Anyone who thinks that Israel is at fault in this latest flareup is a complete idiot

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Wyldgusechaz, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Wyldgusechaz

Wyldgusechaz New Member

If Palestinian refugees are just that then why isn't the UN assisting them? The UN is all about helping refugees. Interesting that they don't help Palestinians tho. Wonder why that is? Maybe because there is too much mileage to be gained from NOT helping them.

Every man and woman who voted for Hamas (can women even vote in Palestinian elections?) deserves what ever horrible things are happening to them and their families for electing Hamas. If you elect a leadership that lives by the sword, expect to die by the sword.

BTW anyone here in America who has any sort of property ownership and believes in the Palestinian cause should give back their land to the Native Americans. If you don't, go fuck yourself, you are a hypocrite of the worst sort.

2. pym

pym New Member

:kabong:

3. Drifterwood

Gold Member

Goosey - go play golf.

4. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

Israel is at fault in the very fact of creating a RELIGIOUS state, empowering ONE religious people in a land with 5 major contending religions ( Judaism, Greek Orthodox, Christian, Shite and Sunni.- not counting all the varieties christian protestantism )

Sorry... that was a BONEHEAD act of total Zionist idiocy.

ALL the problems they have with the Palestinians are first and foremost rooted in the fundamental inequality inherent in the Jewish state, and the seizing of lands.
    Palestinians voted for Hamas because Israel was NOT making good on their deals with Arafat.

That being said, don't get me wrong... I don't think Israel should be doen away with ornor all the land returned...
    I am simply saying that from our own revolution, to every other civil war in history, the root cause is ALWAYS inequity and lack of representation in governance.

Israel could have had a much better time of it by including non-Jews in their government.

And BTW, Trust me... the US experienced quite a lot of war with the people we took land from. Its just the dumb luck of history that the native americans couldn't get their hands on rockets, C4 and Kaloshinkovs...

#4 Phil Ayesho, Jan 12, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  5. Wyldgusechaz

Wyldgusechaz New Member

I went skiing instead, does that work, although I gotta say I have been working maniacally on my swing and I now have a dead clone of Anthony Kim's. at least in the video training room.

6. Wyldgusechaz

Wyldgusechaz New Member

I guess when the world around you tries to wipe you from the earth due to your religion, you find a place that you can call your own. If you want to practice your religion in Israel peacefully, no one will say a thing. Just try and build a synagogue or church in an Arab state.

Israel retreated from the Gaza and now they have to endure rockets from a land they conquered? Get real. You wouldn't.

7. Wyldgusechaz

Wyldgusechaz New Member

You didn't answer the question: why doesn't the UN assist Palestinian refugees?

And ARAFAT!!!? He stole the Palestinian people blind. He had plenty of chances to build a just peace for his people and get to the business of making the world better for Palestinian children. He did not.

#7 Wyldgusechaz, Jan 12, 2009
  8. midlifebear

Gold Member

Maybe the UN isn't helping the Palestinians because they don't have big penises?

As for the "give back the land to the tribes" idea, that's exactly what will happen with my embarrassing large chunk of north east Nevada in Elko County. My living trust and Will both instruct the executor of my USA holdings sign over the title of all that dirt to the Shoshone and Goshute Tribes. Paper work is all made out with the title company to sign and notarize upon my death. And they get it tax free! Imagine how thrilled all my red-neck free-range cattle ranching neighbors are going to feel when I go take my final nap in the rock orchard. Love it. Love it. Just love it, love it, love it!

9. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    Anyone who doesn't know that the UN does help the Palestinians is a fucking idiot.

Anyone who can't see that there are two sides to this conflict is a fucking idiot.

Phil. Don't waste any more pixels on this fucking idiot.

10. Drifterwood

Gold Member

Thanks Goosey; I have absolutely no consciousness of Anthony Kim. God bless him.

11. Notaguru2

Gold Member

Yes, Israel is at fault, and? They feel as the US did in Iraq; they're justified. Deal with it.

12. musclebutt2

musclebutt2 New Member

Albums:
    Actually, there are numerous news stories documenting how the Harediim or Ultra-Orthodox Jews are driving out more secular Jews in Jerusalem's neighborhoods. They move in as large family units, pool resources and pay higher rents, and change the atmosphere of the neighborhood. Some tactics include harassing secular Jewish women wearing western clothing on the streets.

It doesn't seem like tolerance is a strong point in Israel.

There is so much wrong with this statement where does one even begin? Maybe notaguru is trying to relate the hair length between Israelis and Palestinians with their rockets. Iraq was a bait and switch war, a completely bald faced lie fought for the financial gain of Haliburton and Dick Cheney & Co. You got suckered, now deal with it.

13. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I'm mostly with the OP on this one...I thought this had already been stated, but I've been busy banning minors and removing embedded images I have not had time to read the boards throughly!

14. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

Interesting analysis of the motive for the Iraq War. Cheney sold half of his Halliburton stock options in 2000 for approximately $5 million.

