Anyone had a partial circumcision?

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by Endued, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Endued

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Spoke to a urologist about an issue that I've had with my willy, in that there are two rings on the foreskin that are tighter and tougher than normal, and he mentions that a circumcision would be the best option. I'm reluctant to have too drastic a change to the downstairs department, so I asked if a partial circumcision was an option and he said that was fine.

But now I've seen conflicting on what a partial circumcision is. Some say it just means a lot of skin is left, but other say it is a slit and a loosening rather than a removal of skin. I just want to the damaged skin removed so ut moves more freely again. That's doable, right?

And it doesn't seem as common as a normal one, has anyone here had it done? Any reason to go for a full? I'd sooner not I think but if it makes sense then it makes sense.

2. vindicator

vindicator Member

Albums:
    Looking at your pics, there doesnt seem to be much of a problem. Is it something that has happened recently or you've always had it?

A partial might be the worst of both; a short foreskin that may or may not cover your head when soft, and none of the functional, hygenic or appearence benefits of being circumcised. If you're going to have to get it done, just make sure to keep as much of the sensitive inner foreskin and frenulum as possible. This is what is directly stimulated by masterbation, oral and sex after circumcision and filled with nerves so it's important to keep as much as possible instead of shaft skin.

3. MsThang

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    South Florida (recently relocated from NYC)
    Verified:
    Photo
    I am very interested in this topic. Are there any pictures of what a partial circumcision looks like?

4. MattBrick

MattBrick Member

Albums:
    A friend of mine had a partial circumcision. This guy seriously ought to be on this site incedentally. From what I can tell, it was a notch taken out from the underside. He had this done when he was a teenager.

Your penis looks perfectly normal though Endued. I am not an anti-circumcision activist, but I believe in leaving well enough alone.

The first thing I would try, is stretching and lubrication. You can find information about this on this forum, or ask some members to help you.

Next think about the difference in the way your penis works is now, from what it was before. Is there a difference? Can you verbalize that difference for us? Are there negative aspects to that difference. What are they?
    I know you mentioned two rings of skin that are rougher and tighter than normal. Could this be something that always was and you are just now percieving though? Are you comparing to your former baseline, or does "normal" mean something else in this statement, like what you percieve is normal for other men?
    Talking through this with a counselor, or sex therapist might be worth it (since the doctor has very limited time, and moves from hello to diagnosis, to perscribed treatment in about 60 seconds.)
    They might be able to give you more insight on the problem and whether you need the surgery or possibly resolve the problem another way with you.

Finally, if you determine to have the surgery, get a second opinion before you do. If you have it done, go to a surgeon, who is willing to show and explain what is to be done with you well in advance.
    You should be able to state your preference with him - for example that you would prefer the v-shaped notch from the underside. Keep in mind, that if you trim a "ring" off the end your foreskin may not close around the glans, since this is where the ring of muscle is. (This is the case for many men who are circumcised but have some remaining skin, like myself.) The notch procedure will similarly take away from that ring of muscle which holds closed the foreskin, but to a lesser extent.

Above all, go with your instinct, and work with doctors you trust.

5. B_thickjohnny

B_thickjohnny New Member

My ex got what I thought might classify as a partial cut. He had a very tight and short foreskin that bled every time he masturbated or even had rough sex. He had no banjo sting it seemed. The doc cut away only that underpart that was permanently attached to the glans. His foreskin still covers the glans but freely moves back and forth now. He can also keep it back if he wants.

6. SirConcis

Gold Member

Albums:
    I had a partial circumcision. (so I fit the title perfectly). You don't want more than half of head to be exposed, because when they cut more, you end up with a fully exposed glans with lots of skin bunched up at rim most of the time, and partial coverage when truly soft in underwear.

When you have 3/4 of head covered, then it acts as a foreksin which then retracts automatically during onset of erection.

If you choose that, ask your doctor to bandage the penis with foreksin fully retracted. And once bandage is off, make sure you retract foreksin as often as possible during healing period.

If you let it heal with scar over head, you will get a phimosis atr first until the scar has fully healed and gained elasticity (this takes many weeks).

But once it is healed, it works fine. Not easy to get the perfect cosmetic outlook though.

I didn't choose to go for a full circ because I disliked being semi-cut, I chose it because I prefered the look of full cut and wanted it.

With semi cut, masturbation is like uncut, except you have to pull the skin up instead of slide it up. But you can jerk it down tight (great). and when you cum, the foreksin doesn't obstruct the piss slit anymore, so you squirt farther.

You still get smells, but you'll rarely get smegma if ever. (ever erection forces the foreksin to rertract, and as you piss, because foreksin never covers piss slit, no urine gets trapped under foreksin.

7. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    A guy I was with opted for a partial circ due to his having phimosis.
    He chose to have dorsal slit created by surgery, basically just one cut vertically down his foreskin so that it opened a bit like a tulip. I thought that this would look ridiculous but once it healed it worked like a charm. The foreskin didn't flap back like a page, as I had expected, but rolled back as it was intended to. Choosing this route means you keep your foreskin length so your regular coverage doesn't change (no having to adjust to the head constantly rubbing on everything), your frenulum remains intact and functioning happily & a 1" cut is much less drastic than a cut that will encircle the whole shaft.

