Apparently it's been said alot that it's about 2/3rds lost if you get...

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by Vagus, Dec 10, 2010.

?

"Sensitivity "loss" after a Circumcision as a sexually active person.

1. Yes but only 1/3 or so

10 vote(s)
    21.7%
  2. Yes it's 2/3rds or more

11 vote(s)
    23.9%
  3. No overall change, but different(specify if you kept the freunulum)

12 vote(s)
    26.1%
  4. No overall change, remains the same(specify if you kept the freunulum)

13 vote(s)
    28.3%
  1. Vagus

Vagus New Member

circumcised as an adult. I was wondering if people could disprove that, back that up, or give caveats/complexities to it.

2. D_Crystallized Ginger

what is lost??? what do you exactly mean???

3. D_Crystallized Ginger

ooops excuse me I didn't see the survey above...now all it's clear ;-) btw I'm uncut but lost all sensitivities as a young boy because I always pulled skin back and masturbated a lot.. I can remember my sensitivity was very high when a little boy (aged 9 or 10) but then I started to jerk off heavily and I get almost unsensitive at all..now I can last hours before I cum...

4. Vagus

Vagus New Member

Wow are you serious do tell please!! :cool:

5. D_Hammond Happydipper

D_Hammond Happydipper Account Disabled

I still have full Sensitivity(Hypersensitivity), jerking off has not changed that. (uncut) With No plains on getting cut but I do not have a issue with premature ejaculation.

but I am not as ruff as bottoman when I do such.

#5 D_Hammond Happydipper, Dec 10, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
  6. canon

canon Active Member

I think it is pretty common that the skin on the head becomes thicker and less sensitive via masturbation. I think this is the reason I get little from receiving oral sex other than knowing the partner enjoys it. I think this happens with both circumcised and uncut guys.

7. karldergrosse

Gold Member

My 2 cents' worth, though I am intact (uncut):

There are many raging arguments about this subject on many threads here on LPSG (see "circumcision" tag), as well as on the many circfetishist and intactivist sites. But only a man who has undergone circumcision at a "conscious" age, after having experienced masturbation and, ideally, fellatio and sexual intercourse, can give anything like a meaningful opinion--though even then, opinions of those men vary all over the spectrum. Numerous factors can influence these opinions; e.g., reason(s) for being circumcised and attitude toward the operation (desired, undesired, voluntary, involuntary, partner's wish, medical reason or doctor's good/bad advice, etc.), precise style of circumcision (there are a good many different ones), age (intact or circumcised, with or without sexual activity, sensitivity decreases to a greater or lesser extent over time), degree of sex drive, frequency of activity and precise techniques, accuracy of memory in comparing, and many more. We should keep in mind that penile sensitivity and sexual satisfaction are, of course, very subjective experiences. Whatever the degree of sensitivity of the penis itself, however, it is most probable that, once orgasm is reached, it is equally intense for both circumcised and intact men, since it occurs in the internal nervous system.

But a few physiological facts can give us indications of whether circumcision reduces penile sensitivity. First of all, the glans is designed by nature to be an internal organ to be kept protected, moisturized, and lubricated by the foreskin. With the likely exception of men with short foreskins that expose the glans normally, the majority of intact or newly circumcised men will tell you that subjecting the glans to direct stimulation, either by the hand or by rubbing against clothing, can be mildly or even excruciatingly painful. After longer exposure, the glans surface thickens (keratinizes) and becomes much less sensitive to touch of any kind. Standard, full circumcisions remove some 20,000+ pleasure-specific nerve endings; all circumcisions remove the supersensitive jointure (at the very tip end) of the inner and outer foreskins as well as the pleasure-specific ridged band just behind that jointure; and probably the majority of circumcisions remove entirely or partially the highly sensitive frenulum, which increases pleasure in and of itself as well as through its connection with the ridged band. These facts alone would seem to prove that circumcision seriously reduces penile sensation and sexual pleasure, if not for orgasm itself then certainly for the delights of erotic, sensual foreplay.

#7 karldergrosse, Dec 10, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
  8. karldergrosse

Gold Member

Vagus, you yourself would seem to be an ideal candidate to comment on this subject. Surely others would be as interested as I am to hear your opinions. How about it...? :confused:

9. D_John Bareass

D_John Bareass New Member

I once read in a book by Jim Bigelow, The Joy of Uncircumcising, that the head of a penis with a foreskin is one or two cells thick, whereas one that has been circumcised is up to twenty-five cells thick. I also believe the more moist the head is because of being covered, the more sensitive it is. Only my two cents worth, believe it or not. That is partly why I chose to restore mine.

10. Snozzle

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Note to the OP on poll design: none of the three respondents with no change so far have specified if they kept or lost their frenulum.
    Next time, I suggest:

Gain (kept frenulum)
    Gain (lost frenulum)
    No loss (kept frenulum)
    No loss (lost frenulum)
    Minor loss (kept frenulum)
    Minor loss (lost frenulum)
    Major loss (kept frenulum)
    Major loss (lost frenulum)
    Change other than gain or loss (kept frenulum)
    Change other than gain or loss (lost frenulum)

11. mandoman

Gold Member

Not a chance. I'm pushing 60, and uncut. The skin on the head is still exquisitely sensitive, and not calloused. I get terrific sensations from getting head.

