Anyone see Jon Stewart throw Obama...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by lurker37160, Oct 28, 2010.

1. lurker37160

lurker37160 Member

under the bus last night?

2. unabear09

Gold Member

Albums:
    whats your point? trying to start shit?

3. tgirlsrgreat

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    ez big bear. i for one did not, but will catch the repeat tonight. lurker, what was the gist??

4. cyclistlarge

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    He didn't really. Obama has been putting it on his facebook. Thus, I doubt he feels embarassed. Nobody (not even the president) gets away from stewart or colbert completely unribbed.

5. unabear09

Gold Member

Albums:

I didn't see it either, but I've been on this site long enough to be able to tell when someone is going to start a thread bashing a politician, and this thread reeks of it. If I'm wrong....sorry, if I'm not, well...I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to figure out what choice words I will/would say lol

6. tgirlsrgreat

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    i just watched it and i think it is what cycl said. stewart had to take a few shots and the prez certainly allowed him the opportunity. GET OUT AND VOTE PEOPLE!!! AND REMEMBER, IF YOU DON'T VOTE YOU CAN'T BITCH. and i don't care which side you are on! that's still the one truth!! i voted early, my only regret is that i could not vote in all the elections here, just my precincts, reps. whatever. we have some real slimeballs running.

p.s. if he's gay and in tennesse, my guess is he is not bashing mr. obama

7. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Apparently our OP mistook "The Daily Show" for an episode of the 700 Club. Maybe Pat Robertson did a mock interview with Rush Limbaugh in blackface and he couldn't tell the difference?

8. maxcok

Gold Member

See, this is what it looks like when an intelligent interviewer asks a guest honest, challenging questions.

I know you're not accustomed to this phenomenon, since all you watch is Faux News, where hordes of NeoCon politicians go to be fed puffball questions in order to advance their lies and propaganda.

Actually, Stewart asked pretty much what I would have asked if I had the balls and the opportunity.
    All in all, I thought the Prez acquitted himself pretty well. Not perfectly, but pretty well.

And you would be dead wrong. Bashing Obama is pretty much all Lurker does around here, that is when he's not bashing lesbians. Check his post history for Obama. Or lesbians. Yeah, I don't get it either, and he lives down the road from me. :rolleyes:

#8 maxcok, Oct 29, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
  9. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

What maxcok said...

10. B_New End

B_New End New Member

under the bus?

I saw softballs. I mean they were a tad faster than the middle school pitches the MSM throws, but it was still nothing.

And I was annoyed when Obama used a "fill time with words" to stall out Jon really trying to ask a serious question. Jon tried to cut in, and Obama just kept going. by the time he was done, Jon's intended point was irrelevant, since it applied to what they started talking about, not what they finished talking about.

11. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    Um. He didn't They played each other extremely well as two intelligent people will do. Stewart skewed Obama just as he should have and Obama gave as good as he got, explained, and more so. Plus, he was funny. So shut the fuck up.

12. flame boy

flame boy Account Disabled

Stewart didn't pander to Obama but I wouldn't call it throwing him under the bus. He asked decent questions which Obama in turn answered. I wish it could have been more than 30 minutes as I think there was so much more that could have been covered. I think both of them did exceptionally well.

13. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

I just need to put this out there to all of the dissenters and the conspiracy theorists...
    If you honestly think that both parties (or at least their representation) weren't briefed beforehand, didn't discuss just how particular or risque they could get with certain questions, or weren't fully aware of the circumstances of going out of character then you're a fuckin' idiot.

Case in point. :rolleyes:
    Take it from someone in the industry and not from someone on the outside and speculating... unless it's live, EVERYTHING you see on television is scripted and edited to look the way it does and sound the way it sounds. For anyone to be "annoyed" at Obama's appearance or conduct during "The Daily Show" is stupid... especially when you consider how many times he's been on the show. It was done in the way it was because both sides approved it. If not, lawsuits would fly back and forth and neither side is interested in that. So let's cut the BS.

14. B_OtterJoq

B_OtterJoq New Member

Under the bus?

We must've watched different interviews.

Nice try, though.

15. tgirlsrgreat

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    my bad!! bash away:twak:

16. maxcok

Gold Member

You would like that, wouldn't you. :wink:

17. HUNGHUGE11X7

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Earth/USA/GA! DEEP IN YOUR THROAT,See vid TO SEE H
    Verified:
    Photo

hahahahaha HE did no such thing, only in your daydreams !

Both Stewart and Colbert are ardent supporters of OBAMA, they wish like myself he were not as centrist as he is , but like them I understand WHY he has to be.

~HH~

18. JTalbain

Gold Member

Stewart might actually like Obama's centrism, seeing as how he has described himself as Socially Liberal, but Financially Conservative.

Draft saved Draft deleted