Anyone with war injuries ?

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by benderten2001, Aug 13, 2007.

1. benderten2001

Gold Member

NOT wanting to be morbid or disrespectful here in anyway...

But, I've been thinking and thinking A LOT about our military men and women, the personal sacrifices they make every day and have made. So many of them have suffered horrible injuries, physically, emotionally, etc.

And, I've even wondered about their impairments sexually, the unthinkable physical injuries to them, perhaps. --I cannot imagine, can you?

Anyone have any comments, personally or otherwise from acquaintances who have sustained injuries from war and the psychological impact this has had?

Again, I don't mean to make light of this (serious) subject at all. And I hope readers will dispense from responding with jokes or humor. This is a rather solemn topic I know. But, I believe we could have some responses that might help enlighten us; perhaps get us to thinking how we easily take good health for granted-- where "size" would NOT be the least bit important!

I would think that sustaining genital injury would HAVE to impact one emotionally too, let alone the physical aspects. Rehabilitation? ...would have to be quite an ordeal!

2. BigDuder

BigDuder New Member

my brother freaks out sometimes when driving and thinks there are bombs on the side of the road. he also freaked out at a firework display.

3. Eva

Eva New Member

From what I understand, the Fourth of July (in the US) becomes the most hated holiday of war veterans.

4. WhiteZombie

WhiteZombie New Member

Yeah, and the turkeys get pretty upsite around thanksgiving.

That's the most ignorant remark I've ever heard about our nation's vets.

5. wadislaw

wadislaw Active Member

Albums:
    Actually, Eva's not that far off from the truth; I wouldn't use the word "hated", though, but rather "dreaded". The last time I was in Iraq was 2004 (our unit had a rough time, but not nearly as rough as some of my fellow brave servicemembers), and I still cannot take a Fourth of July without having a panic attack. This last fourth I was in Indiana, where they seemingly start setting off personal fireworks in April, and I couldn't take it at all. Not only were the shrieks and booms making me go into the basement, but the whole time I was desparately restraining myself (sadly, sometimes unsuccessfully) from "going drill sergeant" on friends and family when they did things one wouldn't do in the military, i.e., leave without telling anyone, drive without checking out the vehicle first, etc. Not being able to control those outbursts made me feel worse than not being able to watch a fireworks display. It is very, very weird to know what's going on with your body and mind and still not be able to control it, and that loss of control hits my self-esteem harder than anything; I still come close to breaking down whenever I think about it.

I have no physical injuries other than a slight loss of hearing from deployment, which, ironically, my friends and family have a worse time dealing with than my psychological trauma.

All the best,
    -Z

6. BigDuder

BigDuder New Member

7. Eva

Eva New Member

How is it ignorant? I didn't claim any sort of personal knowledge. I didn't offer up any statistics. I offered a thought based on tidbits of information I've heard throughout the years. So how, praytell, was my comment ignorant?

Feel free to answer after you've removed the cactus from your ass.

8. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
  9. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    I don't think you make anything but an observation and one with which a lot of vets would agree, including my brother.

10. zgrog2000

zgrog2000 New Member

I know hundreds of Iraq and Afghanistan veterans and very few of them have any mental issues. I think most everyone is tired of going back every other year but the vast majority have not lost their marbles. The guys and gals I know with "issues" had problems before ever setting foot in the middle east.

Check out this young man. Fighting Back! - Men's Health He doesn't have any issues.

Draft saved Draft deleted