Anyone read Japanese?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hey NIC,

Have you tried http://babelfish.altavista.com/

It's worked for me quite well in the past, when I needed to translate things from Italian to English and vice versa. The only problem is that colloquialisms don't translate well and you can end up with a completely different meaning. :tongue:

njqt466

danerain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
日本語が勉強しますけど.

I study japanese. I might be able to help. What kind of site is it? Did you get your penis stuck in something?

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
日本語が勉強しますけど.

I study japanese. I might be able to help. What kind of site is it? Did you get your penis stuck in something?

I'm trying to get tickets to see Nine Inch Nails in Japan. Closest thing to a Japanese Ticketmaster I could find was this site:
ƒ`ƒPƒbƒg‚Ò‚ m“dŽqƒ`ƒPƒbƒg‚Ò‚ bƒ`ƒPƒbƒgî•ñE”Ì”„n
Which is entirely in Japanese. The tickets for the Tokyo shows on May 18 and May 20 at Studio Coast were supposed to go on sale on the 17th, which at this point was yesterday in Japan. But I can't find anywhere to buy then. I'd also go to the shows in Osaka and Nagoya but they aren't supposed to be on sale until later.

headbang8

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
NIC,

Tip: In Japan, everything's efficient, but nothing's simple.

Tip: unless you're VERY good at Japanese, always try to find an English workaround.

The site you found, PIA, is a little more complex than it first seems.

Tickets are paid for by debit from a Japanese bank account (common practice, but one you can't do from abroad). Otherwise, it actually appears to require you to open an account (that is, take out a credit card) before you can use it. As a non-resident, you can't do that. Besides, it's a bit of a trick to get young people to apply for credit, which Japanese are reluctant to do except to get a card for travel abroad.

Plug Green on Red into BabelFish or Jisyo and you may be lucky enough to be able to by a ticket. But you'll need a Japanese address for delivery or the precise location of a Lawon convenience store branch to collect them.

Green on Red operates in cahoots with the promoter Smash (+81-3-3444-6751, a central Tokyo number), whom, I gather, can speak English kinda, sorta.

Creativeman, the promoter has an English website. They don't have an English online ticket site, but they often point you in the right direction. There'll be someone there who speaks English, sorta, kinda.

The English-language version of Time Out for Tokyo is Metropolis Magazine, and their concert listings often have English contact numbers.

There are shopping services for English speakers. This one is written in particularly fetching Engrish. Probably your easiest option.

Many tickets of this kind are actually sold through the ubiquitous convenience store, Lawson. If you're desperate, and arrive in Japan in time, go to the store with a pen, paper and calculator, and engage in some scribbles and sign language. Most Japanese read English better than they speak it, so write everything down. They will help you with the Loppi automated multi-function ticket machine. I once bought an airline ticket at a Lawson in this fashion.