So, he waged an int'l war to inflate the value of the other half of his options? All due respect, that's asinine.

Also, Halli won the contract, over 4 other companies...because they had the low bid.

Looks like a few flaws in your fantasy.

15. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Israel broke the cease fire on November 4th of last year.

16. Wyldgusechaz

Wyldgusechaz New Member

If you youtube, check out his swing. Short, compact, hardly any moving parts and tremendous energy. Very repeatable.

17. Wyldgusechaz

Wyldgusechaz New Member

OK give me the 2 sides>

First accept that Israel is a legal country. Like America is a legal country, like Australia is a legal country and Canada. Now I want to hear the 2 sides.

Here are the 2 sides: Egypt attacks israel, Israel takes the Sinai. Later a bunch of Arabs attack Israel and Israel takes the Gaza and the Golan Heights. Sadat negotiated with Israel, works out a peace plan, the Sinai is returned and Egypt has been at peace with Israel for 30 years. Of course the jihadists murdered a peace maker in Sadat.

Now Israel gives back the Gaza under international pressure and Hamas launches rockets into Israeli civilians. Nice thank you. If I am not mistaken, Germany launched rockets into London and the RAF fought back. If Mexico launched rockets into Houston we would be fighting back. Argentina took some shitty little island and England fought back, even tho the island was 1000s of miles from Great Britain.

Israel is here to stay. Deal with it Arabs. Now develop an economy and schools and hospitals and make it so your kids can have a good life.

18. musclebutt2

musclebutt2 New Member

Albums:
    Actually, there are bigger untruths in your delusion:

Firms with Bush-Cheney ties clinching Katrina deals WASHINGTON (Reuters) — Companies with ties to the Bush White House and the former head of FEMA are clinching some of the administration's first disaster relief and reconstruction contracts in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.
    At least two major corporate clients of lobbyist Joe Allbaugh, President Bush's former campaign manager and a former head of the Federal Emergency Management Agency, have already been tapped to start recovery work along the battered Gulf Coast.
    One is Shaw Group Inc. and the other is Halliburton Co. subsidiary Kellogg Brown and Root. Vice President Dick Cheney is a former head of Halliburton.
    Bechtel National Inc., a unit of San Francisco-based Bechtel Corp., has also been selected by FEMA to provide short-term housing for people displaced by the hurricane. Bush named Bechtel's CEO to his Export Council and put the former CEO of Bechtel Energy in charge of the Overseas Private Investment Corporation.
    Experts say it has been common practice in both Republican and Democratic administrations for policy makers to take lobbying jobs once they leave office, and many of the same companies seeking contracts in the wake of Hurricane Katrina have already received billions of dollars for work in Iraq.
    Halliburton alone has earned more than $9 billion. Pentagon audits released by Democrats in June showed $1.03 billion in "questioned" costs and $422 million in "unsupported" costs for Halliburton's work in Iraq.
    But the web of Bush administration connections is attracting renewed attention from watchdog groups in the post-Katrina reconstruction rush. Congress has already appropriated more than $60 billion in emergency funding as a down payment on recovery efforts projected to cost well over $100 billion.
    "The government has got to stop stacking senior positions with people who are repeatedly cashing in on the public trust in order to further private commercial interests," said Danielle Brian, executive director of the Project on Government Oversight.
    Allbaugh formally registered as a lobbyist for Halliburton subsidiary Kellogg Brown and Root in February.
    In lobbying disclosure forms filed with the Senate, Allbaugh said his goal was to "educate the congressional and executive branch on defense, disaster relief and homeland security issues affecting Kellogg Brown and Root."
    Melissa Norcross, a Halliburton spokeswoman, said Allbaugh has not, since he was hired, "consulted on any specific contracts that the company is considering pursuing, nor has he been tasked by the company with any lobbying responsibilities."
    Allbaugh is also a friend of Michael Brown, director of FEMA who was removed as head of Katrina disaster relief and sent back to Washington amid allegations he had padded his resume.
    A few months after Allbaugh was hired by Halliburton, the company retained another high-level Bush appointee, Kirk Van Tine.
    Van Tine registered as a lobbyist for Halliburton six months after resigning as deputy transportation secretary, a position he held from December 2003 to December 2004.
    On Friday, Kellogg Brown & Root received $29.8 million in Pentagon contracts to begin rebuilding Navy bases in Louisiana and Mississippi. Norcross said the work was covered under a contract that the company negotiated before Allbaugh was hired.
    Halliburton continues to be a source of income for Cheney, who served as its chief executive officer from 1995 until 2000 when he joined the Republican ticket for the White House. According to tax filings released in April, Cheney's income included $194,852 in deferred pay from the company, which has also won billion-dollar government contracts in Iraq.
    Cheney's office said the amount of deferred compensation is fixed and is not affected by Halliburton's current economic performance or earnings.
    Allbaugh's other major client, Baton Rouge-based Shaw Group, has updated its Web site to say: "Hurricane Recovery Projects — Apply Here!"
    Shaw said on Thursday it has received a $100 million emergency FEMA contract for housing management and construction. Shaw also clinched a $100 million order on Friday from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
    Shaw Group spokesman Chris Sammons said Allbaugh was providing the company with "general consulting on business matters," and would not say whether he played a direct role in any of the Katrina deals. "We don't comment on specific consulting activities," he said.

