Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I just got myself a 24" screen imac and have to say its the best thing ive bought in a long time.

Anyone else using a mac and if so how do you compare it to a pc ?

I'm finding it a bit different but will get used to it !!!

drew

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'm on a Mac man... have been for a long time.... they compare really well.. work easily side by side now....

Really stable and very easy to use... u'll have to get used to not needing to tinker in control panels etc. which you dont need to on mac.. generally if u need to change anything on a program u just go into the preferences...

good luck with it... if you want to know anything just hit me up....

ichat = fitmuscle2000 (AIM)

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I've been a Mac user for many years, and I also own a Pentum 4 as well for a few programs that only exist on the PC side. These days, my MacBook Pro bas been the only machine worth using. Now that I have Parallels on it, I can emulate Windows XP and it actually runs faster than the PC I have at home! It's great to have one machine that actually runs both major operating systems at the same time, and I can switch back and forth with the click of a button.

This year I see myself getting a new Mac Pro to replace the Pentium, and I'm going to max out the HD storage so I can dedicate a portion of it to Windows and still keep the Mac OS running alongside it. With that and my laptop, I should be cooking with gas.

On a side note... Roscoz: Looking good in your new photo! ;)

Roscoz

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Thanks buddy ive just added you :p will tlak soon no doubt.
haha

I'm on a Mac man... have been for a long time.... they compare really well.. work easily side by side now....

Really stable and very easy to use... u'll have to get used to not needing to tinker in control panels etc. which you dont need to on mac.. generally if u need to change anything on a program u just go into the preferences...

good luck with it... if you want to know anything just hit me up....

ichat = fitmuscle2000 (AIM)

D

deleted134373

i just got a new mac too... 30" theater display...
and BTW DONGGIOVANI!!!! I LOVE YER COCK!

I own three PCs and one Mac. OSX just vaulted over windows in so many ways with 10.2 that it's impossible not to love. 10.5 is fantastic though I'm pissed I can't backup the Mac to my backup drive on my PC. Even then, the Mac is just exceptional in its usability. If you don't have 10.5, get it. The improvements to Searchlight and file indexing are worth it alone.

Hellboy0

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've went Mac since 1989... and never looked back. Have last gen's iMac at work and am typing this on my MacBook Pro.

My Macs have always been stable workhorses. Don't know WHY anyone would buy anything else? Saying that, it's kinda been fun being the odd one out all these years (Apple has always been the sexy, stylin' best-kept secret of the personal computer world)... I'm glad all of those 'other' people choose to play on there PC's.

...and I agree with one of the earlier guys: Nice gallery!

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hmmmm, sounds like a love fest with Apple. I have one (powerbook) and several pc's, the Apple is the least repairable of the bunch, the most delicate of the bunch too. To be honest, an Apple today is a PC hardware-wise and software-wise it's a proprietary version of Linux. That said, we're all using effectively the same hardware, we either pay for our preference of software, unless you simply put together your own and install Linux on it. Right now I'm using Ubuntu on an AMD box, it's not a resource hungry hog like Vista and Linux has used spaces and other features OS X claims is new, so it's not pretentiously smug like Apple's OS X and proclaims to be innovative when it's at best, really just a late to the party, copy cat.

Anyway, I prefer a PC and Linux.

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Does anyone have a new MAC (pro that is) ?
I'm awaiting delivery of a new Mac Pro 8-core 2.8GHz – hopefully by the 22nd.

I had just bought a Mac Pro quad-core 2.66GHz model before Christmas and it shipped to me on Dec. 31. The folks at Apple were good enough to let me return it and order this newer model on Jan. 8 when the announcement was made.

I will have a brief delay getting it fully set up with memory upgrades. The new 800MHz DDR2 ECC buffered memory is a lot more expensive than the 667MHz memory in the previous models. I stuck with the minimum 2 GB that comes with the machine. Apple charges really insanely high prices for installed memory! I'd never buy it from them. I'm biding my time and I expect the third party vendors will have much lower prices by the end of January. I want to have 8 GB to work with. My RAM supplier is going to take back the RAM I bought for the first machine and credit it toward the purchase for the new one. Of course, the price of the RAM I am returning has fallen in value, memory prices are like the stock market. I'll get credit for it's retail price on the day they get it back.

The 2.66 is plenty fast. I'm expecting the new machine will be a worthwhile improvement.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
nope, though i wish i did. The Harpertown is the new 45nm. I got the Clovertown 65nm Xeon 5355's. Also of note, the general public never gets what is shipped in the mac pros until months (read: 6+mos) later.

Is there any way that when you specify/configure what you want built on-line, that you get the latest and greatest ? I figure the off-the-shelf Macs would be that way, take what they grab in the stockroom and bring it out to you, as they would have FIFO inventory to unload the older .65 nm vs .45 nm systems ? That's another reason I build for myself, a lot of places you can specify what specific part numbers for core and so on or at least inquire what stepping and revision they have in stock. "www.newegg.com" does that. For example:

"http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103242"

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5400+ 2.8GHz Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core Processor Model ADO5400IAA5DO - OEM

it's a pain to keep track of it (not to mention you have to know what the codes are for the part number, but in the end, you know what you got & have and it insures that nobody is simply moving hardware and product for the sake of giving you something that is indicated as a generically identified at a level that is obscure and uncertain. Not all silicon is made equal as you indicate. And when Steve Jobs himself tells you that as an Apple consumer that you don't care what's under the hood, well, he's sorely mistaken. Apple and others are infamous for changing specs in the middle of the night and they'll sell you the older stuff a day before without batting an eyelash or a price drop too.