Anyone with prior military experience?

M

Mr Ed in Mass

well, not to be a smart ass, but if i was talking to you how would you know if i was calling you a CB or SEABEE. They are phonetically identical. and as a final ruling, seabees do work in construction batallions and in official command heirarchy, nowhere is seabee mentioned. It is construction batallion. Thank you (thadjock, mredinmass, cigarbabe) for destroying a perfectly good thread with gradeschool nonsense. My apologies to the OP for this foolishness that doesn't relate to anything. Everyone take a deep breath, and enjoy the videos i posted above.

Hey Packing, You're absolutely right,I didn't mean to go on a tear,but I'm very defensive of the military and will defend it.I know I should have let it go,hopefully next time I will.Both Cigarbabe and I apologize to the Op and anyone else offended.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh ok then, Hey asshole,Just what we need on here,another fucking know-it-all. The only thing you know about the military is what daddy told you and by playing with your GI Joe.
The OP asked for people who had prior service and who takes over the thread ?, yeah right exactly.
You telling someone about the military is like me telling a mother of 6 about childbirth.
I don't have to defend my wife,and you don't want me to...She knows more about the armed services than you will ever know.Her brother is a full bird [ that's a Colonel dummy] He was in the Navy first.Her Uncle Rick was a SEABEE for 30 yrs and all 8 kids were in the Navy. They would laugh hysterically if you called their father a CB.
I know that you think that you're all grown up and everything,but the mark of a man is one who can learn from others' knowledge and experiences.Mine would probably make you shit your pants.

Reminds me of the shitty fucking logic... since I was (or my dad was) in the military... I know better about the military than you.

It's like hearing from a once loser fry cook at McDonald's telling you he knows better than anyone else on a strategic debt consolidation strategy that the MCD Board of Directors decides upon. STFU.

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
From kids with military parents everywhere I'd like to thank mred and faceking for the personal attacks that belittle me & my knowlege of the military. I guarantee you every kid who has a military parent knows a hell of a lot about the military, how it works, the work that their parents do, the risks involved and the
hardware & nomenclature used. And I'll also guarantee each and every one of us is profoundly proud to have parents willing to make the sacrifice to serve.

I'm sure you'll be disappointed but I didn't have a GI joe, never needed one, I had the real live one living in my house, and yeah I do listen to what my dad tells me about his work, intently, because I seriously care. You calling me names like dummy and asshole doesn't bother me, it says more about you than me. And faceking, it's also telling that you equate military kids to "loser fry cooks" (an especially low blow, since I'm pretty sure there's at least a few military kids who actually work as fry cooks to help out because their military parents are ridiculously underpaid by the country they serve)

I'm not sure why you declared me your enemy since another member wrote a post that backed up everything i said word for word, and you agreed with him, i guess maybe it's because HE's a marine. I never resorted to name calling or telling someone they don't know shit or that they need to go ask their daddy. Maybe you have a problem with gays, maybe as far as you're concerned anybody that hasnt' walked in your boots is an asshole. I dont' know, and i won't assume to know.

you did write some wise words:
"the mark of a man is one who can learn from others' knowledge and experiences"
the question is: Can You?

D_Rod Staffinbone

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
From kids with military parents everywhere I'd like to thank mred and faceking for the personal attacks that belittle me & my knowlege of the military. I guarantee you every kid who has a military parent knows a hell of a lot about the military, how it works, the work that their parents do, the risks involved and the
hardware & nomenclature used. And I'll also guarantee each and every one of us is profoundly proud to have parents willing to make the sacrifice to serve.

i'm also the son of a career military dad (lt. col. air force) it was a big part of our lives, growing up on bases. and even after his retirement, my mom and dad's social lives still revolved around active and retired military people.

as much as i've been against the war in iraq,
i never for one second put the blame on the military guys, who, almost
always, are just doing their job, and putting themselves in harm's way.
often great personal sacrifice from them to serve questionable political
agendas.

the air force has the big guns for air attacks, thank god, most are rarely used in combat,
some have never been used and, if cooler heads prevail, hopefully never will be. my dad always held the naval air force with highest regard. there is a lot
of competition (bragging rights) between the various branches of the u.s.
military, it's a lot like collegiate football competition, but each branch has a
specific, and important, role to serve.

