Anyone voting for Ron Paul....

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by IntoxicatingToxin, Jan 10, 2008.

1. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

2. B_Monster

B_Monster New Member

This doesn't surprise me at all!

3. cyberczar

cyberczar New Member

You do realize most of those statements and remarks cited in that article have been taken out of context and twisted and turned?

4. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

5. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

Here's Ron Paul's rebuttal on this situation... it still makes him sound bad, but instead of sounding racist, it just makes him sound stupid.

Ron Paul@Everything2.com

"Nowadays, Paul prefers to tell people that his newsletters were written by underlings, and that he neither read, wrote, nor approved of the content of his newsletter. Even if you accept that explanation, it doesn't really make him look good, does it? He put out a newsletter with his name on the masthead, and he couldn't be bothered to supervise its creation? Is that the sort of leadership we could expect from him as president? "I didn't do it, someone else did it, it's not my fault."

6. Principessa

Gold Member

Thanks Meg, I had heard about this before Christmas and wanted to post about it but, had pc problems at the time. :mad: I was unaware the donation was only $500. However, it speaks to his character or lack there of that he did not return the donation.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised since he comes from Texas. :rolleyes::mad:

He was never an option for me. I will probably go with whomever gets the democratic nomination. If by some strange miracle a decent Green Party or Independent candidate enters the race would give them serious consideration.

December 19, 2007
    Paul to keep donation from white supremacist
    Posted: 05:20 PM ET

WEST PALM BEACH, Florida (AP) – Republican presidential hopeful Ron Paul has received a $500 campaign donation from a white supremacist, and the Texas congressman doesn't plan to return it, an aide said Wednesday.

Don Black, of West Palm Beach, recently made the donation, according to campaign filings. He runs a Web site called Stormfront with the motto, "White Pride World Wide." The site welcomes postings to the "Stormfront White Nationalist Community."

"Dr. Paul stands for freedom, peace, prosperity and inalienable rights. If someone with small ideologies happens to contribute money to Ron, thinking he can influence Ron in any way, he's wasted his money," Paul spokesman Jesse Benton said. "Ron is going to take the money and try to spread the message of freedom."

"And that's $500 less that this guy has to do whatever it is that he does," Benton added.

Black said he supports Paul's stance on ending the war in Iraq, securing U.S. borders and his opposition to amnesty for illegal immigrants.
    "We know that he's not a white nationalist. He says he isn't and we believe him, but on the issues, there's only one choice," Black said Wednesday.

"We like his stand on tight borders and opposition to a police state," Black told The Palm Beach Post earlier.

On his Web site, Black says he has been involved in "the White patriot movement for 30 years."

7. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Why couldn't he be caught in a men's room soliciting for sex like the others? :)

8. B_Italian1

B_Italian1 New Member

I'm not sure who I'm voting for, but I'm sure not voting for him. Voting for people like him and Ralph Nader only screw up the elections. Vote for someone who's at least electable.

:confused:

9. Principessa

Gold Member

Damn! :mad: I hate when I agree with you on issues of import.

10. Fire Agate

Fire Agate New Member

hes getting my vote on the republican side, on the democratic side its either gonna be obama or edwards

11. sdg475

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    The first time I heard Ron Paul speak I knew it would be too soon before I heard him again. I'd rather give my vote to Huckabee...

I do not like any of the republican candidates (not surprising as I'd describe my views as very left). I can't see myself voting for Clinton-- I just can not trust anything that comes out of her mouth. She is a politician on the grand scale and I have very little faith in her when it comes to having a real stance on anything once elected (unless of course it's time to kiss ass again for re-election). The chance of a strong green/independent candidate is almost non-existent, but such is the consequence of a two party system...

As it stands now, I will probably vote for Obama. Edwards is toast, but I think Obama-Edwards would make powerful running mates.

12. Pirate Wench

Gold Member

No way in hell....and that was before I read about the racist blogs with his banners at the top.
    He is just creepy.

13. wesley12

wesley12 New Member

Wow it's funny how a lot of Republicans are afraid of Ron Paul the man is the real deal.

14. galaxus

galaxus Member

how? :confused:

he seems like a goof to me.

15. whatireallywant

Gold Member

Yeah...

I think probably the only thing I agree with him on is the war. I have a much wider field of choices among the Democrats. I may not agree with all of them on everything (I'm closer to Kucinich than any other candidate in my views), but it's still closer to any of them than to Paul or any of the other Republicans. (I'm still more terrified by Huckabee than any of them though!)

16. Fire Agate

Fire Agate New Member

i think its goofey to believe in an invisible guy in the sky

17. galaxus

galaxus Member

ok. good for you. you belong to big club.

18. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    The newsletters were particularly obsessed with AIDS, "a politically protected disease thanks to payola and the influence of the homosexual lobby," and used it as a rhetorical club to beat gay people in general. In 1990, one newsletter approvingly quoted "a well-known Libertarian editor" as saying, "The ACT-UP slogan, on stickers plastered all over Manhattan, is 'Silence = Death.' But shouldn't it be 'Sodomy = Death'?" Readers were warned to avoid blood transfusions because gays were trying to "poison the blood supply." "Am I the only one sick of hearing about the 'rights' of AIDS carriers?" a newsletter asked in 1990. That same year, citing a Christian-right fringe publication, an item suggested that "the AIDS patient" should not be allowed to eat in restaurants and that "AIDS can be transmitted by saliva," which is false. Paul's newsletters advertised a book, Surviving the AIDS Plague--also based upon the casual-transmission thesis--and defended "parents who worry about sending their healthy kids to school with AIDS victims." Commenting on a rise in AIDS infections, one newsletter said that "gays in San Francisco do not obey the dictates of good sense," adding: "[T]hese men don't really see a reason to live past their fifties. They are not married, they have no children, and their lives are centered on new sexual partners." Also, "they enjoy the attention and pity that comes with being sick."

Sick shit, this...

19. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Wow...looks like his opponents are actually considering him a viable threat. The mudslinging machinery is at full steam and leveled in his direction.

This gives the optimist in me some nice warm feelings!

This is disgusting, Pats...especially from you. From an ignorant half-wit like Monster, it's to be expected. You, I hold a much higher opinion of.

20. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

What do you mean, "mudslinging machinery"? The guy who wrote that article isn't running for any office, so he's obviously not threatened - and I've seen articles about this same thing from Ron Paul from as far back as May of 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted