Anyone happens to know an online support group/community for gay Muslims?

lopo2000

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The title says it all. Hope one of you guys stumbled upon any forum/support group/community space for gays who are Muslims. I googled but the results are very vogue.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
Well they likely would be vague Lopo, I have some experience of this, which if you want to know more I'll PM you about, but in many Islamic countires it's unsafe to use websites which talk openly or explicitly about homosexuality, that means the use of a hell of a lot euphemisms and awkward phrases. "Fun boys" is a common one, used for "homosexuals" but they change a lot in order to prevent morality police in some countries from working out what's being talked about.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
In Afghanistan and Pakistan, behaviors which we in the west consider 'gay' are normal for men, and the women are reduced to being used only for breeding purposes. Hence they would not call themselves gay Muslims. It has to do with changing the definition.

Try a search for Pathan sexuality, and look into traditional Persian mystic poetry, where the Beloved is typically a young male.

Finding an actual 'support group' might be hard.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
Most of the groups you will find which are open about what they're doing are based in Europe or America, so if your looking for a resource which connects you to Gay Muslims in those parts of the world you will find plenty of stuff out there.

lopo2000

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Most of the groups you will find which are open about what they're doing are based in Europe or America, so if your looking for a resource which connects you to Gay Muslims in those parts of the world you will find plenty of stuff out there.

I found one, but I have a problem in registering, and it's based in the UK. Anyways, I'd greatly appreciate it if you could PM me with it? Thank you very very much!

I can't really help you with an forum or group, but you might be interested in this movie if you haven't seen it already.
A JIHAD FOR LOVE:::A FIlm by Parvez Sharma

I heard about it, and I heard it's nice too. But I haven't watched it.

In Afghanistan and Pakistan, behaviors which we in the west consider 'gay' are normal for men, and the women are reduced to being used only for breeding purposes. Hence they would not call themselves gay Muslims. It has to do with changing the definition.

Try a search for Pathan sexuality, and look into traditional Persian mystic poetry, where the Beloved is typically a young male.

Perhaps it's the reason why. Sometimes they call themselves SSA (same sex attracted) people. I'll try it. Thanks!

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Oh Lopo, I can`t even imagine what`s it`s like being openly gay in such circumstances. I`m not a muslim, but if you have any questions or any problems you need help with, just ask.

lopo2000

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Oh Lopo, I can`t even imagine what`s it`s like being openly gay in such circumstances. I`m not a muslim, but if you have any questions or any problems you need help with, just ask.

You mean in a forum like that? But for me, it's better to be openly gay there, while noone knows who you really are, but we have the freedom to talk about how life is like to be a gay and Muslim in the same time. Talking to the same people who are going through the same thing with me can help me a lot.

Thanks for your offer. I will surely shoot a question if I have one. :redface:

Try these- there are several groups mentioned on these sites

GAY & LESBIAN ARAB SOCIETY

Gay and lesbian Arabs

Queer Muslims Home Page

This one looks good. queerjihad

Thanks to both of you!!

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

I should have said Baluchi sexuality. Wrong tribe. The ones who speak Pashto and Dari, mainly.

adequate

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I can't offer any help here. I"m not worldly. I do wish to mention that after browsing through the many sites offered by LPSG I know this place is awsome.
Case in point: this thread !

Thanks LPSG for being here.
I've only been a member less than two weeks. I have no measurable qualifications to be here ( chuckles ) . Thanks for having me, and best wishes to you Lopo2000

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
Well, there are ... but they soon find themselves well hanged.
Lopo can be glad he isn't Iranian.

Or Saudi Arabian, Mauritanian, Sudanese, Yemeni, or Northern Nigerian, mind you being from the U.A.E., Bahrain, Qatar, Algeria, Bangladesh, Brunei, Djibouti, Pakistan etc might not be much fun either if you're gay, and lets not even get in to how you can be murdered in the street in front of your friends and neighbours in Iraq since the downfall of Saddam Hussein by death squads pretending to be enforcing Islamic morality.

Last edited:

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Well, there are ... but they soon find themselves well hanged.
Lopo can be glad he isn't Iranian.

Not sure being Malay is that much better. Aren't they required to be Muslim by law while Chinese, Indians, European expats, et cetera in Malaysia can be whatever they want... subjecting them to Sharia law while non-Malay non-Muslims aren't subjected to it?

lopo2000

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Don't know of any gay Muslim sites, but I do know of one for black French Jewish Lesbians if you're interested.

Thanks but not really what I'm looking for. :)

Not sure being Malay is that much better. Aren't they required to be Muslim by law while Chinese, Indians, European expats, et cetera in Malaysia can be whatever they want... subjecting them to Sharia law while non-Malay non-Muslims aren't subjected to it?

Well, it kinda is like that, except, they can actually choose their own religion when they're in their majority age. But conversion from Islam is another issue, and it's illegal, since in Islam itself apostasy is considered a severe crime.