Anyone learn about his size, big or small, by a parent?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by thickpex, Jul 25, 2010.

1. thickpex

thickpex Member

Albums:
    I've read numerous accounts of members here discovering that they were hung either (relatively) large or small size, by random events and experiences. Has anyone learned of their size (or been warned about it) by a parent intentionally cluing them in to save them potential embarassment (this could apply to both large & small guys, as we know both are sometimes picked on in adolescence by other boys).

I just know if I were a parent of a boy, I would definitely warn my boy in advance, whether he was large or small, just in case he wanted to find ways to avoid possibly being singled out down the line.

2. B_Hornaplenty

B_Hornaplenty New Member

I'm not sure what you mean by "warn" your boy, but I think you would be generating a problem for him if you intend to tell him (large or small endowed) that such a penis is something unusual and subject to ridicule. I think you should inform the boy that penises come in all different shapes and sizes, explain how they are put to use, and that partners have different requirements for sexual sharing and intimate pleasure.

In my teens my friends and I saw each other naked frequently. A couple of us, myself included, happened to be the most endowed, a couple others were average, and a couple were small. For all I know the small-endowed may have enlarged later. Whatever, during our times of showering, pissing, or swimming together naked, there were jokes made between all of us, but it was never a matter of demeaning one another. I suggest you should instruct your boy (if you're so lucky to have a son) that all penises are special, and to be proud and confident about his.

3. B_625girth

B_625girth New Member

my mother caught a glimpse of me naked after puberty, and I heard her whisper to my day, "he's big like you."

4. Badunkbadonk

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    My stepfather was a jerk. I was having some sort of weird pain in my penis head when I was in junior high (maybe a dry patch or something) and so my mother asked him to take a look. I was pretty small at the time (have grown since then by leaps and bounds). In private, he said, "I'm sorry, it's too small for me to tell what's going on with it. Hopefully it will just get better on its own." Glad it did. Friggin jerk!

5. B_willy5904

B_willy5904 New Member

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - Home in the States visiti
    When my brother and I were growing up we were very open an honest with our dad. He always wanted us to be able to come to him with questions we might have about sex. When we started to get interested in having sex, my brother and I both shared that with my father. We discussed with him the issues related to becoming sexually active as young teenage men. Topics that were covered were birth control, STDs, No means No, and then finally men in our family being well hung.

He shared his experience with us and told us always to make sure we used extra lube, such as KY, and that it would allow us to make sure it was more pleasurable for both partners. His experience had been that he had not used KY when he became active, and because of his large size he caused a internal rupture that resulted in the woman going to the emergency room.

I raised my 3 sons with the same openness and honesty. When they shared with me that they were thinking of becoming sexually active I had a similar conversation with them, but now it was from my more diverse experience. I again covered the topic that men in our family has large penises. I suggested they get a variety of condoms of different sizes and find a brand that fits well and is comfortable. I told them that they should practice using condoms so they were trying to put one on for the first time in the throws of passion. I also shared with them that they may find that young women will find there penis size too large. We discussed the reaction that partners may have to the size of their large erections. And that a partner has the right to change there mind at anytime, and that no matter what is happening, no means no, and stop means stop.

I was able to thank my father for his advice, and my son's have thanked me for my advice.

6. DeepDish

DeepDish Member

Albums:
    Honestly, I think the best thing a parent could do is explain the difference between grow-ers and show-ers to a boy who is about start gym class (locker room, open showers).

I am a grow-er, I think that would have put things in a good perspective. I did not learn about grow-er vs shower until I was in my early 20's

In addition I think it would be a good thing for show-ers to know about it as well. Good perspective for them too.

As far as a parent specifically commenting on a son's size, I personally would not do that. (but I don't have any kids)

#6 DeepDish, Jul 27, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  7. adam0108

adam0108 New Member

I am about 4" fully erect, and I was "warned" by my parents about my size. The situation actually stemmed from getting teased in junior high, and a sports physical. Pretty embarrassing for me at the time, but I'm open to talking about it here if anyone is interested.