Last edited:

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
why don't we all just cool down in this thread a little huh?

It is regrettable that a thread about the military goes off the rails...when tempers get frayed...

it is understandable when people go bonkers politically about republicans, democrats, stem cells, religious right, abortion etc...

but in threads about the military, i think we should all always take a deep breath and tread carefully, and with a bit of deference...after all...having a great military, and people who participate in it selflessly, be they us, our relatives, friends and spouses, is something that we could not be more fortunate to have in this country...

that we can all agree on! So let's cool this thread down a bit, and keep the really nasty stuff to topics that we truly disagree on, huh? :smile:

the military folks have enough to worry about, staying safe overseas at the moment and on training missions here etc...let's not yell and scream on this forum and insult each other in a thread talking about the best of our boys and girls who serve our country, okay?

normally, i am not this magnanimous, but for those in this thread who have served or had a family member who served, none of this is really as honorable as they are...

when it comes to a military thread like this, let's keep the bile where it really belongs...in our gall bladders. :wink: :biggrin1:

M

Mr Ed in Mass

Thadjock,
I tried to be friendly will you by calling you buddy,you took it upon yourself to be crappy to me and my wife. I'm not taking shit from anyone.I have nothing against you or gays. You don't know my percentage anyway.It had to do with your attitude not your orientation.I did thank your father for his service.
I'm willing to start fresh with you,what do you say? And yes I can.

D_Mylor Mentallydaft

Account Disabled
Media
They would laugh hysterically if you called their father a CB..
no he wouldn't...... you deal with the dummy-o's and the illinformed long enough its just water off a ducks ass

Mine would probably make you shit your pants.
then mine would have made him take em off, and laughed at him while he washed em in the yard with a hose....

to op i left the united stated army special forces 5th group as an 18b in july of 07, i left the employ of the united states gov 9 months ago i due to personal conflicts in the course of duty and numerous injuries as a innerdepartmental leasion for us and them in another country some where yada yada yada, i can sound all cool and spout all my technical shit

dude, i was lost, i had nothing and no one and needed to leave home, so i split, i was in ranger school on leave on 9/11 and went strait out and into spec ops training. i can doo some cool shit. i am never afraid, and i know as soon as i am fit i can get a job with any security or law enforcment agency in the country, i can speak 6 languages and i have been to too many countries to count and paid to be there with my best friends, i know cool top secret stuff about things you can't even imagine and i got a cool chase durer watch and kershaw pocket knife regular military don't get.... and i get to KEEP IT!.... i am a walking talk tv show bad ass. and thats the cool part

bad part is i have 3 bullets in me, i have brain damage from an explosion every single bone or bone group in my body has been broken. i sleep maybe 7 hours a week, and if i do i wake up some times and can't move for an hours cause i am counting the number of times i hear a certin noise or maybe cause i think i smell another person in my bed room and i won't move so i don't give away my position. my phones are bugged and will be till i die, every one i know leaves me cause they are afraid of me, and all that ties into but fails to compair to the fact almost all my friends or dead or some where i can't talk to them, and in the once in a blue moon i sleep i get to see shit no human being should see again....and again. i have been held captaive and i've been tortured and there is a contract on my life in another country. but i'll admit 65-80% of the bad is cause i just HAD to have special forces dealing with uncle sam is like dealing with vegas..... its all a gamble, but like they said, you're gonna spend some time in the sand box... don't believe the bullshit the recruiter says.... you're gonna see the desert, you're gonna get yelled at, you will be humiliated and you will be broken... ohh and you could wind up killing kids and dying. if a collage fund and the shittiest healthcare imaginable is worth that, sign up TODAY, i'll give you a peer recomendation!

but if you wanna prove something, or god forbid, you wanna put foot to ass cause you believe in something, sign your name grab kiss mom good bye and hop on.

ohh and any of the gay shit, naked guys in the shower "what happens in the head stays in the head" bullshit a recruiter that smells dick on your breath is gonna pitch you to get his bonus check, is a fucking LIE, you pull that shit inside and they will hold your soft little hand right up to a training accident. suck a dick on your own time, ain't no buttfucking in the trench

D_Mylor Mentallydaft

Account Disabled
Media
Reminds me of the shitty fucking logic... since I was (or my dad was) in the military... I know better about the military than you.

