anyone here have a family member that makes them angry EVERY time they talk?

D_N Flay Table

Experimental Member
Media
It seems EVERY time I see my mother, or talk to her, she enrages me in some way..

example:

Today my Mother asked me to drive her to spend the day with her sister about 30 miles away..
Fine..
My Mom cannot drive herself anywhere because she suffers from 'panic attacks' when she drives any further than about 5 miles from her house.

So I went to pick her up tonight, and she started barking at me about how to get her back to her house. "I don't like you being in this lane" "make a U turn. NOW!!!!" "why are you in this lane? I hate this lane!" "to fast!" "To slow"
and so on.....

So I turn to her and say. "for someone that cannot drive anywhere you sure have to tell everyone else how to drive"

she gasped and was silent for the rest of the ride.. I was just sitting there steaming...

Anyone else have a relationship like that?

;..... urge to kill rising! RISING!!!!
ahHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: SassySpy

SassySpy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
YES. With my mother. Hence, I live 1500 miles from her. Yet she can still make me feel an inch tall on the phone... I never do anything right, constant worry and disappointment to her, etc etc ad nauseum. She swore she would never be like my grandma- her mom- she is JUST like her.
God help me.:eek:

D_N Flay Table

Experimental Member
Media
YES. With my mother. Hence, I live 1500 miles from her. Yet she can still make me feel an inch tall on the phone... I never do anything right, constant worry and disappointment to her, etc etc ad nauseum. She swore she would never be like my grandma- her mom- she is JUST like her.

I think your mom and my mom should get together and have tea.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
PLEASE!!!!!! Can mine join the party? Please? Pretty PLEASE?

Nearly 3,000 miles away, and I see the caller ID, and cringe. After a call, I'll get asked by my friend, "You just got of the phone with Her, didn't you?" I'll ask her how she knows, and she'll say, "You're always foul after your She calls."

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I actually saw my mother in a shop once, she didn't see me so I quickly turned and walked out. Just because someone's your mother doesn't mean you have to like them.

YourAvgGuy

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
My wives siblings (in-laws). ALL of them! They are constantly asking for money or trying to get us involved in their affairs or the affairs of others. We don't live far from "home," but fortunately 2 hours seems to be a long travel time for them. Lucky us (ME!). They seldom visit. YAYYYYY!!!!

Can I send mine to join up with your families?

SassySpy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
why don't we all get together and buy them their own planet? no phone service allowed. :tongue:

oh I am an evil daughter. hahahahahahahaha:eek:

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I rarely meet eye to eye with my oldest sister ever since I was a kid. She is type 'A' and I'm a reformed type 'A' now a type 'B', ....maybe 'B-'. She married a type 'A' guy and I just shake my head a lot when I go over there. Every damn thing is a competition for her and it just grates on my nerves.

Remember Kevin Spacey's wife who was a real estate agent played by Annette Benning in American Beauty - yeah that's what she reminds me of. My blood pressure goes up 20 points after a visit there. All their kids turned out normal though. Go figure. Maybe it just skips a generation.

swordfishME

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
MY GRANDMOTHER.

Whoever said that grandmothers were sweet old women who baked cookies never met her. She is a total nightmare. She tries her best to manage and control my life even though I am here in the middle east and she is back home in texas. This woman actually calls my home and talks to the help to get a daily summary of my comings and goings so she can later grill me about my "un-satisfactory" lifestyle habbits.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
No, I don't have anyone like that in my family. My parents are cool and easy-going. My mother has a progressive long term illness and she never complains. When I ask "how are you" she always says "fine".

But my boss only opens his mouth to say something negative or yell at his employees.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Yah, my sister.

I spent decades trying to convince myself that because she was a sibling I necessarily had much in common with her. We just never really seemed to click. While its true that we share some life experiences it was only recently that I finally realized we really don't have the same values or temperament and that I shouldn't feel guilty about not wanting to be around her.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
So I went to pick her up tonight, and she started barking at me about how to get her back to her house. "I don't like you being in this lane" "make a U turn. NOW!!!!" "why are you in this lane? I hate this lane!" "to fast!" "To slow"
and so on.....

So I turn to her and say. "for someone that cannot drive anywhere you sure have to tell everyone else how to drive"
Next time, you calmly, but firmly tell her "Mom, if I agree to give you a ride, you have to promise you will behave. If you don't, you'll have to call a taxi the next time." Say it, mean it, and follow through.
Next time, calmly but firmly tell her "Mom, the very first time you say something negative to me, I am hanging up." Say it, mean it, and at the very first negative thing she says to you, hang up on her. She will eventually get the point.

Really, neither of you has to put up with that.

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am incredibly fortunate to be on good terms with all of my relatives and actually enjoy many of them, some of them very much. After I came out to my parents MANY years ago, my father got meddlesome and instrusive. I just explained him that the only relationship I was going to have with him was a pleasant one. It worked, they adjusted, and now are active advocates for gay/lesbian people. BTW they are in their eighties.
Dave