Anyone want to commit to stop smoking with me?

Rowan Ravenseed

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I should. I really should. But only a week's notice? [And, seriously, it's a terrible time in my life] I'll give it some thought, I promise.

OMG my beautiful Nicky your a smoker too.......

Thanks for the msg D-girl ill be booking an apointment with my doctor fairly shortly to get a prescription for the quit smoking tablets (not the ziaban becuase they cause psycosis) but the other ones which are supposed to be better

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I should. I really should. But only a week's notice? [And, seriously, it's a terrible time in my life] I'll give it some thought, I promise.

I've quit like ten times. Hopefully #11 coming soon.

BTW, how to you smoke in NYC? I thought you had to go to Jersey to smoke now.

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've been planning and thinking about stopping for a few months now.
I was planning on stopping since i lit my first cig! I wish u all the luck:redface:.
And I shall give u all the support u need:smile:.
I wonna quit it too! I hate the smell, I hate the feeling, I hate all about cigs, but still, the first thing I do when i wake up is to light 1!!!

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Update

I have had to delay a week. As I said my parents were due to go home last Friday and I wanted to wait until after they had gone. Unfortunately my Mother was ill and my Father had to travel home alone last Friday. My Mother is staying on an extra week so I decided to delay my stopping by a week.

So if anyone was thinking of joining me you still have a week.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Good luck all. Coming up on 4 months smoke free here. It feels great to take really deep lungfuls of air!

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
That's great. Well done :smile:
Thanks! I tried a few times before and it was "so hard" and I failed and I procrastinated. It was never the right time and I would always do it "next week". Finally i was like F... it, and just got thru the first couple days and it was easy.

Good luck. You can do it.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks! I tried a few times before and it was "so hard" and I failed and I procrastinated. It was never the right time and I would always do it "next week". Finally i was like F... it, and just got thru the first couple days and it was easy.

Good luck. You can do it.

Thanks Vince. I know it seems like a daft excuse for putting it off a week but I know I will be cranky and it's not fair to subject my elderly parents to that. Especially when they live so far away and I only see them twice a year. :wink:

I am pretty determined and mentally geared up this time. I'll use this week to drastically cut down.

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
As I've said in other posts, a lot of it is down to mental attitude. People who decide they're stopping tend to be more successful than those who try to stop.

If you feel the cravings try to find something to distract you. Doing something fiddly with your hands that you have to concentrate on for the first few days does help, you know, something like building models or painting.

Good luck with it. I hope it goes well.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
THough I dont smoke I want to wish you the best in your attempt at stopping. After having seen my father, two uncles, an aunt and now my mother die or dying from respiratory disorders or cancer I say to anyone especially those I care about, "PLEASE STOP SMOKING" We love you, Davey. We want you around to be a cranky old curmudgeon.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
When you get a craving, take three really deep breaths and hold each one for a few seconds. It helps the craving pass.

D_Rawkesbye Deadheade

Experimental Member
Media
I don't smoke so I don't have any tips on quitting but would like to show my support anyway. I wish you, Davey, and all of you who are working on quitting smoking the best of luck and all the strength you need to overcome your addiction.

See you on the healthier side soon! :wink:

B_Lightkeeper

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I haven't smoked in almost 20 years. I quit "cold turkey" because I made up my mind that I wanted to. No patches, pills or fake smokes (like they have out today.)

Good luck to you. I doubt you'll ever regret quiting - only that you didn't do it sooner!

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well for a variety of reasons this did not happen.

My partner stopped last week. We discussed it and decided we should not both stop at the same time. He's done absolutely brilliantly. He's been a bit argumentative a couple of times but I completely blanked it.

Now he has his first week under his belt I'm stopping tonight.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well for a variety of reasons this did not happen.

My partner stopped last week. We discussed it and decided we should not both stop at the same time. He's done absolutely brilliantly. He's been a bit argumentative a couple of times but I completely blanked it.

Now he has his first week under his belt I'm stopping tonight.

I'm sorry but did you and P think if you both stopped at the same time you would kill each other ? LOL! Having seen people smoke while on oxygen I can't imagine what that must be like. I hope you all are not doing this cold turkey, are you?

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm sorry but did you and P think if you both stopped at the same time you would kill each other ? LOL! Having seen people smoke while on oxygen I can't imagine what that must be like. I hope you all are not doing this cold turkey, are you?

We did worry that we'd row :smile:

We've a variety of things. Lozenges, gum and a plastic ciggie you put cartridges in. To be honest though P has used them very little.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
We did worry that we'd row :smile:

We've a variety of things. Lozenges, gum and a plastic ciggie you put cartridges in. To be honest though P has used them very little.

Good for him! I wonder what makes some people able to just stop and others have such a hard time? It has to be more than just self discipline....

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Good for him! I wonder what makes some people able to just stop and others have such a hard time? It has to be more than just self discipline....

I think it must be the mental approach to it. If you are dreading it and expect the worst it's probably what you will get. If you approach it positively and look at all the benefits of stopping you'll probably succeed.