Anyone tried match.com?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by shyyguy123, Jul 2, 2011.

1. shyyguy123

shyyguy123 Member

I'd love to hear some opinions on it. I'm on the free dating sites and I've had success. I've gone out with a good number of women. Lately I'm kind of fed up with the all the dead end conversations I have so I'm thinking about trying match.com since women will probably be more serious about things on there.

I also want to expand my horizons. I'm very shy in real life and have extreme difficulty approaching which is why I've been using dating sites.

2. SomeGuyOverThere

Gold Member

I've heard from a few sources that match.com rejects people who aren't straight and Christian. When they say "we review profiles for you", what they really mean is "We make sure everyone conforms to our ideas of normality".

That would put me off on principle.

Edit: Actually I can't remember if it was match.com. It's the one with all those adverts on TV with the couples who've allegedly recently gotten married after meeting on the site. (Note: I don't actually watch TV, in general, so maybe there are several with lots of adverts)

#2 SomeGuyOverThere, Jul 2, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2011
  3. B_Nicodemous

B_Nicodemous New Member

Your thinking of eharmony. They had a lame reason for not including gays. They have since launhed a sibling company called compatible partners..(hate that name! how boring and unsexy!) instead of just including it in the original. Whatever.

To shyguy:

Match.com worked form my former roomate and she had tried a bunh, Still took wbout 3 years, for her to have any kind of success.

eharmony and its sister site have turned down one striaght friend and myself respectively for not being compatible with anyone! lol

Then for you there are the more specific dating sites which cater to cougars, chubby's, sex only, LTR, midgets you name it.:tongue: Figure out what you want and what you are offering and you may have more luck by joining a site more specific to you.

4. D_Steve_Sphincter

D_Steve_Sphincter New Member

Don't give up. My Dad just got engaged after meeting his partner on match.com.

5. LaFemme

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I've been on several sites. I'm unmatchable on eharmony.....ok, maybe not - they did find me an old hippie in Hawaii....but it was a pretty low match. Same with the rest of them. Currently on match.com - and I've caught 25 Nigerian scammers (in a month), which is fun - but no matches. In general, online dating doesn't work for me, which is too bad because I don't have time in real life to meet anyone.

6. lux51

lux51 Active Member

Albums:
    On-line dating didn't work for me. I think it was eharmony, they told me that I was too detailed and I couldn't be matched. Which was a nice way of saying, lower your standards. Match.com gave me some really crazy matches. Nothing I was even remotely compatible with. Needless to say it didn't work for me, but don't give up, it might work out for you.

Just be honest and use your best judgement when you get a match.

7. shyyguy123

shyyguy123 Member

Haha I'm not too worried about what their ridiculous matching methods are. I'll probably ignore that and just message women that seem cool/attractive. That's what I do on pof and okcupid, the whole matching crap is dumb.

I'm just wondering if it works in meeting people? There seems to be a good user base in my area but on match you can't tell subscribing members from non subscribers, so you could be sending a lot of messages to women who can't read them.

8. sargon20

Gold Member

9. VernalTiger

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    The key to dating sites is to actually go on dates. A few messages and a read of their profile should be enough to work out if you're reasonably compatible. I know it's hard if you're shy, but if you just suggest a pre-dinner drink or a few hours on a weekend afternoon, you can escape early with "prior commitments". Good luck, anyway.

10. BlackSunshineAZ

I tried match.com and was a member for a couple of years (I had free membership because I was one of the first people to sign up for it) but didn't have any success with it. I had email correspondence with one woman on there and the first time I called her she said she couldn't talk because she was busy watching television so I hung up and never contacted her again.

I tried eHarmony and went on dates with five matches and ended up marrying the fifth one. We'll be married four years in October. It does cost more and take a bit more effort, but it seems to work. I haven't heard of anyone being rejected before (except for married people trying to find an affair and I guess they don't match gays, although if they did they'd make a killing at it). A lot of people think it's Christian site but it's not. I got matched with athiests, hindus, etc. However, when I met my wife we had so much in common it was crazy. Our paths could have crossed so many times in the past but it took something like this for us to make the connection and I'm grateful for it.

11. tpd

tpd Member

La femme I wouldnt mind sucking your lovely big tits

12. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    Try OKCupid. It's free and it really works. They are constantly bombarding me with matches even when I am not looking anymore.

13. shyyguy123

shyyguy123 Member

I'm on OkCupid and Plentyoffish. Have been for like a year and 1/2. They've worked great, gone out with like 10 women. And I've gotten another 10+ numbers from women that I never ended up going out with for one reason or another (usually because they can't the 1st time I ask then I'm not interested enough to reschedule).

It has helped a lot with my shyness, I'm much better with women. Hasn't really helped with approaching women in the real world though. Anyway I'm just tired of the fact that a huge portion of my conversations end up going nowhere on the free sites so I'm thinking a pay site the women will be more serious about things.

