Anyone here having trouble accessing their OWN photos??

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by b.c., Dec 12, 2005.

1. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    Tried checking my photos today and got a message saying "...don't have permission to access" must be a gold member. Whaaat?? To manage my own pics? What gives?

2. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

Well, the gallery is finally restricted to Gold Memberships, I suppose. Heh. Yeah, I think it kinda sucks because, let's say, I wanted some of those old photos and now they're not recoverable. (I don't keep them on my PC.) I wonder if the admin will make an exception, but again, I don't know how hard software-wise it would be to implement such server commands.

3. B_duracock9x6

B_duracock9x6 New Member

been a member here for almost 18 months now i have pics on here that I can not access nor can I delete or recover I know when you post its understand your posting to this board but HELL its my cock and I want them back

4. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well, the way i discovered it was that i was about to upload 3 or 4 additional pics, but didn't recall which ones i already uploaded. Now i guess i won't even bother to.

5. mimosurfDutch

mimosurfDutch Member

Albums:
    It's too bad that they have to take others' photos that the owners uploaded on thier own, then charge money for viewing privlidges :mad:

6. rich-9.8

rich-9.8 New Member

They're photo's of your cock, that you took. I think that if you asked they would have to at least take them offline.

7. Rob_E

Staff Member Administrator

Guys,

This is temporary, you will have access to all of your photos very soon. I just have to make some adjustments to the software that runs the gallery. Please bear with me. I'm not here to rip you off.

Rob

8. well_endowed

well_endowed New Member

Why exactly should there be a pay-per-view gallery on a support site anyway?

9. Rob_E

Staff Member Administrator

Please bear in mind that:

1. I recently purchased this forum from Mark.
    2. I am trying to configure the site so that it works, and I have to learn how to configure photopost, as it is software that I haven't used in the past.
    3. It is my understanding that Mark was charging for Gold Memberships to view the Gallery. Please correct me if I'm getting this one wrong.

4. This forum uses a tremendous amount of resources, these resources cost money (particulary the hosting, uploading & downloading of images and videos), and it makes sense to me that members who use these features should help to pay for them. $6.00 per month seems cheap to me, I haven't raised the price, nor do I intend to.

The forum portion of this site is free for everyone, although I appreciate those who upgrade to Gold Membership to offset the costs of running the LPSG.

I would like to keep this an open dialogue, and appreciate your feedback.

Rob

10. B_caneadea

B_caneadea New Member

If everyone used the LPSG site for free(there is no advertising spam)there would be no LPSG.

I encourage all members who can possibly afford it, to contribute financially. Others are equally welcome here in most areas of the site.

I feel that all members should have been given the opportunity to retrieve their photos before the gallery was once again restricted.;)

11. springhere1888

springhere1888 New Member

Uh -- I've always been able to access the gallery and I'm not a gold member. Isn't that right? Unless this was something new that changed right before the site was sold...

Is there some sort of happy medium? Like perhaps making movies/vids premium member content... I think we all enjoy the gallery use as members, and as such, the morale of the board would probably be higher.

12. MYDEEPTHROAT

MYDEEPTHROAT Member

I always understood that non paying members were allowed a limited number of views in the gallery each day!! I hope that will not change!! It would really Suck if a non paying member who has posted his pics was not allowed to view, change or delete them!

13. D_Barbi_Queue

D_Barbi_Queue Account Disabled

It used to be the case that Members were allowed 5 views per 24 hour period. Gold Members had unlimited access and were able to upload videos. Plus they also had the Penis Parade which I don't think Members had access too.

If I remember correctly though, Mark was also talking about setting it up so that only Gold Members would view the gallery, period. Which, in theory, I would suppose that only Gold Members would be able to upload photos.

It seems fair to me. As Rob said, running a site costs money. It stands to reason that those that pay for membership should have some major advantages over those that don't.

Draft saved Draft deleted