Anyone have Musical Talent?

thatjiggro: I know this doesn't seem relevant, but I've noticed that many a people with musical talents are talented elsewhere as well....I may be wrong...but I was just curious how it all added up... :D

As for me, I sing and play piano a little bit...anyone else do somethin'?

Ralexx

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I play the piano (concerts till I was 14). I compose too.

I used to play Pan's flute, a traditional instrument here, but now... I prefer others playing and me just listening.

I don't sing... I think I would pay some 25.000 $ for the broken glass in the buildings around. :eek:

prepstudinsc: Classically trained performer here....piano, organ, carillon and voice. I did it full time for a while right out of college, but I switched careers a few years ago because I wasn't enjoying the music anymore--pure burnout. These days, it makes a nice source of side income for me, and gives me a chance to travel all over at someone else's expense, so I get to play and walk away with a check.

sammygirly: I am a brass player...bugle, flugle, trumpet, french horn.

This one time...at band camp...

trewqed: i have a music degree, play piano and now a music teacher. sounds like a good thoery.

Solis24: Well, we all seem to be musically gifted to various degrees in my family. I started piano when I was 10 and completed 3 years in one. I did violin the following year although I've forgotten all fo it. I continued playing piano at home during my teen years, eventually learned saxophone and even studied it in college and had piano as a second instrument. I sing tenor in a choir, we just finished Mozart's Requiem. I'm actually more of a baritone but you usually don't have that in a mixed choir usually.
That's me (;

It's really nice to see how many of us have some musical talent!

rainfletcher: Full ride to Berklee school of music in Boston. Played most instruments at one time or another.

Rayolin: I can play just about any wind instrument reasonably well but I love to play the tenor sax. I've also been playin piano since i was 9 and i taught myself guitar about a year ago. also been in numerous musical reviews, plays... you name it.

two_fister: I've "sang" in two bands....I put it in quotations because they both were rock bands so it was kind of a mix of singing and yelling, more attitude than anything, I also play bass a bit.
But now I focus more on eletronic type music, I have a few drum machines, a sampler, and some turntables, and since I work nights I spend most of my days fooling around with 'em.

bobcubed404: I'm new to the group and this looks like a great thread to say "Hello" for the first time.

I studied trombone and noodled around on an old Harmony acoustic guitar as a teenager. The action was so high on the Harmony that I gave up. Gave up the trombone and started playing guitar again in my early 20's after I learned that the strings weren't supposed to be a quarter inch off the fretboard. :) Still play acoustic and electric for my family and friends.

I attempt (no better way of describing it) to play the mandolin, and I can play fairly well on the ukulele as well. Been playing the uke quite a bit lately as a matter of fact. Had a bad day at work? Strum the uke, you'll get a smile on your face and feel better.

Bob

TaMarquis: I can sing, but nothing serious or professional...

Finedessert: When I was in my early teens I was a soprano in the Church Choir...but when my voice changed I took up playing the Skin Flute.

Grandpa

rainfletcher: Great idea on the group gathering, AnonyMs....

Maybe for the cover of the calendar, we could all line up like a chorus line! Kick our heels up and all that!! :)

Can you imagine how much money we could all make off of that??? :eek:

blo-gasm: I *can* sing, that is physically.. On a talent level, my singing sucks horrible ass....

But I did do years of piano and are pretty damn good if i do say so myself...

sammygirly: LOL, I love the calendar cover idea as well as a Mr. LPSG....and for those of you partial to tiaras - hell, we could have a "Ms" LPSG too...

rainfletcher: After thinking about this thread for a minute, I remembered a website I'd seen parodied somewhere. Took me a minute find it, but this is THE definitive (yeah right!) list of rock-star penis sizes and in-the-sack talents. If this is any judge, then there is definately a corollary between large dick size and musical talent....

http://www.metal-sludge.com/LongShort.htm

Of course, there's always the chance that groupies can't count to 6 any better than any other woman (somehow they end up directly at 8 or 9...:))

And there's always the chance that these 'musicians' have no talent, in which case maybe someone can make a case for the opposite...

Or maybe I've just confused myself so thoroughly that I need to go pound some Dramamine (isn't that for sea-sickness???) :'(