Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I stumbled across the weirdest thing. Its called the bareback brotherhood. Its a community of gay men who engage in bareback sex. Numbers appear to be over 900. To me it would seem dangerous but it is about people who are for bareback sex. With the gay community plagued with HIV sterotypes, wouldn't this harm the gay community. I never tried to have a one night stand with a woman bareback, but then again if I could be 100% sure she wouldn't get pregnant and she had no stds I would do it. What do you folks think?

mr_ocean

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You mean bug chasers, there are a few of them in the group. I figured it out when the first discussion I read was about taking a toxic load or something like that. Go read it, it gave me the chills. I don't agree with it, but then again adults can make their own choices.

Last edited:

Something_Else

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Very troubled individual that created the group #BBBH

Personally, I am okay with bareback with MANDATORY pre-requisites [both men knowing their status, getting tested TOGETHER & they're sero-concordant: meaning they're both of the same status].

Under that dynamic, both men are fully aware of the other guy's status as well as know that they can't change the other person's status from unprotected sex.

However, I read one of his blogs that made me very sad.

He calls himself, "Stealth Bomber" in which he ultimately is DELIBERATELY not revealing his status to his partner?!

He even gloats about his iniquitous acts of pulling off the condom and/or cutting the tip off the condom and unloading inside the guy when the dude explicitly asked him NOT TO?!!! :eek:

I don't know the legality of this and whether this is criminal and/or illegal; however, this is certainly unethical and immoral to use sex as a weapon - which this guy is certainly doing.

As I said earlier, I don't have issues with barebacking as expressions of trust, intimacy & bonding. I have tremendous problems with men using barebacking as a way of hurting others or simply being selfish - putting their sexual desires over another person's mental & physical health.

This behavior, at it's very least is reckless & irresponsible; at it's very worst, it's incorrigible & symptomatic of a sadistic sociopath.

I'm glad the OP shared this info. I believe that knowledge is power. Knowing that there are some very emotionally unstable individuals out there that use sex as a weapon only makes one wiser.

Consenting adults, people. You stay out of my bedroom, ma and I will certainly steer clear of the one you preach from.

D

deleted136887

Ok.....
Sounds like the 80's never happened.
Happy barebacking y all.