8. avg_joe

Gold Member

I have never talked about sex with my parents, and am not comfortable to do so. I guess my culture is different from the western culture. We don't talk about sex with our parents.

9. B_RedDude

B_RedDude New Member

Why are some kids so mean?

10. catman

Gold Member

well being an uncut dad of uncut sons I did the 'peel it back, keep it clean' talk...

all of them being big we talked about being responsible....take your time, don't hurt ANYONE.realize big is a plus and minus... also gave them each a box of magnums and put one on to show them the right and wrong way...(having a lot of foreskin I have to give extra 'traction' as the skin can have a tendancy to pull them off). If they ever for any reason need more condoms (or were too embarrassed to buy them) get imne, no questions asked. I was lucky to have a 'good dad' as well so I want to instill that in my sons as well. Men get boners, men jack off, me fart, etc....

11. D_SharronTaint

D_SharronTaint New Member

I learned via a combination of my older bro (3 years my elder) and my Dad, a Navy vet with a hilariously filthy mouth/sense of humor. Once I got to the age where he could enroll me into Football/Baseball camp, Little League, etc. and communal changing situations, he clued me in.

12. trigun81

trigun81 Member

My mom saw mine when I was 16 one day because I was worried about something and she's a doctor. It was funny because her knee jerk reaction was to say "Oh, you're big like your father". That made me laugh. I've grown since :p

13. ttovarano

ttovarano New Member

I remember when my dad gave me the speech. I was about 14 and my uncles had come in for a surprise visit for my cousin's graduation and arrived very early. My dad and his brothers came in the room and were yelling for me to wake up and shaking the bed. My uncle Steve ripped the blankets off me (I sleep in the buff) and I was laying there with morning wood for all of them to see. My dad sat next to me on the bed and said "Son, the blessing is a curse." Then they all got up and walked out and my uncles were patting my dad on the back saying "good job, nice work, etc."

14. SpeedoMike

Gold Member

my parents were so quiet on the subject of sex, I'm not sure they knew I had a penis.

15. BiMaleHungWV

BiMaleHungWV Member

Albums:
    Not just cultural thing. My mother never even mention the word sex. I first learned about sex and size from friends and my brother. Not sure which first commented on my size. My brother is above average (7") but even at 12 or 13 I was larger than him and we are 7 years apart.:wink:

I almost forgot the subject did come up, when they had to discuss buying me an adult size cup for Karate and had difficulty finding one small enough for my waist. I was like 101 pounds until age 20 so then I was like 90# with 8" or more.

#15 BiMaleHungWV, Aug 20, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  16. rob-c

rob-c Well-Known Member

Albums:
    i had already realised that i had quite a big one by then, but as a teenager my mum once told me that as a baby mine was an "absolute whopper" and all her friends who saw me naked commented on it...very weird...

17. Fire Stick

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Although I don't really recall the "ah-hah" moment, I understood at an early age from my father and older brother that I was well hung like them. I think I first began to appreciate having a big dick around junior high age, when boys become body-conscious and begin showering together after gym class.

18. luvguyz

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    nice one! very hot :wink:

19. Brodie

Brodie New Member

I had to learn all on my own........being from New Zealand and my parents being maori they never once talked about anything sexual let alone have a one on one with my dad he would never talk about the male anatomy......I don't have kids but I do have lots of nieces and nephews who which are very comfortable talking to me then there parents I'm the youngest of seven.........I have no probs talking bout the male form with them I encourage it because I had lots of questions when I was a young fella but had no one to talk to..........so I make an effort to talk to my nephews bout size anything that they are curious about.............

20. jockmaestro

Gold Member

l. For all I know the small-endowed may have enlarged later. Whatever, during our times of showering, pissing, or swimming together naked, there were jokes made between all of us, but it was never a matter of demeaning one another.

Boy, I wish this were always the case with guys growing up. Imagine how much better the world would be if guys were supportive about each other's size. It never happened to me, but there are plenty of guys out there who suffered in school from being teased about being small. I've never understood why guys demean each other like that.

Draft saved Draft deleted