apologies if I'm slow to respond to PMs and threads...

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's been a very exhausting couple of weeks, and I'm getting a bit backlogged in responding to several posts and especially some of the PMs I've received.

We had guests here all last week, my partner's father was hospitalized last Thursday, and his father died this afternoon... yes, on Christmas day.

So, I spent last week playing happy host, spent the weekend helping Tawse get ready for the trip to see his parents (which has been planned for a couple of months), and making sure he got to the airport on time Monday morning. Since 2 this afternoon, I've been making phone calls to my family and our friends, and sending emails to people whom I think should know.

I don't have any personal grieving to do; I never met his father. But it's tearing me up that I'm not there with him when I think he needs me. I wanted to fly out there, but he said no, he will see me when he gets back.

Please go easy on me if I've neglected a response to anyone who deserves one!

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It's been a very exhausting couple of weeks, and I'm getting a bit backlogged in responding to several posts and especially some of the PMs I've received.

We had guests here all last week, my partner's father was hospitalized last Thursday, and his father died this afternoon... yes, on Christmas day.

So, I spent last week playing happy host, spent the weekend helping Tawse get ready for the trip to see his parents (which has been planned for a couple of months), and making sure he got to the airport on time Monday morning. Since 2 this afternoon, I've been making phone calls to my family and our friends, and sending emails to people whom I think should know.

I don't have any personal grieving to do; I never met his father. But it's tearing me up that I'm not there with him when I think he needs me. I wanted to fly out there, but he said no, he will see me when he gets back.

DC, you are one of my favourite posters here. I hope that you and your partner Tawse are able to get through this challenging, grieving time with grace, security and comfort for each other and any one needing support within your sphere of family. The loss of a parent is a one of the most challenging events we experience. I leaned on my partner with gratitude and grew even closer as a result. Your time together with Tawse on this will likely still come to be. This kind of change is so profound, it resonates for a really long time. The funeral rites are one type of passage. Many other passages and adjustments may follow in the coming months and years.

Best wishes to your family and you at this time.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The way you phrased this thread just proves what a kind, caring, wonderful man you are. To make a thread to apologize to us for not keeping up with your PMs and threads when you're going through so much-- that's just too kind and too classy. My admiration of you never ceases to grow.

And-- I'm so sorry about the loss of your partner's father. Being there for him in the ways that he needs is the best thing you can do. Losing a parent is awful. Please give him my condolences.

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
DC,
I am very sorry to hear about your partner's father. I hope he finds comfort in the midst of his family at a time like this. As for us, don't think twice about putting your loved ones first and your Internet friends second.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Sorry to hear about your partner's father. That's awful. The holidays can be stressful enough without something like that happening.

I hope things look up for both of you in 2008.

SG

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
My thoughts are with you, DC.
Really, you had obvious duties with Tawse's situation -- and then you are considerate enough to take a moment to forestall any misunderstanding 'out here' when you have the nth degree of distraction in your immediate life -- oh DC, you've been marvelously thoughtful.
Best wishes to you and Tawse over the next little while.
I'm sure you'll both come out fine.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The way you phrased this thread just proves what a kind, caring, wonderful man you are. To make a thread to apologize to us for not keeping up with your PMs and threads when you're going through so much-- that's just too kind and too classy. My admiration of you never ceases to grow..

What she said, and then some.

If I ever get back up to the capitol, I'm buying you a Scotch.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The way you phrased this thread just proves what a kind, caring, wonderful man you are. To make a thread to apologize to us for not keeping up with your PMs and threads when you're going through so much-- that's just too kind and too classy. My admiration of you never ceases to grow.

And-- I'm so sorry about the loss of your partner's father. Being there for him in the ways that he needs is the best thing you can do. Losing a parent is awful. Please give him my condolences.[/quote]

<---- what she said
I am so sorry. Please extend my condolences to Tawse.

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
DC, I have always been impressed with your threads and postings, and your thread of today to your brothers and sisters here at lpsg, proves that you are, as snoozan said earlier, a kind and classy guy.

It is always difficult to know what to do when your partner loses a family member, especially when you do not know that family member personally. I have been through the same thing and I believe you have done the right thing to be there to support and to let him decide how he wants to handle it. Just let him know you are there, love him, and sink into the background and let him grieve.

I send my sincere condolences to Tawse, and you.

When you feel like returning, we all will be happy to hear from you. But, now is the time to be there for Tawse...he is what's important now.

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
DC Deep, I'm in the Dead Dads Club too and it sucks. I send my heart out to your partner and you and your family. Take it easy and make sure your partner gets plenty of support.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

DC, you need agroup hug, a great meal, and a hot bath. So does hubby. Much love and cheer to you both, now and always!

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thank you all for your kind words. I'll be able to pop in from time to time, but it will be a while before I'm able to do more than skim the threads and check PMs.

JustAsking, thank you, but keep in mind that there are quite a few on this forum who actually have become part of my "family." There are a few whom I have met, and have been guests in my home, and a few whom I have not met, but with whom I have become very close online and on the phone.

Cigarbabe, if you see this: thanks, and I love you!

As a bit more of an explanation, Tawse and I fell in love way back in 2001; moved in together in 2002. Two days after we moved in together, he had to leave for a one-week training for work, 600 miles away. The very next morning after he left, I got the call that my Mom had died - so we had the frustration of being apart then (and I had the hassle of trying out the brand-new TSA security in the airports flying back.) My Dad died in June of this year; a good friend of ours lost his Dad last month; now this one on Christmas day.

Lex, my brother-of-another-color, it will certainly be good to see you and your BubbaBear, and to get some of your most excellent hugs!

Everyone else, again: thanks. I'll be a bit more personal soon.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
DC old friend, you know I feel for you as you know and thank you for your holiday wishes. I can't really add anything to what I have already communicated to you since you told me about Tawse's father, save to say anything my wife and I can help with beyond your initial request? All you have to do is ask.

We love you big guy.