tahiti, or Bora Bora.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ah, Zora, I remember when you went through that ordeal, and I remember how happy I was when you recovered enough that you could actually talk to me on the phone.

What I've never figured out is why you... it's not like you were in a gated community of million-dollar homes. It's not like he had any reason to think you were running some million-dollar drug clearinghouse. Once they got in, it's not like there was anything to make them think you had big bucks stashed away.

Sigh.

Let's move to Tahiti, or Bora Bora.

I'm thinking Spain- good art, good food and gorgeous weather. I fucking LOVE olives!

Thanks for being there for me guy, it was a tragic time and I'm still not all the way back to my old self. Seriously, what kind of dipshit robs the extremely poor?

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm thinking Spain- good art, good food and gorgeous weather. I fucking LOVE olives!

Thanks for being there for me guy, it was a tragic time and I'm still not all the way back to my old self. Seriously, what kind of dipshit robs the extremely poor?
Barcelona, here we come!

I was so worried about you for several weeks, I couldn't get you out of my mind. I know you aren't completely over it, possibly never will be, but I know you are better now. My man loves olives (and gummis) so much that up until his kids were high-school age, they gave him a can of olives, gummi bears, and a card on every gift-giving occasion. It was really cute.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

It's terrifying, Z! I don't know if I could have coped as well as you have. Further:

Soy móvil a España con usted y D.C. Deep. ¿Cuándo vamos?

biguy2738

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Amongst car break in, a burglary at the office etc, my wife was hijacked, had a gun pointed in her face, and then had the butt smashed into her face. I feel for you Madam Z, cos since then she seldomly sleeps without tossing and turning (despite going for trauma counselling) - I can only imagine what you have had to go through!

In our neck of the woods, crime, even violent crime resulting in death has become so regular that it seems as if it's become a hobby...it's no longer a case of who has experienced crime, but who hasn't..

To put the cherry on the cake, our Minister for "Safety and Security" told the media that if any South Africans aren't happy with the crime rate, they are welcome to board a plane and go to another country. How's that for instilling confidence in the general population?

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Several items of cheap but sentimental jewelry were stolen ....and.....some nude pix of me.

I guess hanging nude photos of yourself on the wall isn't a great idea. The burglar sounds a little pervy, unless he was a stalker, ex-lover or art collector. Don't you hide these under your mattress?

burns1de

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I guess hanging nude photos of yourself on the wall isn't a great idea. The burglar sounds a little pervy, unless he was a stalker, ex-lover or art collector. Don't you hide these under your mattress?

Yeah, he should have put those pics in a less conspicuous place... like, on the Internet, or something. :wink:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
madame_zora, I am so sorry you had to go through such a horrific experience! I can't imagine how terrified you must have been. No way would I have been that colleced under the circumstances. I have heard of women who were able to scare off rapists by telling them they had their period.

I'm glad you're alive. :smile:

As for the things: I had my passport and $500 in Am Ex travelers checks stolen my first night in Naples, Italy years ago. The travelers checks were ridiculously easy to replace; but the passport OY VEY! That was a bitch to replace. As the daughter of a home economics, major and a crafter myself the loss of the sewing machines really resonated with me as being particularly cruel.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
MZ: I'm so sorry to hear about what must have been a life changing experience of the worst kind. And I'm very glad you're still here to rant at us! :smile:

biguy2738: I'm glad your wife survived that experience. And hope that time and counselling will help her memories of that day fade.

It seems that the world sucks at times.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

lol

The pix were hidden in the same small cedar box the savings bonds were stashed in. Go figure.