Anyone got any legitimate home business ideas?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_jytfuyg, Jan 7, 2011.

1. D_jytfuyg

D_jytfuyg New Member

Ok this spinal issue is getting worse. doesnt appear like ill be getting back to work anytime soon. Think i should start thinking about a home business.

Problem is you need money to make money. so this will be slow and painful. Disabiltiy income sucks.

What is your experience and success with any. Legitimate only please.

Thanks

2. COMountainGuy

COMountainGuy Member

Very tough time to be starting a new business. Very tough indeed. People are squeezing pennies....

Old pennies are worth at least 1.5 cents now. I need to separate mine....hehe.

3. Riven650

Gold Member

Albums:
    There's never been a better time to work from home. You're obviously computer/internet savvy so you're half way there already. Now you need a product or service and then it's up to you to present it in the right way and follow up with good service and customer support. I know that could sound glib, and these are tough times, but I honestly think you can do it if you try hard enough whatever the financial climate.

Choose a product or service that you really know about rather than following anyone else's tip.

There you are: How was that for a good tip?

4. nudeyorker

Gold Member

A friend of mine was in the same situation and started by working from home as a "Bill Collector" she parlayed her commissions into an online business.

5. SpeedoMike

Gold Member

make a list of your assets and liabilities like works well with people, good with bookkeeping and accounting, mechanical abilities, etc.

home-based business doesn't mean you have to stay in the house. it is your home base if you do things out in the community.

I once developed a quasi-bookkeeping system using a relational database which allowed me to keep track of customers' bills and statements and pay them on time. customers were busy medium and upper income people who didn't didn't have time or didn't want to handle personal finances. candidates were doctors, businesspersons, spouses who didn't trust the other to handle the family finances, elderly or ill persons, etc. a friendly banker could be of help in identifying potential clients.

check into what licenses you need for your business. if you are dealing with other people's money, bonding may be necessary.

set up a business plan for whatever business you consider. books and computer programs are available on the subject. you don't want to start a business which can't succeed.

Draft saved Draft deleted