Anyone ever thought about installing a urinal in your home bathroom?

schlongislong

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
In my master bathroom, I have a bathtub that is never used. I have been thinking about removing the tub and using the existing plumbing to install a urinal. I think it would be cleaner, use less water and be much more convenient for those annoying midnight nature calls. What do you think?
Do it bro...best thing ever. I had one in my last house and LOVED it. I’m definitely going to do it again.

njfellow2002

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I must say how surprised I am that most seem to like the idea. My personal experience of urinals, from childhood up, is one of nasty 'old piss' smells.....mostly reminding me of the New York City Subway systems (which for some IS a urinal already)-- and the thought of bringing in something that will make my en suite bathroom stink like a public toilet is unheard of.

I remember working for a very small office that had just a few guys in it, and their 'mens room' had a urinal, which I thought was silly as the toilet was 2 feet away. That urinal was so gross, covered with old splatted piss that turned brown as it dryed. I never used it...

Reactions: halcyondays

And all of the outdoors?

This is the solution to the Aussie outdoor urinal. I just noticed that the tree has a knot hole which has been eaten out. Makes it look kinda spooky :) Piss at your own risk :) :)
205927.JPG

ohiorod

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I once looked at a house that was for sale that had a urinal in the basement. I found it unusual, but also a convenience in the basement. What was weird was that there was no bathroom in the basement. It was oddly located.

When making changes to my present home, I would not add one, particularly due to resale value of the home. I have 5 baths and 2 are en-suites, but even with them, I worry about taking out a tub that I have never used, so that I can install a luxury shower. Again, I worry about resale value of an en-suite with no tub. I am usually not a conservative, but I am quite careful with home alterations.

Reactions: Nexolaris

Squirrel1

Worshipped Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I once looked at a house that was for sale that had a urinal in the basement. I found it unusual, but also a convenience in the basement. What was weird was that there was no bathroom in the basement. It was oddly located.

When making changes to my present home, I would not add one, particularly due to resale value of the home. I have 5 baths and 2 are en-suites, but even with them, I worry about taking out a tub that I have never used, so that I can install a luxury shower. Again, I worry about resale value of an en-suite with no tub. I am usually not a conservative, but I am quite careful with home alterations.
In most cases, tubs are used for bathing children. As long as the main bathroom has a tub, I wouldn't worry about removing it in an en-suite. If I were buying a house, a nice big shower in the en-suite would be a far better feature than a tub.

NIMBUS

Legendary Member
Media
In most cases, tubs are used for bathing children. As long as the main bathroom has a tub, I wouldn't worry about removing it in an en-suite. If I were buying a house, a nice big shower in the en-suite would be a far better feature than a tub.

That's a conundrum that I've been tossing around for the last couple of years. The bathroom is really 'life expired' now, with various components needing attention. The bath tub is not big enough for me, I either have to have my top half out of the water or my folded legs out, so I almost always shower. There's not much room to reconfigure the fittings or put in a bigger bath, especially with the position of the door - everything is in the wrong place, so I've been pondering turning it into a wet room. However, my concern is suitability for an incoming family with children and the effect on resale value. Meanwhile, as I continue to deliberate, it just gets shabbier!

Reactions: ohiorod

Auggiecakes

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
In my master bathroom, I have a bathtub that is never used. I have been thinking about removing the tub and using the existing plumbing to install a urinal. I think it would be cleaner, use less water and be much more convenient for those annoying midnight nature calls. What do you think?

I would never destroy my pre-war apartment like that.

Reactions: sodominsane

Jason Vandermeer

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
There's a lot of talk about selling the house. A urinal sounds like a great convenience to me. How about simply using the sink? I can already hear the reactions: How disgusting! Actually, it isn't - if you're a clean man in general. A sponge with some soft soap after each pee will suffice. And think of the water you save?! A no-brainer.

Reactions: BIGBULL29 and sdbg

Baldsurfer

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've always wanted a home urinal, but there's no room for it in my current master bath. BUT, I have a Roman shower in there that sometimes doubles as a urinal - like when I have raging morning wood and it's so much easier to just pee in the shower and then run the water for a moment to "flush"

Gj816

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

I'm going to go with the resale value of your home should you ever decide to or need to sell. While if you have a basement or man cave that would seem like the most obvious place to install a urinal. Probably wouldn't do it in an en-suite, but it's your house your rules.

Adrian69702006

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I've always wanted a home urinal, but there's no room for it in my current master bath. BUT, I have a Roman shower in there that sometimes doubles as a urinal - like when I have raging morning wood and it's so much easier to just pee in the shower and then run the water for a moment to "flush"
I can't say that I have, although I've found the shower makes a good urinal. If you really want to be green and do your bit for the planet though, use the sink and 'flush' with the tap water as you wash your hands. It's what I do a lot.

ItsAll4Kim

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
There is already a walk in shower in the master bath and another bathroom with a tub.
It's still going to create problems if you sell the house. I'm a contractor, and if I had that much space in the master bath I'd do it but plan to restore the tub prior to selling. Losing the tub in the master bath will lose a sale to most women. The irony is that everyone loves a big garden or spa tub in the master bath, but they rarely get used much. I've removed 10+ year old tubs like these that showed very little wear/use. Just like wood burning fireplaces...great notion that winds up unused.

So remove the tub, install the urinal and leave the hot water rough-in. At sale time, yank the urinal (for the next home!) and install a freestanding tub, as the floor will be finished anyway.

ohiorod

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
In my case, my home has 5 full baths and two are en-suite, but only one bedroom is on the first floor of the three floor home. So, that resale value really concerns me because the bathroom where I would remove the tub is my en-suite on the first floor. Being a brick home, it would not be easy to extend the bathroom out, so I will probably continue to sit on the fence on it or decide against it. I don’t know when I got this mindset about caring about resale value. Help!!! I am becoming my parents!

Reactions: Nexolaris