It's like hearing from a once loser fry cook at McDonald's telling you he knows better than anyone else on a strategic debt consolidation strategy that the MCD Board of Directors decides upon. STFU.

no, its nothing like that, its more like you spend your entire developmental years dealing with hardass with a 1000 yard stare who gets up at 6am to do pt and he explains things to you for years and years untill you understand it.... like when kids are raised by animals, my dad was srt, frogman on the mekong delta jannuary 1968 to augest 1969 he retired a srgent FC in 72. my scout master l.t gene powers, 9 tours viet nam 1959 to 1968 from ka saun to kambodia, green beret's, special forces 62-68.... now, would you like me to tell you what color the boots were in 59? what kinda riffle they carried? maybe how much a god damn 6 pack and steaks cost to barter from the req sarge at the diffrent times of year? i can tell you this, not because i was SF 40 years later, but because i grew up hearing it, EVERY day, people tell their kids shit the training boy at mcdonalds don't tell the squeeky voice little twirp

i have yet to meet any one except a DD puke who didn't take his service career seriously. i split from home knowing more than you'll ever know about the armed services, and i'll forget more on my way to rehab this morning than you'll ever know about it.

M

Mr Ed in Mass

axlx,
I'm sorry and sad to hear that you are in pain.Most people don't know this side of the impact of war.The sleep that doesn't come and when it does,it's met with night sweats and screams in the middle of the night.The ghosts and visions that we live with,the loss of old friends and the not wanting new ones.I'm often misunderstood and yes sometimes feared.
I was in the Cav 11D & 11E2T(recon ) in Viet Nam 70-71 and along the way we lost
almost 20% of our troop.We lost a lot of good men,but we made them pay a heavy price. yes,I've shot at some kids,but a kid with an AK will kill you just as dead.
I don't know how you feel about the Vet Cener or the V.A.,but there are some good people who really care.
After reading your post I realize that I was over the top with Thadjock and I thank you.I never meant to disrespect his family in any way and for that I am truely sorry.I was trying to explain to him the difference between the man and the job but apparently didn't do it very well and got pissed again.As you know,since I was in the Cav, I was a trooper,not a soldier.
I've never met a SF ,but I thank you for your sacrafices.If you need an ear or whatever you know where to find me. Peace...........Ed

Last edited by a moderator:

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
to op i left the united stated army special forces 5th group as an 18b in july of 07, i left the employ of the united states gov 9 months ago i due to personal conflicts in the course of duty and numerous injuries as a innerdepartmental leasion for us and them in another country some where yada yada yada, i can sound all cool and spout all my technical shit

dude, i was lost, i had nothing and no one and needed to leave home, so i split, i was in ranger school on leave on 9/11 and went strait out and into spec ops training. i can doo some cool shit. i am never afraid, and i know as soon as i am fit i can get a job with any security or law enforcment agency in the country, i can speak 6 languages and i have been to too many countries to count and paid to be there with my best friends, i know cool top secret stuff about things you can't even imagine and i got a cool chase durer watch and kershaw pocket knife regular military don't get.... and i get to KEEP IT!.... i am a walking talk tv show bad ass. and thats the cool part

