Anyone watch the Sarah Conner....

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes, I am a sucker for that sort of thing. The Terminator premise is a great device for a story. I hope they can sustain it for a series. The teenage android was pretty cool, but Sarah Connor needs to actually have some substance behind her random brooding. She seemed a bit soap operish.

"You can dance to it. Its got a good beat. I'll give it a 72."

prince_will

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
i liked it alot...partly because i believe the whole Terminator story and mythology is totally fascinating and interesting. i have no idea how long they can go with this series or even what'll happen.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I admit that I enjoyed it. It wasn't perfect, but with literally nothing on TV worth watching, it gave me a reason to flip it on. The Terminator stories are pretty simple and leave a lot of room for expansion and fun without having to worry about a lot of retconning. I'm glad it didn't suck.

The girl Terminator is weirdly hot, too. Apparently she's from the show "Firefly", which I never really watched (but may have to at some point).

It's got legs... time to see if this baby can move.

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I admit that I enjoyed it. It wasn't perfect, but with literally nothing on TV worth watching, it gave me a reason to flip it on. The Terminator stories are pretty simple and leave a lot of room for expansion and fun without having to worry about a lot of retconning. I'm glad it didn't suck.

The girl Terminator is weirdly hot, too. Apparently she's from the show "Firefly", which I never really watched (but may have to at some point).

It's got legs... time to see if this baby can move.
Yes, the girl terminator is the logical successor to Spock. You can see that story line begin in the first episode. The kid's tendency to objectifiy her as a machine was already starting to be tempered by his recognition of some degree of humanity in her. This opens up a whole range of possiblilities of discovery both for him and for her.

D

deleted105034

I loved it! It retained the desperate, gritty quality of the original.

bobabooey69

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am a huge Terminator fan, and a James Cameron fanboy.
I have to say I was not looking forward to the series, thinking it would be another horrible cash-in like T3.

I am happy to say that the series takes off from Terminator 2 and pretends like Terminator 3 never happened ( brownie points just for that).
The action is good, the acting is solid and so far I am impressed.
Let's hope they keep the momentum going and make a solid series out of this one.

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
I'm genuinely shocked that this has received any positive reviews.

I loved it! It retained the desperate, gritty quality of the original.

The thing I liked about the original movie, was that it was verging on horror. The same futile, desperate and almost apocalyptic feel of 'zombie movies', but because of the seeming invulnerability and relentlessness it had rather than pure mass of numbers and spread of infection. (Does that make sense?)

T2 completely lost that feel for me, but was a semi-decent action flick.

Can/does the series really harbour the same feeling as the first film? :confused::eek:

bobabooey69

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Granted T2 was a different film than the first, but in my mind still one of the best sci-fi actioners of all time. But everyone has their own opinions, and by reading your other posts I do respect your cinematic taste.

EdWoody

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It was okay, it didn't blow me away. Not sure how long they can last on a simple "Terminator finds us, we run away" concept. Hope there's a larger arc coming soon.

Some good points:

1. Lead boy is cute, and is played by the cheerleader's best friend from Heroes. That character was written as gay, but his manager insisted he be straightened up because he was up for this role, and they thought playing gay would damage his chances. How very Victorian. Especially since the boy is gay anyway, so the grapevine says.

2. The show very wisely used the time-travel thing, a core aspect of the concept, to update it to the present day without being too artificial about it.

3. The premise also requires the frequent appearance of well-built muscular men with large weapons, and the established nudity clause whenever there's time-travel. Both very good things.

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There was a couple of promos tonight for the show. In one of them, they are getting in the pickup truck to get to safety. As they are getting in, the boy says, "I call shotgun". And the kickbutt terminator girl says, "I call 9 millimeter".

In another promo, the boy is just coming into the house and Sarah says ti him, "How was your day at school.". The boy answers, "Well, I didn't get killed and she didn't kill anyone. Pretty good for a first day at school."

This is going to be fun. Same worries about long term viability. But then again, look how long Lost has lasted.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm a big fan of the first two Terminator movies, particularly T2, and a big fan of James Cameron. I thought the third Terminator movie wasn't as bad as some made it out to be. I've been watching the series, but so far, I find that it suffers from the same general suckiness that most television sci-fi/drama suffers from. Lots of cheesiness, poor writing, plot holes, logic gaffes, mediocre FX, etc. I think they could have taken a different direction with this show and made it something pretty interesting, as is... I'm probably going to take it off my DVD-R list after another episode or two.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm genuinely shocked that this has received any positive reviews.

The thing I liked about the original movie, was that it was verging on horror. The same futile, desperate and almost apocalyptic feel of 'zombie movies', but because of the seeming invulnerability and relentlessness it had rather than pure mass of numbers and spread of infection. (Does that make sense?)

Can/does the series really harbour the same feeling as the first film? :confused::eek:

semi-decent action flick??? T2 is probably the greatest action movie ever made. I didn't think the first movie was that effective as a horror film, so I actually much prefer the second over the first, which to me seemed like something of a rehash but at the same time improved in almost every way.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
There was a couple of promos tonight for the show. In one of them, they are getting in the pickup truck to get to safety. As they are getting in, the boy says, "I call shotgun". And the kickbutt terminator girl says, "I call 9 millimeter".

In another promo, the boy is just coming into the house and Sarah says ti him, "How was your day at school.". The boy answers, "Well, I didn't get killed and she didn't kill anyone. Pretty good for a first day at school."

This is going to be fun. Same worries about long term viability. But then again, look how long Lost has lasted.
I am probably being too much of a fanboy--but I am enjoying the ride. THis show is really about the teenagers interactions and coming of age (As if a machine can do that). John (Zack on Heroes) continues to surprise me.

I'm a big fan of the first two Terminator movies, particularly T2, and a big fan of James Cameron. I thought the third Terminator movie wasn't as bad as some made it out to be. I've been watching the series, but so far, I find that it suffers from the same general suckiness that most television sci-fi/drama suffers from. Lots of cheesiness, poor writing, plot holes, logic gaffes, mediocre FX, etc. I think they could have taken a different direction with this show and made it something pretty interesting, as is... I'm probably going to take it off my DVD-R list after another episode or two.

I agree about T and T2. Both were iconic movies.

Remind me NOT to ask what you think of Prison Break! :tongue:

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I watched the first couple of episodes, but the formula is going to be the same and it's far too predictable. There's only so far you can go with the storyline of running from the terminator, with your own guardian terminator and mother. It's almost so f*cked up that it promotes and glamorizes school shootings, this show needs to be stopped before that becomes something that doesn't shock people anymore. I can see the headlines, "Boy shoots classmates, apparently re-enacting Sarah Conner Chronicles episode".