Anyone heard of Oz soapie actress Kate Ritchie?

LeahCat: Not exactly a 'well-hung' kind of thread, sorry. I was just curious to see if anyone in Australia or overseas had heard about Kate Ritchie the Aussie soapie actress. She was 'alleged' to have been in a home made sex tape but friends actually named the real person in the tape and wondered if that info had filtered out, especially to the UK?

hung_big: Sorry, Never heard of her at all. Is she overly popular down in the UK/Austrailia? Is it just me or do soap stars seem to always be uber sexy!

7x5.5: I haven't heard of her, I would probabaly recognise her if I saw her though. What soapie(s) does she appear in?

db03

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Doesn't she play sally in "home and away"??

Shes austraila's longest running soap actress.

Dunno if i'd want to see a sex tape of her to be honest!!!!

LeahCat: Yes, she plays 'Sally' in the crappy but very popular soapie 'Home and Away'. I only mentioned it as I knew there were quite a few UK folk on the board and they do seem to love their Aussie soaps.

Actually, the whole point was regarding her alleged sex tape. Its caused a huge furore in certain circles and much embarrassment, denials, etc etc . Then a couple of friends from the UK said it wasn't actually her but was in fact an Aussie girl who'd been working over in England for a couple of years - worked part-time at the same firm as one of my friends. Just was curious as to whether others knew of the same story and if it was the same person who'd been mentioned to me.

English Rose: We saw that supposed home video as well and knew straight away it wasn't that Kate
Ritchie girl. I am not sure who you heard it to be but we know for a certainty that the girl in the tape was actually an Australian girl working over here for a couple of years - she used to do some pub work at our local- by the name of

Jemima Bowen.

Quite plain looking, bit chubby and always seemed like a bit of a scrubber. Came over with another girl, much better looking I recall, and a bit desperate for attention from the lads. Wouldn't surprise me at all if she'd done that tape to accomodate one of them, which is pretty sad. A bit of a laughing stock around here now but she's back in the land of Oz I believe, working at a University or some such place so at least she wont have to deal with the repurcussions.

Is that who you heard it was?

LeahCat: Yep, Jemima Bowen, that's the girl I was told was in the tape. Although, I was told she did the vid for money, not just as fun. Can't believe you'd be so dumb to do something like that here in Australia. Its just too small a place, so someone only has to look at the video, realise its her, then all hell breaks loose and that Uni she works out wont be too impressed. Course it might be a bit of Karma for letting Kate Ritchie take the blame.

Oh well, bit of local gossip over...