Anyone Think Its Weird....

IntactMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Asheville (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
While I agree with this opinion, you then heavily contradict yourself by stating:

So, in my profile I state that I'm 1% straight. Does that mean I should stop lying to myself as well, and come out as bi-curious about heterosexuality? Because that is what you are saying about that guy.

It isn't about how they identify themselves. Nor is it anyone else's place to set rules and definitions on their sexuality. The OP wasn't asking if anyone thought his friend was truly straight or not. He was asking about the relationship itself, and if anyone had similar experiences, or an opinion on if it was "normal".

I did not contradict myself. I said everyone is free to identify their own sexuality, but that does not limit anyone to their own opinion. In my opinion both of these men are lying about their sexuality, and I stated clearly that this is my own opinion, but they are free to define it how they want.

You conveniently left out the part where I specifically said that "I don't think its weird."

I don't think its weird for you two to be doing this, but I think its weird that neither of you are really being honest with yourselves.

I did not contradict myself. I said everyone is free to identify their own sexuality, but that does not limit anyone to their own opinion. In my opinion both of these men are lying about their sexuality, and I stated clearly that this is my own opinion, but they are free to define it how they want.

You conveniently left out the part where I specifically said that "I don't think its weird."

There wasn't anything substantive or additive to the "I don't think its weird" bit, which is why I highlighted the other portions of your post. You know, the ones where you contradict yourself by saying everyone should be free to define their sexuality, then rattling off a list of criteria, and calling the OP and his friend a liar.

So, you can't say this:

I think everyone should be free to define their sexuality in whatever way they see fit.

Then say this:

..I think its weird that neither of you are really being honest with yourselves..and lying to yourself is just unhealthy

That is where you contradict yourself. Saying everyone should be free, then denying someone their freedom of identity by calling them a liar. They've defined their sexuality. Not you.

• if you are a man who is giving oral sex to other men then you are probably more than a small percentage bi
  • if you are man who is receiving any kind of sexual activity from a man then you are not straight
The OP already said he was bi. It's not your call to say the guy who gets occasional head isn't straight. Fluidity of sexuality, and all that. Those rigid rules you are using? Those are really outdated.

Reactions: J327

IntactMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
There wasn't anything substantive or additive to the "I don't think its weird" bit, which is why I highlighted the other portions of your post. You know, the ones where you contradict yourself by saying everyone should be free to define their sexuality, then rattling off a list of criteria, and calling the OP and his friend a liar.

So, you can't say this:

Then say this:

That is where you contradict yourself. Saying everyone should be free, then denying someone their freedom of identity by calling them a liar. They've defined their sexuality. Not you.

The OP already said he was bi. It's not your call to say the guy who gets occasional head isn't straight. Fluidity of sexuality, and all that. Those rigid rules you are using? Those are really outdated.

I don't get why this is so hard for you to understand. Its not a contradiction. You are free to define your own sexuality for yourself, that does not mean that I cannot define your sexuality the way I observe it.

I'm not using rigid rules at all. I explained what my opinion was, I prefaced it by saying "in my opinion." I didn't saying giving/receiving head makes you X% gay. I said that in my opinion it makes you more than 1%, you don't have to like that but its my opinion. If someone doesn't want a strangers opinion on something then they probably shouldn't post in a public forum, but the OP doesn't seem to have a problem only you.

If you think that being sexually fluid is the same thing as being straight or gay then you need to update your really outdated and rigid rules. The OP said that the guy was straight, not sexually fluid. If you read what I said then you would understand that I agree with you, he's bi or sexually fluid, but neither of those are straight.

If these basic concepts are too complicated for you then I suggest that you stop reading my posts and put me on ignore.

I don't get why this is so hard for you to understand. Its not a contradiction. You are free to define your own sexuality for yourself, that does not mean that I cannot define your sexuality the way I observe it.

I'm not using rigid rules at all. I explained what my opinion was, I prefaced it by saying "in my opinion." I didn't saying giving/receiving head makes you X% gay. I said that in my opinion it makes you more than 1%, you don't have to like that but its my opinion. If someone doesn't want a strangers opinion on something then they probably shouldn't post in a public forum, but the OP doesn't seem to have a problem only you.

If you think that being sexually fluid is the same thing as being straight or gay then you need to update your really outdated and rigid rules. The OP said that the guy was straight, not sexually fluid. If you read what I said then you would understand that I agree with you, he's bi or sexually fluid, but neither of those are straight.

If these basic concepts are too complicated for you then I suggest that you stop reading my posts and put me on ignore.

I could play this verbal ping pong with you for a lot longer, but there isn't really a point. I'm sorry you couldn't see what I took pains to illustrate to you.

I will refrain from being insulting, as you haven't, and wish you a super fabulous day.

IntactMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
I could play this verbal ping pong with you for a lot longer, but there isn't really a point. I'm sorry you couldn't see what I took pains to illustrate to you.

I will refrain from being insulting, as you haven't, and wish you a super fabulous day.

I know exactly what you are trying to say, that somehow a man who has sex with other men is straight, and somehow someone who is sexually fluid is straight. I don't think you understand what you are trying to say, otherwise you wouldn't be trying to say it.

You should read back what you said, I got insulting because you did first.

Enjoy trying to destroy language.

I know exactly what you are trying to say, that somehow a man who has sex with other men is straight, and somehow someone who is sexually fluid is straight. I don't think you understand what you are trying to say, otherwise you wouldn't be trying to say it.

You should read back what you said, I got insulting because you did first.

Enjoy trying to destroy language.
If that is your take-away, that's fine. I'm not here to beat my head against the wall with you anymore.

Cheers.

Almost40

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
You can be the judge of that actually. The two of you that are involved in this situation. U guys dig? then its a go on. IF you need a solid reply, no its not weird at all. A lot of guys act likewise and they do enjoy it a lot.

IntactMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
If that is your take-away, that's fine. I'm not here to beat my head against the wall with you anymore.

Cheers.

You're free to have your opinion on what my take away is, but my opinion is that your too dense to know we got over that point awhile ago. The fact that you can have your opinion does not mean that I can't have mine. Does that clear it up for you?

You keep saying you're done but you keep replying. I've invited you to put me on ignore if you are too sensitive to read an opinion that doesn't align with yours 100%.