Anyone Find Graham Norton Hot?

arthurdent

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
All this pedantic nomenclature has made me look it up in my Collins English Dictionary (Millennium Edition) and the original post seems to be correct, as it refers to Britain rather than Great Britain. In any case, the show is recorded in London, so Graham is in London and England and Britain and Great Britain and the United Kingdom simultaneously! Not that any of this has anything to do with him being hot or not.

Britain n another name for Great Britain or the United Kingdom.

Great Britain n England, Wales, and Scotland including those adjacent islands governed from the mainland (i.e. excluding the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands). The United Kingdom of Great Britain was formed by the Act of Union (1707), although the term Great Britain had been in use since 1603, when James VI of Scotland became James I of England (including Wales). Later unions created the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland (1801) and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (1921).

United Kingdom n a kingdom of NW Europe, consisting chiefly of the island of Great Britain together with Northern Ireland. It became the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland in 1921, after the rest of Ireland became autonomous as the Irish Free State.

Last edited:

arthurdent

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Or as Mrs Merton would say ... Does anyone find multi-millionaire tv presenter Graham Norton hot ?

you know I trhink he's got something LOL

What a wit Mrs Merton was. That was such a great opening gambit to Debbie. Tee hee. :biggrin1:

FitLad

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
All this pedantic nomenclature has made me look it up in my Collins English Dictionary (Millennium Edition) and the original post seems to be correct, as it refers to Britain rather than Great Britain. In any case, the show is recorded in London, so Graham is in London and England and Britain and Great Britain and the United Kingdom simultaneously! Not that any of this has anything to do with him being hot or not.

The show is recorded by the BBC hence anything to do with the BBC or the goverment you have to use the term UK.

arktrucker

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Damnit, enough with the UK and Britain and England and who's on first... Graham Norton is the subject.

I don't think he's hot at all. I do enjoy watching his show on BBC America. Even then it's censored because our government, the US, America or the Colonies.. whatever you Brits call us, is affraid we may hear an offensive word. I find him entertaining as I do most British television. Couples for one. It was tried here several years ago but, again it was too racy for our big brother government to allow.

Gl3nn

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
He's not hot, but I do think he's very funny....sometimes.
Or he isn't funny at all OR he's hilarious. But never in between.
His last series weren't as good as the ones before that.

But I do watch every show and I enjoy the satire.

RobinSF

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think he is attractive, and shows a bit of a bulge. I'd probably try, but I'm sure it would end up an embarrassing lesbian type scene. But we could dish over cocktails afterward.

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The show is recorded by the BBC hence anything to do with the BBC or the goverment you have to use the term UK.

All I can say to that is, "Bollocks!"

If you want to be really pedantic about it, you can refer to anything connected to the UK or Ireland as British as they're located in the British Isles.

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
If you're British (a citizen of the UK since the late 70s, though I can remember being a Subject of Her Brittanic Majesty before there was such a thing as UK citizenship) you might refer to the British Isles which are the island of Great Britain and the island of Ireland, plus a quite a few small ones (Isle of Man, Western Isles, the Hebrides, etc).

However, citizens of the Republic of Ireland do not use the term British Isles, and it does not appear on their maps or in their atlases.

When the british use the word "America" they mean the USA. But in Spain, America refers to countries of the continent of South America and "America del Norte" means the USA.

To a brit, Northern America means the USA and Canada. North America though includes Mexico. And "The Americas" means the two continents of North America and South America.

But most of the time we know what we mean.

Oh, nearly forgot! No, I don't think Graham Norton is hot. And although I found his show funny at first, I went off it quite rapidly mainly because his humour mostly consists of demeaning other people.

Last edited:

arktrucker

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
If you're British (a citizen of the UK since the late 70s, though I can remember being a Subject of Her Brittanic Majesty before there was such a thing as UK citizenship) you might refer to the British Isles which are the island of Great Britain and the island of Ireland, plus a quite a few small ones (Isle of Man, Western Isles, the Hebrides, etc).

However, citizens of the Republic of Ireland do not use the term British Isles, and it does not appear on their maps or in their atlases.

When the british use the word "America" they mean the USA. But in Spain, America refers to countries of the continent of South America and "America del Norte" means the USA.

To a brit, Northern America means the USA and Canada. North America though includes Mexico. And "The Americas" means the two continents of North America and South America.

But most of the time we know what we mean.

Oh, nearly forgot! No, I don't think Graham Norton is hot. And although I found his show funny at first, I went off it quite rapidly mainly because his humour mostly consists of demeaning other people.

I don't mean to whip a dead horse but, isn't the point of everyone understanding what you say the point. If you/we know what you mean, what about the person/people you are trying to reach/educate.