Anyone want to commit to stop smoking with me?

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm really chuffed to be able to now post that I've now made my first week. :smile:

It's starting to become a bit less of an issue already. :wink:

I'm so proud of you. I wish I had your willpower! I'm going to have a ciggy and glass of wine to celebrate your milestone!

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Getting very close to 2 weeks now and it's getting easier every day. :smile:

My sense of smell and taste is getting stronger each day.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
way to go D!

keep it up...here's another tip, have a meal you really love (perhaps your favorite dish, or your favorite restaurant)...to celebrate the 2 week mark...the money you have saved from smoking will pay for the meal, and the food will taste 10 times as good now that you can really taste it!

between the two of you, it is probably $140 savings over the past two weeks (at least...i am calculating a pack a day each at $5 USD per pack) , so go have a great celebratory meal, with a great bottle of wine and have a grand time :smile:

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
way to go D!

keep it up...here's another tip, have a meal you really love (perhaps your favorite dish, or your favorite restaurant)...to celebrate the 2 week mark...the money you have saved from smoking will pay for the meal, and the food will taste 10 times as good now that you can really taste it!

between the two of you, it is probably $140 savings over the past two weeks (at least...i am calculating a pack a day each at $5 USD per pack) , so go have a great celebratory meal, with a great bottle of wine and have a grand time :smile:

Thanks Flashy. Based on 3 packs a day between us we have only saved €3 a day. That said we are working on what we will save when we return to the UK in a couple of weeks time. That will be £18 a day or £136 a week :eek: We'll celebrate there as it will be a good few weeks in and smoking is banned everywhere in public in the UK so it seems more fitting.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks Flashy. Based on 3 packs a day between us we have only saved €3 a day. That said we are working on what we will save when we return to the UK in a couple of weeks time. That will be £18 a day or £136 a week :eek: We'll celebrate there as it will be a good few weeks in and smoking is banned everywhere in public in the UK so it seems more fitting.

ah yes...i forget you told me how cheap the cigs were where you are at the moment...so that is still 42 Euros...which is certainly enough for a nice bottle of wine to go along with a nice dinner :smile::wink:

(and imagine the savings in the UK over the course of the year...you are looking at about 6,500 pounds or so roughly)

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well that is two and a half weeks now. The last couple of days have been really tough. I think it is because we are having a few days away and have been going out more at night. All that aside neither of us have given in.

Onwards and upwards :biggrin1:

lopo2000

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I heard it helps that to substitute the tobacco cravings, you could chew gum that has tobacco flavor. Maybe this can help you further quit smoking...

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Continue onward, D!

NCbear (who's still confused about the name change :cool:)

Thanks NC. I just fancied a change as the other was boring.

I heard it helps that to substitute the tobacco cravings, you could chew gum that has tobacco flavor. Maybe this can help you further quit smoking...

Thanks Lopo. I have that gum but I'm trying to not use it and get rid of the tobacco completely.

got_lost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Oh wow well done!
You're doing so well.

I have to admit to not having as much trust in myself as that so I've cheated!

Yesterday I was hypnotised and so far so good. Actually feel quite ambivalent about smoking though keep wondering what the hell to do with my hands and what to do with all this spare time.

Keep up the good work!
x

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Oh wow well done!
You're doing so well.

Yesterday I was hypnotised and so far so good. Actually feel quite ambivalent about smoking though keep wondering what the hell to do with my hands and what to do with all this spare time.

Keep up the good work!
x
Oh that's great news K! Good for you. It's not so hard really. I've been wondering if all talk about smoking being so hard to quit is part of dirty rotten plot by "Big Tobacco" to keep us hooked!

I did the hypnotism thing and it worked a treat. When get a craving, take three deep long breaths. The craving will pass.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Oh wow well done!
You're doing so well.

Keep up the good work!
x

Good luck to you too K8.

I've noticed a big improvement in my breathing so today I set off on a quite vigorous and rather epic walk. I enjoyed it so much I'm thinking of doing the same walk again tomorrow.

Any exercise will help your breathing improve more quickly.:wink:

Oh that's great news K! Good for you. It's not so hard really. I've been wondering if all talk about smoking being so hard to quit is part of dirty rotten plot by "Big Tobacco" to keep us hooked!

I think you may have something there. The cravings last no time at all. :smile:

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
How goes it Davey boy?

this should be the 4 week mark roughly...hit us with the good news!!!

cdunstan1

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hey, sorry I’m late to the party. I just stumbled over this thread. I’ll be tobacco-free for 7 years on 26 May and wish I could have helped you guys along. There’s one benefit that hasn’t been mentioned and might encourage you to hang in for another few weeks. After about 2 months of no nicotine, your penis will start to, ahem, thank you. Multiple times a day. Sometimes when it’s appropriate (as in “Dude, you can’t want to fuck me again. We’ve already done it 4 times today”. :mad: ) And sometimes not so much (I don’t know if the worst experience was getting a chubby in a packed subway car :eek5: or making a presentation at work to the board of directors! :eek5:)

Seriously (not that the above paragraph wasn’t), congratulations and good luck to everyone who participated. If you don’t succeed, when I finally quit for good in 2003 it was like my 37th attempt. It’s not easy but it’s so worth it. :smile: