1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
hey

im thinkin of tryin it for studyin
heard its very benificial

i may have add/adhd but who knows!

anyone tried it ... without knowing whether they have add/adhd?

:)

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Hey, guys, I just got back from a quick turnaround to Bogata'.

I ... erm ... excuse me, I have to go shit some balloons.

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
Supposedly it works like amphetamines on adults and barbituates on children. How in the fuck I don't know.

The subject gets me going though because 90% of chidren prescribed ritalin for adhd are male. Some might draw the conclusion that this is appropriate because 'boys are wild'. I don't. I conclude that our school system is failing boys terribly. The deck is stacked against them.

GoneA

Sexy Member
Media
I had a Ritalin pellet burst in my stomache, before. Rushed to the hospital, emergency surgery, yadda yadda yadda, whatev. Guess that's the only suckie part about being a drug mule. But don't let that stop you...there's loads of money to be made.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
ihaventtrieditbutireallyshould :freak:

"I don't rhyme for the sake of ritalin" - Chuck D

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have never had it prescribed to me, so I have never used it.

<Bart Simpson, to the tune of Popeye the Sailor&#39;s theme song>
"...I stops all my fiddlin&#39;, &#39;cause I takes me Ritalin... I&#39;m poppin&#39; and sailin&#39;, man&#33;"

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I just read an article about a study in the paper last week that says that a lot of those ADD/ADHD drugs are causing suicidal tendencies in people. Personally, I&#39;d stear clear of them.....

GoneA

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by TexAssgirl@Oct 23 2005, 12:25 AM
I just read an article about a study in the paper last week that says that a lot of those ADD/ADHD drugs are causing suicidal tendencies in people. Personally, I&#39;d stear clear of them.....
[post=354330]Quoted post[/post]​

Oh fiddle faddle...I suppose next you&#39;ll be saying: driving without your seatbelt AND consuming Clorox are dangerous.

Pissstt.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by GoneA@Oct 22 2005, 08:30 PM
Oh fiddle faddle...I suppose next you&#39;ll be saying: driving without your seatbelt AND consuming Clorox are dangerous.
Pissstt.
[post=354331]Quoted post[/post]​
I guess I&#39;m safe, I just drive with the Clorox and consume the seatbelt.

TAG, I thought about putting in a few quotes from the PDR regarding Ritalin, but thought better of it. It can have some odd adverse reactions, and of course, it is a CNS stimulant... not good for the cardio-vascular system.

GoneA

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by TexAssgirl@Oct 23 2005, 12:48 AM
Naw, I hear that it&#39;s only bad when you do them at the same time.
[post=354342]Quoted post[/post]​

Well, of course that&#39;s different. Shameful to even mention them.

steve319

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Originally posted by hungboy+Oct 20 2005, 02:45 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hungboy &#064; Oct 20 2005, 02:45 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>i may have add/adhd but who knows&#33;
[/b]

If you&#39;re concerned, I&#39;d recommend getting diagnosed, and NOT by your general physician but by an expert in the field, either a diagnostic educational psychiatrist or other professional who specializes in the diagnosis at treatment of this disorder. You can look in the yellow pages for psychiatrists who specialize in these areas.

These meds are entirely overprescribed by health care professionals who don&#39;t know what they are doing. For some, the meds are very effective, but there are other techniques and methods you could try as well. There is no real "quick fix," including Ritalin.

Although it isn&#39;t technically considered a learning disability (at least today ;) ), there&#39;s some good information about add/adhd at LD Online. It&#39;s worth checking out, I think.

<!--QuoteBegin-hungboy
@Oct 20 2005, 02:45 PM
anyone tried it ... without knowing whether they have add/adhd?
[/quote]
Not a good idea to "try out" these meds without professional guidance, observation, and diagnosis. There certainly are side effects, plus the fact that they tend to have traditional amphetamine-type effects on those who do not truly have one of these disorders. Not something to consider lightly (plus illegal, you know).

Good luck with this, hungboy&#33;