From: USATODAY.com - Firms with Bush-Cheney ties clinching Katrina deals

#18 musclebutt2, Jan 12, 2009
  19. musclebutt2

musclebutt2 New Member

Albums:
    Here's another article outlining Cheney's former companies winning Afghanistan contracts http://www.globalpolicy.org/socecon/tncs/2002/cheneyafghan.htm:
    Brown and Root will take charge of support services including base camp maintenance, laundry services, food services, airfield services, and supply operations, among others. Gale L. Smith, a spokesperson for the U.S. Army Operations Support Command in Alexandria, Virginia refuses to confirm or deny whether Brown & Root would be working on similar bases in Manas, Kyrgyzstan or other sites in Afghanistan and Pakistan to support Operation Enduring Freedom. The new job is one of the first examples of a lucrative, new ten-year contract that Brown & Root won from the Pentagon on December 14, 2001 titled Logistics Civil Augmentation Program (LOGCAP). The contract is what the Pentagon calls a "cost-plus-award-fee, indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity service," which basically means that the federal government has an open-ended mandate and budget to send Brown & Root anywhere in the world to run humanitarian or military operations for profit.
    The Revolving Door
    Halliburton, Brown and Root's parent company, is a Fortune 500 construction corporation working primarily for the oil industry. In the early 1990s the company was awarded the job to study and then implement privatization of routine army functions under Dick Cheney, then secretary of defense.
    When Cheney quit his job at the Pentagon, he landed the job as chief executive of Halliburton, bringing with him, his trusted deputy David Gribbin. The two substantially increased Halliburton's government business until they quit in 2000 when Cheney was elected vice-president, taking multi-million dollar golden parachutes with them. Since then, another former military office and Cheney confidante, Admiral Joe Lopez, former commander in chief for U.S. forces in southern Europe, took over Gribbin's former job of go-between the government and the company, according to Brown & Root's own press releases. Other close friends include Richard Armitage, the assistant secretary of state, who worked as a consultant to Halliburton before taking up his present job.
    Critics charge that this is a classic example of the revolving door between government and big business. Bill Hartung, senior research fellow at the World Policy Institute in New York, says: "Cheney gives new meaning to the term revolving door. If he does not get elected president next, I have no doubt he will return to Halliburton when he leaves the White House."
    And Harvey Wasserman, author of The Last Energy War, says the Brown & Root contracts are a scandal. "The Bush-Cheney team have turned the United States into a family business. That's why we haven't seen Cheney -- he's cutting deals with his old buddies who gave him a multi-million dollar golden handshake," says Wasserman. "Have they no grace, no shame, no common sense? Why don't just have Enron run America? Or have Zapata Petroleum (George W. Bush's failed oil exploration venture) build a pipeline across Afghanistan?"
    And from this CBSnews article http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/04/15/60minutes/main612067.shtml:
    Woodward says there was a lot happening that only key Bush people knew about.

”A year before the war started, three things are going on. Franks is secretly developing this war plan that he's briefing the president in detail on,” says Woodward. “Franks simultaneously is publicly denying that he's ever been asked to do any plan.”

For example, here's Gen. Franks’ response to a question about invading Iraq, in May 2002, after he's been working on war plans for five months: “That’s a great question and one for which I don’t have an answer, because my boss has not yet asked me to put together a plan to do that.”

But according to Woodward, the general had been perfecting his war plan, and Vice President Dick Cheney knew all about it. Woodward reports that Cheney was the driving force in the White House to get Saddam. Cheney had been Secretary of Defense during the first Gulf War, and to him, Saddam was unfinished business – and a threat to the United States.

In his book, Woodward describes Cheney as a "powerful, steamrolling force obsessed with Saddam and taking him out."

"Colin Powell, the secretary of state, saw this in Cheney to such an extent, he, Powell, told colleagues that ‘Cheney has a fever. It is an absolute fever. It’s almost as if nothing else exists,’”
    I guess you are also aware that while serving under Nixon, Ford, Bush Sr. and Bush Jr., Cheney consistently lobbied to expand private contracts providing logistical support to the military? How convenient that he had a company that provided exactly that service.

#19 musclebutt2, Jan 12, 2009
  20. Zonklish

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Indeed. If the point was to enrich Halliburton, they could have made infinitely more by lifting the sanctions on Saddam and jumping into bed with him by rebuilding Iraq's oil industry and selling oil hand over fist, not bothering with invasion and all the attendant mess.

Draft saved Draft deleted