Anyone Know Who These Vintage Hotties Are?

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I inherited these large prints from a friend. I'm trying to id the gals. They're prof. potos and thick w/an embossed name at the bottom. Who are they tho? Hmmmmmmmmm. I';m thinking Broadway or Vadeville performers but not sure. Any info you have would be GREATLY appreciated!

Attachments

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
They must be someone because I don't think a studio or theatre would have spent mooney on pics this big for unknowns. Hmmmmmmmm
Yes they would... in the Golden age, Studios and agents or mangers would spend money on new contract players to try to help advance their career.

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hey look! I found some more. Tho one is autographed. Signed Gladys. I think it's Gladys Rennick who was a Broadway actress c.1927. She was in the ZIegfeld Follies of '27 w/Billie Burke and Will ROgers!! OK so I'm getting abit closer. All the pics I posted were done by the same photographer as they are stamped.

Attachments

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
They're definitely not associated with any film studio or production company; the photographer is generally associated with New York theatrical and modelling subjects.

Gladys Rennick was a fairly petite model who could conceivably be the subject; the only image I have available of her right now is a poor-quality scan, so it's difficult to say.

What does the inscription say on the trophies she's holding? Because their function appears to be other than merely decorative, and could well provide a specific context for the images.

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You know the photographer? Who it is? I can't even read the raised logo!! I can't believe you have a pic of her. wow! It's hard to read the trophies but the autographed one reads "Best regards to Mr. Le May. Gladys 11/9/29"

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
They're definitely not associated with any film studio or production company; the photographer is generally associated with New York theatrical and modelling subjects.

Gladys Rennick was a fairly petite model who could conceivably be the subject; the only image I have available of her right now is a poor-quality scan, so it's difficult to say.

What does the inscription say on the trophies she's holding? Because their function appears to be other than merely decorative, and could well provide a specific context for the images.

Oh Alex

all those episodes of Miss Marple are finally paying off... :reporter: