anyone ever hear of the band jack off jill?

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
yesterday, i learned that they formed at my high school! i dunno, kinda interesting to know that a band you dig went to yer high school, yah?

so like, has anyone else gone to a high school (outside of like, beverly hills high lol) that produced famous people?

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Jack Off Jill is a better band than what I've got to offer, but I went to high school with one of the guys in Blessid Union of Souls. He was in a garage band called Dead Snow with some of my friends, we spent many nights in one of our friend's basements, which was the local concert venue complete with homemade cookies from mom- it was a great place as a kid.

I've only heard a few songs from JOJ, but I liked what I heard, from what I remember. I'll have to check out some of thier stuff again.

Trent Reznor went to high school somewhere in Ohio. Makes sense, Ohio bands are always so fucking sad.

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
yay! jana likes jack off jill! i just think it's weird that they formed in my old high school. also, marilyn manson went to my high school as well. my friend anthony used to clean his pool

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
yay! jana likes jack off jill! i just think it's weird that they formed in my old high school. also, marilyn manson went to my high school as well. my friend anthony used to clean his pool

I made him a couple G-strings when he was on his first tour with NIN, before anyone knew who the fuck he was. Nice guy, he treated me and my g/f like long lost cousins. He had my friend (gorgeous girl, miss Cincinnati in weightlifting a while back) do a strip show for his dad! It was a hoot.

Heather LouAnna

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I used to wear a lot of black. Yes, I've heard of Jack Off Jill. I still listen to them actually. I do realize now that their music isn't very imaginative. I also can't relate to many of their lyrics. I just don't feel that way anymore.

Not so angry at my parents. :rolleyes:

Jack Off Jill, for those that don't know, is said to be the female version of Marilyn Manson. Yes, I used to listen to Manson too.

It wasn't until the mid-late nineties that the ecstasy wave hit that I traded in my black clothes for a virtual rainbow of apparel. Who says ecstasy isn't high grade prozac?

As for..bands forming at my "highschool..." I live in Austin. We're the live music capital of the world. There's a band on every street corner.

Male Bonding etc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
My aren't we verbose! Give up the goods.

yah, seriously dude. dial us in

:wink: A couple of football players who've made it to the big leagues (one who went on to be a network sports commentator), a politician or two, an actor or two or three, some millionaires, probably a criminal or two (but I don't know this for a fact), a few folks living lives of quiet desperation, a bunch of folks out there in the "middle" somewhere, some career military, at least one who is in intelligence (CIA?), but no musical groups that I know of... weird.

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
:wink: A couple of football players who've made it to the big leagues (one who went on to be a network sports commentator), a politician or two, an actor or two or three, some millionaires, probably a criminal or two (but I don't know this for a fact), a few folks living lives of quiet desperation, a bunch of folks out there in the "middle" somewhere, some career military, at least one who is in intelligence (CIA?), but no musical groups that I know of... weird.

dude, we were so talkin about you givin up names (except for the CIA person...i don't want you being scooped up lol)

Male Bonding etc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
dude, we were so talkin about you givin up names (except for the CIA person...i don't want you being scooped up lol)

Lonnie, Dobie, Bill, Eliott, Martha, Bob, Steph, another Bill, Matt, Rick, Theo, Sue, Barbara, Mike, John, another John... I'm sure I am forgetting some names... and we don't know what happened to Charlie.

Male Bonding etc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Sorry, surferboy, I was being flippant.
No, I have never heard of Jack off Jill.
Yes, some semi-famous people went to school with me, but you probably haven't heard of them either.