Anyone want to commit to stop smoking with me?

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
After having quit over and over again, for years at a time and discovering that the cravings never go away, I finally gave up trying to quit my habits and now I vape ecigs, as many people have seen on cam. It satisfies my cravings and I know that I'll never smoke again. I don't even desire cigarettes any more, just ecigs. I've been vaping for about 8 months now!

You remind me of a guy I used to work with. He'd been off them for well over ten years by the time I met him. He used to sit in the smokers' tea room every break, inaling deeply. He would never accept a cigarette when offered. I once asked him if he still felt the cravings and he just snarled, "Yes, all the time!"

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You remind me of a guy I used to work with. He'd been off them for well over ten years by the time I met him. He used to sit in the smokers' tea room every break, inaling deeply. He would never accept a cigarette when offered. I once asked him if he still felt the cravings and he just snarled, "Yes, all the time!"

My triggers were always bars, coffee, tea, and alcoholic drinks. The other things I used to enjoy with cigarettes were always my triggers and after a few drinks, especially surrounded by the smell of cigarettes, the taste of beer, and the sound and environment of a bar, I'd lose the willpower to resist and end up smoking again, even after years of going without cigarettes.

One of the problems with nicotine substitutes like patches and gum is that the imprint isn't just a desire for nicotine, I desire the other habits associated with smoking, such as holding a cigarette shaped device in my hand, the flavor of tobacco, and the rhythm of inhaling and exhaling a substance that is smoke-like. eCigs fulfill those needs so successfully that I haven't craved a cigarette since I began.

I know that nicotine imprinted those triggers on me, but the desire never went away and will probably never disappear. Now that I vape nicotine containing flavors in ecigs, I believe that imprint has been altered and now I no longer crave tobacco flavors hardly at all, unless I am drinking coffee or beer or scotch, but other ecig flavors now.

Nhaler sells liquids with vitamin C, reishi extracts, and other substances that have been suggested by various medical studies to prevent lung tumors. The idea is that by vaping these substances directly into one's lungs, one may undo or prevent oneself from dying from the harmful effects of years of smoking. Their pear, pomegranate, watermelon, and green tea flavors are delicious, too.

Tasty Vapor sells nicotine liquid for ecigs that taste amazing. Their version of Atomic Fireball, German Chocolate Cake, Cloves (custom blend with honey for sweetness), and Butterfingers also satisfy one's cravings for sweets. I don't crave chocolate when I vape a chocolate flavor, likewise with the other flavorings, so it may help keep one's weight down, stay away from sweets, and thereby also extend one's life by keeping a healthier diet via vaping. This phenomenon has been noted by other vapers also.

I began smoking when I was 15 years old, and I would be still struggling with that addiction if it were not for ecigs. There are so many amazing success stories on the ecigarette forum from people with three pack a day habits who have succeeded in finally quitting for years after decades of addiction. It drives home the point that while many people do succeed in beating an addiction to tobacco, going cold turkey isn't feasible for many people who would have smoked themselves to death.

I'm convinced that legal actions to prevent the sale of this life-saving technology will be detrimental to the health of those like me who have had difficulty staying off of tobacco entirely.

I don't want to discourage anyone from going cold-turkey. I commend anyone for whom that method works! I wish it worked for me. For those for whom cold-turkey does not work, there is another option, at least at the moment.

Last edited:

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I haven't read all nine pages, but I used to smoke a pack a day until my ex complained and said she wanted me to quit. So, I made her a deal. Every time I had the urge to smoke, we'd have sex. Not to completion (I can't seem to orgasm more than twice a day), but until the craving went away.

She agreed and that was the very last time I smoked. Never got cranky once and I tried and failed to quit several times prior. Definitely the most fun I had quitting anything.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yesterday was the 2 month mark for me. We spent the weekend visiting friends in Glasgow. They invited all our old pals over to catch up and they all smoke. It was a huge tester for us.

The weather was amazing for the time of year and we spent a lot of time in the garden. Later on the first night we all went inside when it got quite cold. At one point there were 14 of us in the lounge and Paul and I were the only two not smoking. It was actually a nice feeling to be there and not want to smoke.:smile:

I'm going to back off from this thread now as I feel the smoking habit is cracked and part of history. It's no longer an issue but if anyone else is stopping and needs support I'm always happy to help.

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Good on you, CS. That can't have been easy for you.

For me, the absolute worst thing about stopping was that I became aware of the smell of cigarettes for the first time. I grew up in a smoking houshold, so everything always smelt of cigarettes and I'd smoked or hung around with smokers for most of my adult life, and then suddenly, I wasn't surrounded by smoke. One of the best things about the smoking ban now is not having to wash all my clothes immediately when I get home from the pub.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well today is 6 months since I stopped. The time has just flown by. I don't find myself hating smoke nor do I get many cravings. It seems to mean nothing to me either way.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hey!!! Congratulations to you!!!!! It's been almost three years since I stopped. I hate it now! Not the people who smoke, just being trapped in a vehicle or a room with it!

WAY TO GO!!!!! Yay!

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
We went on honeymoon 11 days ago and the first night there in the bars I bought a pack of smokes. For the rest of the week I smoked full time. Paul had a couple each night. We left the Island Monday night and as I entered the airport I put my cigs and lighter in the bin. It's not bothered me since.

I can put my hand on my heart and say that people smoking around me has not been an issue. I hope it continues not to be. I honestly feel I have cracked my habit. To smoke a whole week on holiday then stop dead proves to me I am in control and not the ciggies ;)

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
CS wooooooooow! I`m such a heavy smoker I`ll die with a cig in my mouth!
But I fucking hate smoking!