#7 Gillette, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  8. Uncutsouthernboy

Uncutsouthernboy Well-Known Member

Albums:
    My cousin had the dorsal slit. His dick don't look any different just to casually look at it. He says that it works great and no change in sensitivity. If you get the slit it avoids that ugly scar around your dick, you won't lose any feeling in the glans, nor have to deal with an extreme difference in appearance. The healing is much easier and shorter. If you have to do something go the least invasive route.

9. Endued

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Ok, in response to a few things.

My pictures aren't very current and it's hard to see anything wrong with it anyway, but this is the issue. The rings go about 90% of the way around and stop the foreskin from moving comfortably/freely over the edge of the glans during masturbation. It's at its most restrictive upon climax when the head is fully uncovered (pretty much as in the pic). GU guy saw it and recommended circumcision, I asked if a partial one was doable and he said yes, as I only really want rid of the skin that's restricting things.

As for stretching, is that an option, assuming it's scar tissue?

And I'd like to see pictures too, Google image search doesn't seem to return anything for how it looks fully healed.

Also, I had what I think was the dorsal slit when I was young (like six or seven maybe) as things were tight back then and seem to have recurred now. Don't think that's really relevant to my situation now.

So in summary, partial circumcision seems like the best option to me, but I don't really know much about the alternatives.

10. SirConcis

Gold Member

Albums:
    Dorsal slit may work for "natural" phimosis (never freed up since childhood). But for acquired phimosis (aka: foreskin tightening up as adult), there is a portion of foreskin with deffective skin. dorsal slit may loosen the skin, but the deffective skin remains and will tighten up again.

You need to discuss with urologist exactly how much skin needs to be removed. Beyond a certain amount, you are better off getting a full circumcision because your remaining foreksin will end up bunched up at the rim and going to/fro in your underwear.

11. eurotop40

Gold Member

Doesn't a dorsal slit produce a weird scar?

12. noypi

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Got mine done when i was a kid and don't think scarring is weird.

13. Stud_Fockley

Stud_Fockley New Member

Interesting as I've got a similar problem now. Lost some weight and now something that happened like twice in my life has become a weekly thing, that being painful tearing of the foreskin.

Methinks a doctor's appointment is needed...

14. MattBrick

MattBrick Member

Albums:
    Do what you think is best for you in consultation with your doctor.
    In the end, lots of us have circumcised penises, and have a lot of fun with them.

Yes though, I think stretching is an option for you.
    Scar tissue can be stretched. There is scar tissue all over your body.
    One type occurs at the dark band on a circumcised man's shaft marking the circumcision line. Believe it or now, some foreskin restoration enthusiasts, strech this skin to acheive coverage of their glans. So yes, it is possible. If the skin there has become very tough, it may take longer.

I reccomend that you look into all your options, and exhaust the non surgical options before seeking to remedy the situation by that route.
    One thing to keep in mind, is that even if you have the partial circumcision. There is no guarantee that the problem might not return again later on what would then be the end rings. I wish you good health, and success in this process.

15. SirConcis

Gold Member

Albums:
    MattBrock, circumcision scar is quite different from phimotic scar tissue.

Phimotic scar tissue in within the skin and greatly reduces the skin's elasticity, and this is not a "surgical" result but more of a metablisim issue where manipulation of foreskin causes extra tears in the skin which heal poorly. This is not a problem that can be solved. Stretchbing it will cause more tears and cause it to shrink some more the second you stop stretching.

16. hung15us

hung15us Member

Albums:
    Go for a tight cir. and you will love it.

17. maxcok

Gold Member

18. MattBrick

MattBrick Member

Albums:
    I'm MattBrick, and I'm not sure you are correct about this SirConcis.
    I will leave you to explain about metablisim issues though.

In the end, Endued, your foreskin has a ring of muscle at its end where it fold back toward the body. (This cannot be restored by stretching, so even very dedicated foreskin restoration enthusiasts will not have a foreskin that functions exactly like one that had never been cut.) A simple notch taken out of this end ring will keep the foreskin from closing over the tip of your penis, and would probably solve your problem. The slit procedure is more common however, because it is considered better for foreskin retraction.

All that I mean to say though, is explore all your options before thinking about surgery. If in the end it looks like surgery is going to be best for you, explain to your doctor that you would like the smallest amount of cutting possible, or seek out a doctor who understands your perspective, and has experience with this kind of partial circumcision.

Learn about the stretching, and try it. It may work for you, and if it does, it is free and painless - and you don't lose a milimeter of your penis doing it. It can't guarantee that it will be the best option for you, but I can promise you that, no your foreskin will not "shrink some more the second you stop stretching".

Stretching, may be a process you work through more than once.
    Also, in some programs, oils and moisturizing agents are used to soften the skin, and aid the natural gliding action.

If you need some help finding information on stretching, just let me know.
    I have been circumcised all my life, and this is not a problem I have had, so otherwise, I let those with first-hand experience do the explaining.

I think your question is an important one to ask on this forum. Thank-you for making your post. As you read through the responses, keep in mind though that any question like this tends to bring out the circumcision nuts on either side of the issue, and their answers need to be viewed in perspective. I wish you good health, and success finding a solution to this!

19. XSILVER

XSILVER Well-Known Member

Albums:
  20. arki

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I want to get cut too... so i made a research about it...
    theres a site where u can see everything... styles and pics
    Adult Circumcision Styles hope it works for u.

Draft saved Draft deleted