bad part is i have 3 bullets in me, i have brain damage from an explosion every single bone or bone group in my body has been broken. i sleep maybe 7 hours a week, and if i do i wake up some times and can't move for an hours cause i am counting the number of times i hear a certin noise or maybe cause i think i smell another person in my bed room and i won't move so i don't give away my position. my phones are bugged and will be till i die, every one i know leaves me cause they are afraid of me, and all that ties into but fails to compair to the fact almost all my friends or dead or some where i can't talk to them, and in the once in a blue moon i sleep i get to see shit no human being should see again....and again. i have been held captaive and i've been tortured and there is a contract on my life in another country. but i'll admit 65-80% of the bad is cause i just HAD to have special forces dealing with uncle sam is like dealing with vegas..... its all a gamble, but like they said, you're gonna spend some time in the sand box... don't believe the bullshit the recruiter says.... you're gonna see the desert, you're gonna get yelled at, you will be humiliated and you will be broken... ohh and you could wind up killing kids and dying. if a collage fund and the shittiest healthcare imaginable is worth that, sign up TODAY, i'll give you a peer recomendation!

but if you wanna prove something, or god forbid, you wanna put foot to ass cause you believe in something, sign your name grab kiss mom good bye and hop on.

ohh and any of the gay shit, naked guys in the shower "what happens in the head stays in the head" bullshit a recruiter that smells dick on your breath is gonna pitch you to get his bonus check, is a fucking LIE, you pull that shit inside and they will hold your soft little hand right up to a training accident. suck a dick on your own time, ain't no buttfucking in the trench

:eek:

wow...i do not know how i missed this post...but i concur with what Mr. Ed said...

i am sorry for what you have gone (and are going) through, all i can say is i am truly thankful for your service.

thank you, Mr. Green Beret. 5th SF is no joke.

hope things turn out okay for you :smile:

D_Mylor Mentallydaft

Account Disabled
Media
:eek:

wow...i do not know how i missed this post...but i concur with what Mr. Ed said...

i am sorry for what you have gone (and are going) through, all i can say is i am truly thankful for your service.

thank you, Mr. Green Beret. 5th SF is no joke.

hope things turn out okay for you :smile:

dude, don't call me that, axel works i just posted in my blog a few minutes a go that the mr. green beret thing gets thrown on me at the worst times, i'm still real young (feel 97) and most of the company guys tease me about how young i look and no one in public or strangers EVER call me on it, i don't chaw on red man, never had a mustache, but a 300 lb child molestor comes runnin at you like a flabby wrecking ball and you break some wing bones on a running injury waiting for the meds and all of a sudden i'm mr.wepon of distruction , i should go to jail for hitting a man 3 times my size , iced out and and playing trailor court tough guy for his cousin brother and his fieancee aunt sister neice..... your cool till your scary, then people get uncomfortable aroud you... and its my fault, cause its what i wanted, always hated bullies, never wanted to have to worry about one, my dad gave me a copy of tactical science and i can quote it page and verse, then i asked the major (his pd rank) who were the biggest bully stompers and he of course said FROG MEN! thumping his chest, and i said dad i hate blue... and i don't like to swim and just sneared and said, an army puke then. and all i wanted to be was one of the hard asses in the ugly hats, and begged and begged and pleaded for as many nam and current deployment no-brimys peer reccomendations i could get and then 9/11 happened and i sailed through and long story not so long i got my wish, army spent the time and money making me into a weapon that kills or trains other weapons.... and people like a 249 and every one loves a 60... no one wants to have a beer with it if it's woman smashed his truck backing up a hill...... so it has its set backs..... like being shot tourtured blah blah

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i wasn't trying to insult you...

i always thought green berets and special forces in general were pretty amazing...i was attempting in civilian parlance to compliment you and pay my respects...if i said something wrong, please accept my apology.

D_Mylor Mentallydaft

Account Disabled
Media
i wasn't trying to insult you...

i always thought green berets and special forces in general were pretty amazing...i was attempting in civilian parlance to compliment you and pay my respects...if i said something wrong, please accept my apology.

if it weren't for eds posts i'd have never brought it up and ya didn't insult me.... i loved doing it but i have been unarmed in sweat pants and a tshirt both times and held at gun point cause my whore ex's mom screamed the out the side of the double wide shreak from a truck that i was. i haven't worn a ring or had a sticker on a car and when people ask alot of times if they have the dumbshit look to em i just say i was a ranger. but just between you and me, i can catch and cook a rattle snake, then make blow darts with the bones and fangs.... neat huh? lol