Anyone here use LiveJournal?

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
?

I could use a pointer or two. I see bucketloads of "entries" there, but no actual entries. They're just these strange mutant TV Guide-type summaries of the entries. The little boxes for "Post a new comment" seems to work, but there's little point if I can't read the old comments. Weird-city, fer sure.

Is this one of those things you have to be younger than 12 to understand?

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well, I don't either.

Here's a screen grab. Note that these don't look much like actual messages, but are rather some sort of smartass paraphrases.

On the other hand, if they are the messages, then I've been wasting my time again.

Attachments

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, I don't either.

Here's a screen grab. Note that these don't look much like actual messages, but are rather some sort of smartass paraphrases.

On the other hand, if they are the messages, then I've been wasting my time again.

Oh FUCK YEAH- That's Existential Flame Wars, I LOVE that group! I haven't been on there in ages, but it's a lot of fun.

Okay, here's the deal, they are making fun of every recognisable internet troll imaginable, and typing in third person. Rather than actually saying anything, they suggest the manner and style of the next idiot who would be posting.

Example:

OP: Ridiculous rant about injustice of humiliating contestant on American Idol

Next: Beligerantly degrades OP for poor taste in music. Dismisses all of television and questions the survival of species.

Next: Long boring post meticulously recounting painful childhood experience of public performance.

Get it? Go!

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Expression of astonishment that civilization has come to such a pass. Sweeping generalization about "kids these days" and the evils of wasting time. Assertion that place just isn't what it used to be, merged with "fraudulent exit" vow. Grudging thanks for explanation of mystery phenomenon semi-graciously tacked on.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Smirking response about whiners and crybabies who just don't get why group is so special. Vow of undying love for site, and needless affirmation of intelligence of posters.

Admission that on closer inspection, OP of stated thread was a blood relative.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Seriously, it's worth at least a browse. I've found myself guilty of almost every abomination imaginable, and sometimes we all need to be humbled.
Besides, it's a good place to take out your frustrations wrt the truly annoying.:tongue:

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm so lost.

You can appreciate why I was a tad baffled. I thought it was barely possible that someone was using some really dynamite AI program to generate paraphrase messages, with the original human-written ones kept hidden as some sort of overkill privacy feature. Alas, nothing so radical, as it turned out. It's really a board with all the posts in something functionally equivalent to Pig Latin.

I've found myself guilty of almost every abomination imaginable, and sometimes we all need to be humbled.

Oh, cheer up. The use of Spandex as a plot device isn't that big a crime.