Anyone have Musical Talent?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Imported, May 1, 2003.

1. Imported

Gold Member

thatjiggro: I know this doesn't seem relevant, but I've noticed that many a people with musical talents are talented elsewhere as well....I may be wrong...but I was just curious how it all added up... :D

As for me, I sing and play piano a little bit...anyone else do somethin'?

2. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

I sing (bass-baritone), play classical and flamenco guitar and flute.

3. Ralexx

Ralexx Well-Known Member

Albums:
    I play the piano (concerts till I was 14). I compose too.

I used to play Pan's flute, a traditional instrument here, but now... I prefer others playing and me just listening.

I don't sing... I think I would pay some 25.000 $ for the broken glass in the buildings around. :eek:

4. Imported

Gold Member

prepstudinsc: Classically trained performer here....piano, organ, carillon and voice. I did it full time for a while right out of college, but I switched careers a few years ago because I wasn't enjoying the music anymore--pure burnout. These days, it makes a nice source of side income for me, and gives me a chance to travel all over at someone else's expense, so I get to play and walk away with a check.

5. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

I sing bass-baritone (tenor when I sit on my balls).

I am also an accomplished stereo/hi fi player.

Pecker

6. Imported

Gold Member

sammygirly: I am a brass player...bugle, flugle, trumpet, french horn.

This one time...at band camp...

7. Imported

Gold Member

trewqed: i have a music degree, play piano and now a music teacher. sounds like a good thoery.

8. Imported

Gold Member

Solis24: Well, we all seem to be musically gifted to various degrees in my family. I started piano when I was 10 and completed 3 years in one. I did violin the following year although I've forgotten all fo it. I continued playing piano at home during my teen years, eventually learned saxophone and even studied it in college and had piano as a second instrument. I sing tenor in a choir, we just finished Mozart's Requiem. I'm actually more of a baritone but you usually don't have that in a mixed choir usually.
    That's me (;

It's really nice to see how many of us have some musical talent!

9. Imported

Gold Member

rainfletcher: Full ride to Berklee school of music in Boston. Played most instruments at one time or another.

10. Imported

Gold Member

Rayolin: I can play just about any wind instrument reasonably well but I love to play the tenor sax. I've also been playin piano since i was 9 and i taught myself guitar about a year ago. also been in numerous musical reviews, plays... you name it.

11. Imported

Gold Member

two_fister: I've "sang" in two bands....I put it in quotations because they both were rock bands so it was kind of a mix of singing and yelling, more attitude than anything, I also play bass a bit.
    But now I focus more on eletronic type music, I have a few drum machines, a sampler, and some turntables, and since I work nights I spend most of my days fooling around with 'em.

12. Imported

Gold Member

bobcubed404: I'm new to the group and this looks like a great thread to say "Hello" for the first time.

I studied trombone and noodled around on an old Harmony acoustic guitar as a teenager. The action was so high on the Harmony that I gave up. Gave up the trombone and started playing guitar again in my early 20's after I learned that the strings weren't supposed to be a quarter inch off the fretboard. :) Still play acoustic and electric for my family and friends.

I attempt (no better way of describing it) to play the mandolin, and I can play fairly well on the ukulele as well. Been playing the uke quite a bit lately as a matter of fact. Had a bad day at work? Strum the uke, you'll get a smile on your face and feel better.

Bob

13. Imported

Gold Member

TaMarquis: I can sing, but nothing serious or professional...

14. Imported

Gold Member

15. Imported

Gold Member

Finedessert: When I was in my early teens I was a soprano in the Church Choir...but when my voice changed I took up playing the Skin Flute.

Grandpa

16. Imported

Gold Member

rainfletcher: Great idea on the group gathering, AnonyMs....

Maybe for the cover of the calendar, we could all line up like a chorus line! Kick our heels up and all that!! :)

Can you imagine how much money we could all make off of that??? :eek:

17. Imported

Gold Member

blo-gasm: I *can* sing, that is physically.. On a talent level, my singing sucks horrible ass....

But I did do years of piano and are pretty damn good if i do say so myself...

18. Imported

Gold Member

sammygirly: LOL, I love the calendar cover idea as well as a Mr. LPSG....and for those of you partial to tiaras - hell, we could have a "Ms" LPSG too...

19. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Has anybody besides me noticed that there are no accordian players here?

THANK GOD!

Pecker

20. Imported

Gold Member

rainfletcher: After thinking about this thread for a minute, I remembered a website I'd seen parodied somewhere. Took me a minute find it, but this is THE definitive (yeah right!) list of rock-star penis sizes and in-the-sack talents. If this is any judge, then there is definately a corollary between large dick size and musical talent....

http://www.metal-sludge.com/LongShort.htm

Of course, there's always the chance that groupies can't count to 6 any better than any other woman (somehow they end up directly at 8 or 9...:))

And there's always the chance that these 'musicians' have no talent, in which case maybe someone can make a case for the opposite...

Or maybe I've just confused myself so thoroughly that I need to go pound some Dramamine (isn't that for sea-sickness???) :'(

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice