Anypne see the Berkley protest?

SomeGuyOverThere

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Originally posted by madame_zora+Aug 11 2005, 08:03 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(madame_zora &#064; Aug 11 2005, 08:03 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Um, I saw protest signs there. Nudity is a way of getting attention called to what they were doing. I think they were "putting it all out there" to support what they believe in, which is more than most of us do.
[post=334592]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b]

Originally posted by cruztbone@Aug 11 2005, 08:11 PM
Thank you , Madame Zora, for your insight. She correctly makes the point that the protestors were willing to bare all to express our first amendment right (AND DUTY&#33;) to peacefully protest. I would say to all of you who dont understand this to witness comedian George Carlin&#39;s response to the state department&#39;s proposal to let Iraq borrow our constitution: "Why not let them borrow it?
We certainly arent using it at the moment".

God bless George Carlin and Madame Zora. They get it. How about the rest of you?
[post=334599]Quoted post[/post]​

<!--QuoteBegin-ORCABOMBER
@Aug 12 2005, 11:41 AM
Wait, we get a United States of Iraq?..

Anyway, O/T, Zora rules and I do believe that peaceful protest is important, although I&#39;m apathetic to most issues nowadays.
[post=334838]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]

Incase you missed the blurb:

On Saturday, July 23, an impromptu crew of exhibitionists and flashers decided it was a good day to expose their private parts to everyone in Berkeley. In order to avoid possible arrest, they cleverly disguised their public sexual escapade as a political protest. They dubbed the protest "Breasts Not Bombs."

I boldened a few bits just to make sure you saw them.
;)

Thats why I made that comment.

smallman

1st Like
Media
I&#39;m gonna go out on a limb and say that, while it is a good thing that they are comfortable with theirs bodies and willing to risk humiliation for what they believe in; the whole "lets shock the squares mentality" is off by like 36 years. Did you read about USC&#39;s ban on nuditity as a way to stop a student calling himself the "Naked Guy"? Nudity isn&#39;t a political statement anymore, it&#39;s just something you do for shits and giggles.