Apollo 14 astronaut claims aliens HAVE made contact...

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Last edited:

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
And Rubi, if you like that you might want to check out "Out of the Blue" on google videos, its about 90 minutes or so.

Gotta say again, Skull ... intriguing stuff.
I especially was impressed by the French report, but the whole thing has to make one willing to take the matter seriously.
You know, I once interviewed Stanton Friedman (not on the subject of UFOs, but on the possibility of time travel), and also, 11 years ago on its 50th anniversary, some people who witnessed the Roswell incident.
I think one could write a damn fine novel on the whole matter.
(Tell me, dear Skull o' mine, has such a novel already been written? Maybe 50 have. Let Rubi know, Skullster.)

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Phil, is that the kind of shit you would say if you were in ancient mesopotamia and a local stone mason told you the earth was round, or that Earth actually went around the Sun? You said yourself you believe there is life out there, so if there is, do you really think they are as lazy, self centered, and money hungry as we are? Were all past civilizations on Earth based upon money and power? Is that how the native americans lived? Why do you think any intelligent civilization out there would be anything like us? I guess you haven't read about Planet Serpo, they didn't even have money on their planet...

Serpo.org - The Zeta Reticuli Exchange Program

Skull- sorry to be tardy in my reply... I missed your post.

The Ancient Greeks determined not only that the earth was round, but fairly accurately calculated its circumference... and they did so simply by paying close attention and verifying their facts.

As to the mistake of thinking the sun went around the earth... that was actually an understandable mistake. The only two spherical celestial objects that could be observed with the naked eye, the Sun and the Moon... DO NOT VISIBLY ROTATE.

IF the moon had not been tidally locked and always shown the exact same face to the earth... if the moon had visibly rotated... then the Idea of the earth rotating might have occured to them.

As to being as lazy and money hungry as we are...

Evolution says, yes... they will be precisely as lazy and money hungry as we are. If they have a technological society, then the aliens who create that technology will realize that their labor is more valuable to that society than the alien who works as the postman.

Just a evolving species compete both within their own species , and with other species for resources, for food and for survival... any space aliens would have had to run the exact same gauntlet as we have to arrive at a technological intelligence.

I am not saying they would not be willing to come here... I am saying that, no matter how their economy is arranged... doing so would be staggeringly expensive.

They would need a compelling purpose to come here.... to be able to convince the majority of their space aliens that it was worth the effort.

It is impossible to believe that such an intelligence would come all that way and NOT make themselves known.
There is simply no feasible explanation for an intelligent alien culture to behave in the manner UFO freaks claim.
If they were coming to conquer us... any people who can travel between stars would not have the slightest difficulty knocking us aside.

If they are not trying to Take the earth... then what possible thing could we have to offer them?

Contact.... that's what.

As to native Americans... I have a lot of in depth knowledge on that matter... I can tell you that the modern mythology of the nobel savage living in harmony with nature is just that... Myth.

In point of fact, the Native Americans were warlike and avaricious. They conducted wars of acquisition and genocide upon other tribes and even between clans of the same tribe. And were doing so for a LONG time before westerners arrived.

The hunter gatherers had already knocked off every large land animal on the continent... and the only reason the buffalo were so plentiful was that , prior to the arrival of the horse, there was no way that a band of natives could SURVIE on the open prairie... they lived around the edges of the prairie, hoping the buffalo would come within stampeding off a cliff range.

The advent of the horse enabled them to sweep across the prairies... and they were doing a fine job of decimating the buffalo herds, all on their own, before White encroachment sped the process up.

The Anasazi famously burnt up all the forests within hiking distance of their villages... and then had to abandon the villages for a place closer to the forest they were stripping.
But even more telling... the Anasazi's deforestation CHANGED the entire weather pattern in their lands...resulting in the desert we see now, and their own demise as a culture.

Do not forget that the avaricious, despotic, gold hungry empires of the Inca, Aztec, Maya, and Olmec were ALSO native Americans.

And even everybody's favorite... the be-feathered plains indians, had a cutture, at the end, entirely founded on the wealth of horse ownership.
Cheifs were little more than men who owned large herd of horses... which they "leant out" to less fortunate tribe member... in exchange for political and council loyalties and influence.

Native Americans were as greedy as a nomadic stone age culture CAN be.

And Native Americans did as much damage to the environment as their technology allowed.

Darwin rules. Space Aliens, if they are out there, had to evolve... Just like us. No matter what they look like...they will be more like us than you imagine.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Isaac Asimov's universe is an interesting foil for thinking about these things. It is especially interesting because in it, he classifies the Earth system where humans came from as being particularly unique.

How common are single-star solar systems with Jupiter-like planets at distances as far from their suns as Jupiter is from our sun? How necessary are such space-debris vaccuum planets to the survival of smaller neighboring planets

How common are rocky planets that have a single, large moon relative to their own size that sit right in the optimal position from their sun and contain a very high water content in those solar systems?

