Anyone ever rent Swimwear or workout clothes?

D

deleted300444

I've been curious about this,

Does anyone know of anywhere where a facility rented swimwear (speedos, trunks, etc.) or workout clothes (jock, shorts, shirt, shoes)?

I saw on another thread where a guy said he know someone worked at the locker/swimwear rental booth at a state park.

I know when I was in Australia on Bondi beach I thought I saw a sign that said something about swimwear rental, though I wasn't able to get close enough to it to get a good look.

Also I know that somewhere on the Nifty Story Archive, there is a story about a person renting swimwear (though I know that's fantasy, I haven't been able to ever find that story after the first time I read it)

Details are fuzzy here. Just this past winter, a friend of a friend was talking about his new gym membership (don't know the name), a gym in Chicago. Your membership fee includes use of gym shorts, socks, jock, and T. - This was a service so that you didn't need to carry around your gym bag, back n forth to work. Thats all I know.

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I remember at school if you dint bring your bathers you we issues with a school speedo.

only other time was when in Europe was on a camping trip and we went to a public swimming pool out in the middle of whoop whoop. they had a now shorts policy which was fine with me had my togs but most of all the other guys had to wear speedos from the pool office they just had a box full and were handing them out were not all the same so it could of been the lost property box.

School speedo doesn't sound bad... now not so sure how i would feel about using a suit out of the lost and found...

At my college we can "rent" workout clothes, shorts, shirts, its not really renting though they just hold some collateral

did this include a jock too?.. .what kind of collateral..

In France, you can rent speedos in pools when you forgot to take yours. But it's quite rare, only for the absent-minded guys :)

I've heard now some pools have speedo vending machines..

Details are fuzzy here. Just this past winter, a friend of a friend was talking about his new gym membership (don't know the name), a gym in Chicago. Your membership fee includes use of gym shorts, socks, jock, and T. - This was a service so that you didn't need to carry around your gym bag, back n forth to work. Thats all I know.

Cool interesting to hear.. wish someone had more details on this..

cdog204

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
My university had two pools. One of them was brominated. At that one, when you entered the facility you would be handed a red speedo-like suit for use. No other swimwear was allowed. Upon leaving the swimming area, on the way back to the lockers, you had to remove the suit, hand it through a window, and walk through this shower-tunnel of high-pressure cold water. Then you could proceed to the regular lockers and get going. This was still the procedure when I graduated in 2005 and, to my knowledge, still the system there. No big deal.

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My university had two pools. One of them was brominated. At that one, when you entered the facility you would be handed a red speedo-like suit for use. No other swimwear was allowed. Upon leaving the swimming area, on the way back to the lockers, you had to remove the suit, hand it through a window, and walk through this shower-tunnel of high-pressure cold water. Then you could proceed to the regular lockers and get going. This was still the procedure when I graduated in 2005 and, to my knowledge, still the system there. No big deal.

Thanks for the info...

I wonder if this is a bromine specific sort of thing?...
did they ever give any sorta of reasoning?..
did people complain?..

all pools should have a shower tunnel of high pressure water, not necessarily cold though, that everyone has to walk through prior to entering the pool area.. so many people don't shower prior to jumping in a swimming pool these days, which is so gross!!.. that combined with a speedo rule, would definitely make pools more sanitary...

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That's so unhygienic and gross it could put me off eating for the next coupla days!:puke: Now I know most skatingrinks/bowling alleys will rent footwear/skates, but that's feet, and they spray them afterwards. Swimwear is gross cause you got the last guy's whatever in there rubbing against your junk/twig and berries.

Bottom line;

NO FUCKING WAY FOR ME- I'LL PROVIDE MY OWN,TYVFM!!!!!:irked:

cdog204

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
I never got a good explanation on the swimsuit issuance thing. I suspect it had to do with the bromine, because the other pool on campus didn't do this and let you wear pretty much whatever you wanted.

I think it was for sanitary reasons as well. I'm sure that the suits were properly cleaned between uses. I am an OCD clean freak, and they were suitable for me. They were handed out in a sealed pouch and returned to what seemed to be a laundry operation. The facility housed the sports teams' locker rooms and provided laundry service for them that was phenomenal.

It actually was quite convenient as you could decide on a whim to drop in for a swim between classes and didn't have to think ahead to pack a suit then carry home a damp one after you'd finished.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In college us jocks would go to the "cage" in the locker room and hand our Student ID to the attendant and he would give us a towel, bar of soap, jockstrap and a key to a gym locker on an elastic ring. No swimsuits however. You could also check out exercise equipment and such.

hotlion

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
In college I took a scuba diving class and one day I forgot my board shorts. I had to use a speedo from the lost and found.

gwmasiahk

Experimental Member
Media
Coming from a large poor family, I remember as a child having to wear very ill-fitting swimwear mostly bought from jumble-sales!! Would I do so today? No way!! Designer stuff all the way!!

JTT

Expert Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
When I was in high school - if you forgot your swimsuit on swimming day, the gym teacher made you wear a school speedo. They were in the closet in the locker room, in a tub. They were all wet and tangled. They weren't like real speedos, they didn't have elastic at the top, they had a drawstring. I remember once I had this wet soggy thing on, which some guy the period before my class probably had his nuts in, and the string was all knotted up, and I couldn't get them all the way up. So I was in this embarassing position trying to get the string unknotted.

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Years ago I took some follow up university classes, the pool there had 'issued' swim speedos. It was rather funny to watch... One size does NOT fit all. I think letting the men swim nude would have been simpler. I remember having to hold my nuts as I walked out to keep them from falling out- I wasn't sure if I should go with a larger size and cinch the hell out of it or...

Saw one guy dive in, resurface and then frantically look around to see that his shorts were floating 8 feet BEHIND him...happened to a few. But then again back then it was socially acceptable to HAVE a (big) penis...

B_Hey22

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What would happen if th person before you was a hung likens horse and stretued outbthe front I bet you would look funny. I would never use a used bathing suit unless it was like a friends or somethig

mark115

Cherished Member
Media

what university is that?