14. LaFemme

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Well, that was random.

My tits don't have a problem finding someone to suck them. But the rest of me would like to date or have a relationship as well. :biggrin1:

15. workandplay243

workandplay243 New Member

Albums:
    I've been on Match a few years ago and went on a couple dates, but no relationships. All I remember is they kept trying to charge my credit card after 6 months.
    Been on POF off and on and have met a few nice ladies but I seem to be in the same situation as you. I don't chase hard, and alot of women on these sites (POF) expect men to cater to them way too much. I think because they get so many emails they can play the field or whatever, but you just have to hang in there. The pay sites are the same, if not worse as the free ones in my opinion.

16. MsThang

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    South Florida (recently relocated from NYC)
    Verified:
    Photo
    my conversations end up going nowhere on the free sites so I'm thinking a pay site the women will be more serious about things.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean that the women will be more serious about things? Maybe you should just specify that in your profile. I have been on several dating sites and I usually ignore men whose profiles contradict what I am looking for. But the truth be told I have had more success meeting men on this site than on any dating website...go figure ;-)

17. shyyguy123

shyyguy123 Member

Because women on free dating sites are more likely to be on there just to see what kind of attention they get (I'm NOT saying they're all like that, just more likely). Women who are paying for a dating site are probably more serious, overall, about actually meeting people. That's my hypothesis anyway.

I joined match.com today with the free 3 day trial. The first message I sent got a response. Good start, we'll see what happens in the long run though.

18. MsThang

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    South Florida (recently relocated from NYC)
    Verified:
    Photo
    Hmmmm really? I have female friends who have problems with men not being serious. Well good luck.

19. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    On Match I got a lot of messages every week. I don't remember now how many, but it was over 100 a month. (I just don't remember how much over. A little? A lot? Dunno.) But I'm a girl, and that is what it is like to be a girl online. I wrote back very seldomly compared to how often I was written. I didn't meet every guy I write back. In fact, I didn't meet most of the guys I wrote back. I gave a very small percentage of guys my phone number to talk with them (fewer than one guy a month). I met most of the guys I spoke to on the phone, and fucked all but two guys I met. I never stood anyone up.

My female friends who used dating sites the way I did (to help weed out potential sex partners, which is easier and faster online than in bars, gyms, churches, etc.) reported similar stats. The only difference is I am a better judge of character than the women I know/I wasn't lying to myself/the men about only wanting sex. Or maybe I'm just pickier? Anyway, I fucked the guys I met on Match for years. They either lost touch after a few weeks or jumped into short-lived exclusive relationships with theirs. One of my very best male friends, someone I could have married if our values matched better, was a dude I met on Match. We actually talked about it for a little while, but realized marriage didn't mean the same thing to both of us. No other dating site introduced me to anyone else that compatible. I met the most attractive men on Match, the wealthiest ones on OkCupid, and the craziest ones on PlentyOfFish. A little crazy is okay if it's just for sex. Makes it interesting sometimes.

Anyway, I wrote back to only the guys who had few or no typos because typos indicated a lack of interest to me. I only wrote back to guys whose profiles were filled out, and who had lots of pictures. I preferred pictures of them out doing stuff. Anyone can say they are fun. Show me. You hike? Lemme see you in the forest. You bowl, let's get a picture of you releasing the ball. Whatever. Sure I just wanted sex, but sometimes I wanted to be exposed to new activities on the way to having sex. I only wrote back to guys who had something to talk about other than my impressive rack. I already know if dude wrote me he likes big tits. Let's not overstate the obvious. Instead, take all points of contact as an opportunity to display your fun personality. If a dude is no fun, I just can't get wet. I only wrote back to dudes who could work in some way to let me know they actually read my profile. I can't fuck people who don't like me, no matter how cute they think I am. If it wouldn't otherwise be possible for us to be friends some day, I don't need any dick from that guy. Sex is sometimes awkward and strange. People sometimes accidentally fart, or bleed, or fall off. If we can't be cool and laugh together, I'll never be comfortable enough to relax and actually come. Instead, I'll always worry about the little things that sometimes go wrong. Sometimes after writing back and forth a few times I might be on the fence about offering my number. Usually, at that point, if the dude flat-out asked for it, I'd give it to him (or offer to call him).

In summary: Use spell check, and re-read your posts. Show a genuine interest in the person-hood of your target. Show that you are fun to know, or at the very least, nice, but confident. Don't be vulgar without invitation. Ask for a number (but not right away). Include action shots in your profile.

My advice is from the perspective of a woman who was seeking sex. If you are looking for a girlfriend, this stuff might not work for you.

20. workandplay243

workandplay243 New Member

Albums:

I rillee like yoor prowfile

Draft saved Draft deleted