Anyone ever rent Swimwear or workout clothes?

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've been curious about this,

Does anyone know of anywhere where a facility rented swimwear (speedos, trunks, etc.) or workout clothes (jock, shorts, shirt, shoes)?

I saw on another thread where a guy said he know someone worked at the locker/swimwear rental booth at a state park.

I know when I was in Australia on Bondi beach I thought I saw a sign that said something about swimwear rental, though I wasn't able to get close enough to it to get a good look.

Also I know that somewhere on the Nifty Story Archive, there is a story about a person renting swimwear (though I know that's fantasy, I haven't been able to ever find that story after the first time I read it)

SpeedoMike

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think it was called Marineland of the Pacific in Palos Verde Peninsula/Los Angeles which introduced swimming/diving in one of the large aquariums. that was about 1980. Youse paid your money and they handed you a rather baggy red boardshort and a mask. Great fun, but the shorts were a drag. there must have been a big laundry in the basement. Speedos would have been more fun.

cwboy22

Sexy Member
Media
Cedar Point in Sandusky Ohio used to rent trunks and towels in the old bathouse. Had to be late 60s and early 70s

Troykin

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I've been curious about this,

Does anyone know of anywhere where a facility rented ..... or workout clothes (jock, shorts, shirt, shoes)?
I for several years rented bowling shoes. Finally I became tired of having to do this and bought my own. Bowling alleys often have rentable shoes at a cost ranging from fifty cents to five dollars for the game depending on where you go and the time of day or night. The only other clothing I ever rented was a tuxedo.

I don't know of anywhere that does that, and I sure wouldn't use that service if they did! I used to work in a men's clothing store and we had to tell the men that were trying on underwear or swimwear to keep their own underwear on underneath for hygiene reasons. We had a no refund or exhange policy on both underwear and swimwear - I'm pretty sure that it's law where I live. This is why I'm so careful when buying those things. I won't purchase a pair of underwear if it looks like the box has been opened or tampered with. I have this image of some filthy, gross, fat and hairy guy trying them on and then putting them back.:puke:

SCSea

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
One of the old Hydrotube waterslide places near a mall in Portland used to rent suits. I've also seen swimwear hire in Europe, mostly in large fitness centers and spas.

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Cedar Point in Sandusky Ohio used to rent trunks and towels in the old bathouse. Had to be late 60s and early 70s

Thanks for the place and dates, would be really great if someone could find some historical information about this.

What type of suits were they?

I don't know of anywhere that does that, and I sure wouldn't use that service if they did! I used to work in a men's clothing store and we had to tell the men that were trying on underwear or swimwear to keep their own underwear on underneath for hygiene reasons. We had a no refund or exhange policy on both underwear and swimwear - I'm pretty sure that it's law where I live. This is why I'm so careful when buying those things. I won't purchase a pair of underwear if it looks like the box has been opened or tampered with. I have this image of some filthy, gross, fat and hairy guy trying them on and then putting them back.:puke:

I'd use it but only in a very extreme case if I didn't have a suit with me, but the chance of that ever happening in my entire life is very slim, as I always seem to have my gym bag which has my speedo at the very least in it, sometimes there's trunks, but if the decision was to wear my own speedo only or rent trunks, I'd defiantly be wearing my speedo. As I doubt the rental trunks would fit well or be in very good condition.

Yea I love buying new swimwear/underwear, but I hate the aspect of trying it on. I wish more stores would offer the inside hygienic strips that they should to cover the interior of the suit. Since asking customers to wear there underwear isn't really the most practical these days with all the guys that wear boxer/boxer briefs/ or just go commando.

I always look at them before trying them on, and I wish more places would keep the swimsuits in boxes rather than hanging them on hangers since this would make it easier to tell if they've been tried on. Though underwear is usually pretty easy to tell since guys are notorious about never putting it back in the box properly.

I just try to think that some young hot guy tried it on prior to me rathing than the opposite.

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Anyone have any updates with regard to Rental swimwear/workout clothes?

I know at my first college they had a program where you could get your workout clothes laudered (I believe it consisted of shorts/t-shirt/jock), I don't belive they were really shared overall as I think you put all your items on some type of cord or something to keep them together when they were laudered, though they might have rented the sets to other people once your rental period was over, as it seems like it would have been a waste if somone only rented them for a month and then to have to get rid of them.

OzSpeedoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I remember at school if you dint bring your bathers you we issues with a school speedo.

only other time was when in Europe was on a camping trip and we went to a public swimming pool out in the middle of whoop whoop. they had a now shorts policy which was fine with me had my togs but most of all the other guys had to wear speedos from the pool office they just had a box full and were handing them out were not all the same so it could of been the lost property box.

cofrader

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ewww and Super EWWWW.
Come on! you cant rent that!! How expensive could be a new pair?
Someone borrowing one is wierd enough but making business that way gross

necrokr6236

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
At my college we can "rent" workout clothes, shorts, shirts, its not really renting though they just hold some collateral

SpeedoMike

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
years ago most schools and some public pools provided suits to everyone. they did it for hygiene reasons and also to prevent threads and lint from regular suits from clogging the filters. Imagine if they tried to do that now.

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Imagine if they tried to do that now.

Its not swimsuits directly, but I know at some water attractions they require that people wear wetsuits for certain activities, and these are used over and over again, though there is no specific genital contact as I'm sure its required that everyone wears a swimsuit underneath, though there's really no way to guarantee this if people change in a locker room.

So I'm sure if a pool or a waterpark wanted to require certain swimwear there is probably someway they could get around the different health regulations.