12. sargon20

Gold Member

13. arki

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I still have my foreskin.. but i have been retractin it for years now, ive thought of getting cut.. and i still want to..
    since my glans is exposed all the time.. i noticed some changes, well i do have less sensivility, at the begginig my glans cuold feel anything.. the shower weas an experience... lot of feeling in the glans with the water.. etc
    now its always dry, i still feel a lot.. i liket it better, and i dont have like hipersensibility..

14. JTalbain

Gold Member

Ah yes, this study again. The one which asked circumcised and intact men the question this way:

How would you rate your sexual satisfaction?
    1) Very Satisfied
    2) Satisfied
    3) Dissatisfied
    4) Very Dissatisfied

Then grouped the men like this:
    1) Very Satisfied and Satisfied
    2) Dissatisfied and Very Dissatisfied

...then declared their success to the world? That study. As I told you before, the study report is intentionally designed to conceal the actual results of the study. Most of us find sex at least somewhat satisfying regardless of circumcision status; orgasms are just gooey and fun that way. However, any men who experience a lessening of satisfaction and drop from Very Satisfied to Satisfied or Dissatisfied to Very Dissatisfied are not measured by the study. Why are the actual answers to the survey not available? Why can we only see them after they have been filtered and organized to obfuscate what the results were? Wouldn't it make more sense to organize the results by whether each individual man saw a decrease or increase in satisfaction from their starting point?

This study is exactly what it looks like, another in a long line of studies done by the same people in an attempt to get the results they want. In the past the same people who ran this study have resorted to such measures as cancelling and not submitting studies for publication to hide the results, cutting studies short by citing "medical necessity" and declaring success, and now through simple manipulation of numbers. As much as you get annoyed at the Sorrels study, mainly because you don't have a way to dispute it, the fact remains that this study is the most detailed and unbiased study, comprised of pure measurement data. http://www.nocirc.org/touch-test/bju_6685.pdf No surveys, no bias, no creative spin on the results, just sensitivity measurements.

15. JTalbain

Gold Member

Your choice. It's just a hard one for people who were circumcised at birth and have sensitivity issues, like me, to grasp. I don't suppose you'd like to trade?

16. Ed69

Gold Member

Oh realy!:rolleyes:As a man who restored after R.I.C. I know damn well how much I got back. I suspect there could have been alot more sensation if I'd been left intact.

17. JTalbain

Gold Member

The oft overlooked observations of restorers. Expect to have your point of view attacked as they say you are practicing a deviant activity, likely due to having Body Dysmorphic Disorder. Either that or it will be how it is just a matter of preference, and your preference is to be restored, when it is actually to be intact.

Seriously though, thanks for your input. More restorers need to speak up on the matter.

18. Snozzle

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    It found sex for all thos paid Ugandan volunteers for circumcision to be virtually perfect both before and after circumcision. Clearly Uganda is a sexual paradise and we should all go there.

19. sargon20

Gold Member

oh you again? you just can't stand anyone being happy can you? that fundamental self-determination is to be denied. all because of your disorder (you know the one). if someone tells you they are happy, I like most people typically believe them. why can't you?methinks had the study revealed thousands of post-op unhappy subjects the study would be the 'crown jewel' in your crusade ne c'est pas?

#19 sargon20, Dec 11, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2010
  20. JTalbain

Gold Member

Perhaps you missed the point of my jab. The study may have revealed such a finding, but we'd never know the way that the numbers were reported. Perhaps you'd know of a way to get the original test answers for the study? Oh wait, they're not available. Funny that. Besides, if it did reveal such a statistic you'd merely discredit it by pointing out that it was only a survey, which is inherently subjective. Notice how I don't rely on surveys to provide evidence for something that can be scientifically measured?

And how many times must I say, if you're happy with your penis, be happy with your penis and let everyone else be happy with theirs. Realize that not everyone will have the same results from circumcision as you or I, and we will all have different preferences. For that reason, it makes no sense to circumcise your children in the absence of medical indication, because all you are doing is forcing your sense of aesthetics permanently and irreversibly onto someone else. If you want to get circed as an adult, that is your decision and no one else's. Everyone else should be given the same chance to decide for themselves.

Sargon, what do you think is actually being shown here by our clashes of opinions? I'm saying that because not everyone is going to have the same reaction to the surgery and because the foreskin is functional, then no one should be cut in the absence of a medical reason until they are old enough to decide for themselves, in order to preserve their rights in keeping with medical ethics. Which leaves you saying what exactly? That the opinions of individuals do not matter? That negative results can be forced on some because others did not experience them? That a parent can enforce their vanity upon their children to avoid bruising their own ego by facing facts? Enough with the sniping, creative editing of posts, and smarmy comments. Why don't you plant your feet like a man and actually back what you believe in?

Accept it; you have no disproof for Sorrels study, and yours deliberately obfuscates its results. No relevant medical organization approves circumcision in the name of preventive medicine. Your argument boils down to people whining that Junior won't look like Daddy. You have no case.

Draft saved Draft deleted