AOL Poll

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Full_Phil, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Full_Phil

Full_Phil New Member

Many of you may already have seen this on AOL. The two polls don't seem to jibe, however, so I'm guessing a lot of people are only answering onw of the questions.

In your view, is homosexuality a matter of biology, or choice?
    Biology

52%

Choice

33%

Not sure

15%
    Total Votes: 16,411

In your view, is homosexuality immoral?
    No

57%

Yes

43%
    Total Votes: 16,574

2. dong20

Gold Member

Nothing surprising there but it's hard to take anything containing or pertaining to AOL seriously.:smile:

3. D_Humper E Bogart

D_Humper E Bogart New Member

Well I'm a not sure on the first question. (And I use AOL!) Mainly because at the end of the day, I don't give a FUCK about the origin of gays, they are HUMAN and that's all that is important.

I didn't vote on the poll though.

4. B_big dirigible

B_big dirigible New Member

So those are the only two options they could think of, are they?

Not very imaginative.

5. madame_zora

Gold Member

I don't find public opinion on matters of science or biology to be very interesting. I know how stupid most people are. It IS interesting as a poll on my fellow Americans, though. Not a very enlightened bunch.

6. D_Humper E Bogart

D_Humper E Bogart New Member

I always thought it was the well-hung gay demon that did it.

That is not a forked tail!

7. B_big dirigible

B_big dirigible New Member

That's what I mean. Intervention by denizens of either the Pand[SIZE=-1]æ[/SIZE]monium or the Pantheon could be a cause (not one on which I put much weight, but I'm not participating in any AOL polls, either).

Conditioning is another, and, I suspect, possibly the major influence. By conditioning I mean early experience, however gained. There is a fairly well-known case of a Jewish concentration camp inmate who was tortured and sexually assaulted by an NSDAPfrau who wore a rubber raincoat throughout the episode. Afterwards he had a sexual fetish about rubber raincoats. This rubber fetishism was almost certainly not a matter of either genetics or inclination.

Now most aspects of human sexuality are more complex than mere fetishism, but I suspect that conditioning is nevertheless often a strong factor.

8. Heather LouAnna

Gold Member

Albums:
    agreeance. AOL users aren't exactly the most........educated about computers. :T

9. thirdlegmeat

thirdlegmeat Member

It's not surprising that the majority of Americans find homosexuality immoral, considering the the majority of Americans identify themselves as "Christian," and the Bible EXPLICITLY teaches that homosexuality is immoral. :cool:

I'm surprised, however, that so many people opt for the "biological" explanation, considering the argument's evolutionary flaws. I guess that propaganda can be pretty persuasive.

Let's see: Homosexual population in middle America...~0-1%.
    Homosexual population in W. Hollywood...~40%+

Results: Genetic, of course! :biggrin1:

10. Full_Phil

Full_Phil New Member

Oops---better change my provider before the word gets out.

11. Vestigial

Gold Member

In your view, is homosexuality a matter of biology, or choice?
    Both and more. Biology claims the lion's share in this society though.

In your view, is homosexuality immoral?
    Yes, and our morals are wrong.

That said, this creature is adversed by all the labeling... my sexuality does not fit standard definition.

12. HUNGHUGE11X7

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Earth/USA/GA! DEEP IN YOUR THROAT,See vid TO SEE H
    Verified:
    Photo

How do the two polls NOT correlate ?

52% said homosexuality is Biological and 57% say it is NOT immoral. A small portion is going to think the person has no choice in the matter but still define homosexual behavior as "Immoral"

Homosexuality IS biological. There is however situational or opportunistic homosexuality such as being in prison or being raped.

I am glad to see that nearly 60% of the citizens see that homosexuality is NOT immoral and hopefully since our country has recently regained its sanity the number will increase.

People love to argue with Science which mystifies me yet they also argue with NATURE. Many many species in the animal kingdom engage in homosexual sex and even form same sex relationships .
    Did God fuck up with the animals too like he did with the degenerates ?
    You ask the fundies this and you get this blank look of expression and the all too ubiquitous reponse "Dont question God" !
    Since this is true in the animal kingdom is it not NATURAL ? If something is NATURAL how can it be defined as Immoral ? I know I know LOGIC eludes people who denounce Science as Science fiction.

People would not choose pain and the threat of being ostracized just to aggravate the hoi polloi and to suggest otherwise is cruel to people you claim to love.

:banana:
    HORSE

Draft saved Draft deleted