How common are planets covered in water at all?

I think all of these are answerable questions, and they interest me. I think planets and moons covered in water are very common--we have quite a few right here in our own solar system.

Anyway, I'm on a tangent. I have no reason to believe we have or have not been visited by intelligent alien life. I'd like to believe we have, but as a scientist (to relate to that topic), I am skeptical by nature.

I will say that my skepticism stems at least in part from the artificial intelligence we've already created and will further advance in the future. It seems to me that artificial intelligence will inevitably be the interstellar traveler in the foreseeable future (I mean, it already really is... just look at Phoenix).

And a major problem I have with "sightings" is that they're almost always about grays, which are supposedly not artificial intelligence (though I suppose they might be). What's the motivation for such beings to come here themselves in small numbers? Why wouldn't they observe us from a distance or use artificial intelligence and robots to explore us instead? It just doesn't make sense to me.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Me neither...
as to AI...
Its all hype.

Not that we won't eventually be able to make a "self aware" machine... just that there will be little or no market for such a machine.

The difference between what is possible for humans to do and what they actually do is the difference between what human being will and won't BUY.

Can we make a flying car? Sure... but no matter what happens in the future a flying car will be complex enough to be essentially the same price as a helicopter. And no technological breakthru will alter the physics that says it takes a hellofalot more energy to suspend something in midair, than to roll it around on the ground...
Can we afford for our transportation cost to go up that much?
No. no one will pay for it.

Proof? we HAVE planes. but our cargo still travels predominantly by SHIP... a five thousand year old technology. Even though ships still take weeks to get to port...you can not beat the cost of floating across the ocean with a little propeller shoving you along.

Similarly... would the consumer public buy a Toaster that was self aware?
DO I want to deal with my own guilt and my appliances' resentment over what must amount to my enslavement of them to my purposes?

Any revolt of the machines could so easily be put down by literally flipping the power switch...

No... I can not believe in a 'race' of AI because no one would buy such things and without a market there will be no money to make them.

What is far more believable is a future world where we apply that technology to OURSELVES.
I can readily see people lining up to buy an implant that would give them android-like powers and functionality.
I can see athletes willing to compromise their health to have steel laced bones and a supplementary circulatory pump.

Biotechnology... not the least of which will be genetic manipulations... is where we will go because people are SELF interested and they will pay to enhance themselves or their children.

They won't pay to create something far smarter than themselves...

People read fantasy and scifi literature... see movies, in which the problems of astrogation and propulsion between stars are dealt with in a single line of text...

But in truth... no one has seen the slightest whiff of a way around relativistic physics.
No theoretical framework for a hyperspace drive...

The abundance of ambiguous 'evidence' for UFOs, contrasted with the absolute absence of Clear evidence for same... in a world now replete with video and still cameras in which the most unlikely events are captured in perfect clarity... argues compellingly for the fact that the spaceships are NOT here.

Nothing is not evidence of it being "possible".
It is literally evidence of nothing.

Last edited:

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sits and ponders why we never went back to the moon. I will tell you why. Someone told them. Get the fuck out of here. Most of the astronauts are basket cases because of the things they saw.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Word, we stopped going to the moon real quick after all those "to the moon!" cries about putting up a base there. Something put an end to that swiftly...

If an alien presence traveled through interstellar space, where do you think an optimal place to set up shop would be? Maybe on a side of the moon that never faces us? A place no humans can see them? Has anyone here been to the moon? Does anyone here know anything about what goes on above or below the 30 or so feet from sea level that we inhabit on a daily basis?

It would make sense they set up their operation there, and then send their little flying saucers down here to earth to snag a couple humans and run some tests. Most people get have their knee jerk reaction "oh alien bases on the moon ha yeah right crazy I tell you!", but is it? How would you go about doing it?

And as to not disturbing us and letting their presence known, do scientists announce their presence when studying the bird of paradise? When studying a group of lions do the scientists introduce themselves first?

And Darwin may rule on this earth, but it is naiive to think that its the rule everywhere. Yes, everyone and everything evolves, but if we are talking about a civilization that is 1,000s or 1,000,000s (or 1,000,000,000s!) of years older than us, then they have evolved far beyond what Darwin can explain. And an alien who develops technology would recognize that their work is more valuable then the alien postman's work? Alien economies? These are the reasons everything is fucked up here on this planet and we are headed toward destruction. If a civilization has evolved far enough to travel interstellar space, then they probably have evolved to a point where money does not exist, nor economies.

Hey, maybe they all actually work together for the greater good of their species? Like ants. Darwin's theory of evolution currently has us on the path to World War III. Going the way we are we will never evolve far enough to get off this planet.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This to me is one of the most interesting topics out there. The unanswered questions of who we are. Who really were our ancestors. The missing link in how we evolved as a species. Who perhaps created the many gods we as human beings often worship. WE ARE NOT ALONE.