anyone still watching tv on a crt set?

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I have a 25" CRT from 1996 with a bad tuner (have to shut it off and turn it back on)
and a 46" Projection floor console TV (yea, those big heavy ass things with three color cannons in it).

Both work, see no need to replace them until they die. When they DO die...I probably won't replace them. If I do, it will be a media PC setup.

Honestly I have the laptop piped into the projection TV and it works like an oversized monitor. It's fairly clear and most of my entertainment comes from the Internet.

Further, flat panel TV's are being stolen at a rapid rate around these parts. If they can see it through a door or window, consider it gone.

B_stanmarsh14

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Always been a CRT fan myself, mostly for picture quality.

Main TV, is a 24 inch Toshiba, with a digital receiver (Just gone on to cable TV) connected via euro-scart..... works a dream.

CRT 19inch monitors on 2 of my comps, with the 3rd on an Acer LCD..... pic quality is better on the CRT monitors, but when they do eventually fail, certainly one of them I will have to go LCD, but that will be via a TV with built in dvd, so as to save space (Linux rig).

I'll give the Acer LCD is due, in that I have had it for about 4 years now, only 1 dead pixel, and received no end of hammer.

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
yeah a couple very high end (with an incredible tonnage) sony's

only because i frequently work for an array of really stupid rich people who throw perfectly good shit in the trash all the time.

95% of everything in my house is someone else's garbage. I"ve never bought a TV in my life, and i couldn't be happier.