anyone know about epinephrine

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was at the dentist last week to have a tooth pulled and after getting the injection of Novocaine I was going 100 miles and hour and barely able to catch my breath. I mentioned this to the Dr. and he said it was the epinephrine in the shot to help the novacaine take effect more rapidly. Afterward at the pharmacy I was getting a script of pain meds filled and I took my blood pressure and it was like 169 over 109. I had a terrible time sleeping for several days even taking these pain meds as well as my daily anti-anxiety med. Has anyone else ever experience this or heard of this being done.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
its a form of Adrenaline...

its added to make novocaine take effect faster, but it should not be so much as to have that dramatic an effect.

You may be particularly sensitive ... if so...stay away from meth and other forms of amphetamines.

Adrenaline gets cycled thru the body pretty fast... I doubt it could be affecting your sleep days later... That is probably anxiety....

OR, you may be taking something with an epinephrin mimicking compound... like some kinds of herbal teas or supplements.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

Yeah, stay away from it. Next time you make an appointment with the dentist tell him straight away you don't want any epinephrine in the Novocain. He may have to order it special so be sure to tell the office staff that's what you need and tell them to tell the doctor for that exact reason.

I have the same sensitivity. I even have to be extremely careful with caffeine. I can't drink coffee.