Anyone here use Netflix?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I just signed up today for a two week trial. The "on-line movies" are a joke, they are all older movies and even with DSL it takes 4 to 6 hours and the stream stops and gets stuck.

I'll see how the DVDs by mail work. I have an apartment vertical mailbox and if they don't fit and I have to pick them up at the P.O. I am gonna stop using Netflix.

ThisSpace4Rent

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
We cancelled our cable TV and got a Netflix account instead.

It works quite well for the stuff we watch, which is mostly BBC series that don't run on US television, and also the occasional US series we missed when it first aired (ie: Battlestar Galactica).

On the whole we're very happy with it. The DVD's do fit in our mailbox though :wink:

SlimGuySB

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Expect the range of streaming films to improve a lot in the near future - they just announced a partnership and release of a set-top box for direct tv streaming. The current range is really just an experiment which they now seem to be going forward with. As for your streaming problems, make sure that you aren't running other net-hungry applications at the same time, such a torrents etc. I'm on a shared cable connection here (not particularly fast) and I get the streams started in about 20 seconds with no stuttering at all. Another possible problem is that your provider is doing a little packet shaping.
The mail part of the equation works wonderfully. Usually a 2 day turn around on the disks here and their range is pretty damn impressive

davefox

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Netflix is great. I'm close enough to one of their supply depots that they get my discs the day after I mail them (once even on the day!) and a new one comes the day after.

monstro

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I love Netflix. They've got good customer service and it's easy to add stuff to my queue and I don't have to worry about going to the video store.

I like the online movie service. It loads quickly for me and I enjoy watching things that I might not bother to add to my queue but intrigue me none the less.

B_Lightkeeper

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I subscribed to Netflix a few years ago. I'd always try and view the disc that night and get it back in the mail the next day to receive my next title from my wanted list.

Besides a few broken discs received (replacements sent promptly by their customer service), I found I was not getting fast enough turn-around service even though a facility was in Georgia and I was/am in Alabama.

If they would offer gay XXX titles, I'd become a member again. :cool:

ThisSpace4Rent

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Dirty, Netflix admitted a while back that they will forcibly delay the return of a customer's next film if their turnaround is too quick.

For most customers this is a non-issue because they don't have the time to watch that many movies. But if you really try to milk your account for all it's worth and get 30 movies a month on the 3 disc at a time plan, you'll fail in your attempt because they'll intentionally ship your movies slower (to keep your account within the margin that generates a profit).

We only get about 12-15 movies per month (on the 3 at a time plan) so we don't have that problem, and it still boils down to about $1.50 a rental which is a great deal.

Plus, like I said, most of what we watch isn't available at the video store anyways (BBC stuff).

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The Netflix DVD fit in my mailbox, so I will be watching Hotel 2 today.:biggrin1:

visualalert

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I can't live without Netflix! I live in a town with a distribution center so I get them like lightening. Much better deal (and much more to choose from) than cable.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
My distribution center is only 45 minutes away so hopefully I will get them back quick.

But I only have time to watch them on the weekends.

D_Harry_Crax

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Necessities of modern life: Kinko's, FedEx, Internet, Amazon, Ebay, bookfinders.com, Starbucks and other coffeehouses, laptop computers, and Netflix! It's hard to say how much each and especially all of them together, have improved my life. Mixed feelings about cellphones.....